Era of Magic (EoMa) 4.6.2 - now on Ko-fi!

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 4.5 - now on Ko-fi!

Post by Ravana »

Logs without context are generally worthless.

You need to explain what happened in game that makes you think something is wrong. If we approve your opinion, then logs may help us find reason.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Btw, I've been away of wesnoth life for like 3 weeks, now I'ma gonna reply to a lot of things as well as mentioning some few adds.

The very first thing to mention is that the new kharosian unit looks so majestic!! :shock: , appart that infusing fire in swords was already seen in fireswordsman, WHICH suits perfectly to my previously suggested unit !! :mrgreen: , maybe both units could be related in their descriptions or idk :lol: :lol: :lol:

About new fire ranged caster, I'ma been thinking that this unit actually exists and is important for kharos , but kharos is a somewhat powerful faction... so I would price the lv2-lv3 fire priestess for a bit higher because of being an option that previously didn't exist but that players can get a lot of profit from that. Optional advancement that used to not exist can be slightly overpriced because you got ONE MORE OPTION which is never bad ! and in many cases paying bit overpriced consdering a lot of aspects is absolutely worth it.

- Fire Priestess price from 35 to 37 / want try 40% defense in sand terrain?
- Fire Templar price from 55 to 57 / add sand defense 40% ?

Usually fire related units in EOMA universe has features or advantages on sand / hot climatse, best example is Pyromancer and Master-of-Fire that is not only 40% defense on sand but also ONE movement cost in sand terrain which in certain cases is a powerful interaction.

Inferno8 suggested me to buff barbarians at sand because of being a steppe based faction , so I replied to him that making barbarian orcs be 40% in sand looks fine to me as a slight difference on ORCS / Goblins from 30% to 40% is not really as massive as 40% flat defense to 50% (appart of sand being much less common terrain, also increase from 40% to 50% is more important if to consider a buff...) as it's more impactful increasing from high to higher terrain defense while adding a +10% on a poor/bad terrain doesn't change much the unit., So many barbarian orcs could be only 40% defense on sand terrain which is a small fational advantage for orcs which also summoners have but bit better because of 1 movement cost in sand... but HEY, orcs also needs 1 MP cost in sand and 2 in mountains ... which if adding 1 MP cost on sand that could be dangerous for balance.

Even for this same reason, dark-blooded saurians which are saurians but 1 movement cost been nerfed significantly to only be 50% defense in CAVE / SAND as they live in a enormous forest which allowed them to gain more agility at trees but worse on sand and caves because of not being pretty common for dark-blooded.

Also about Elementalists and Master mages they also have slight terrain defenses/movement costs that not only helps the unit but also the faction as whole at allowing elementalists to be 40% on swallow water/sand decreases the risks of more aggresive placement for certain sky kingdom units. As well certain Sky Kingdom mages requires ONLY two movement to move on a mountain tile !!! this was suggested as Sky Kingdom was among slowest army deploy in bigger maps/randomly-generated/scrolling-survival scenarios which was sincerely giving a dissadventage to sky kingdom over most of EOMA factions.

Also about subversive mages, I can also add that I wanted them to not only be another generic mage but with cold attack ... so I suggested a whole psudo-foot type for this unit which is how this unit actually is !!! tell if you enjoy this slight difference as IT'S INTENTIONAL to work better againsit slowed (-50% damage) enemies! I still remember when this unit was 7-3 and entangle impact for slowings ... while it was very strong still the unit had no pesonality, at certain point that unit lost their slowing attack (I don't remember why?) and also their ranged was nerfed from 7-3 to 6-3. So this unit had a deviation in 2022-2023 which made this unit be more unique! as well of Elementalist small terrain buffs.

Additionally about Hidden Faces, I still remember the very very VERY VERY old Slashers that used to be 5-5 blade melee :lol: :lol: and advancing into a lv2 unit that had +Leadership +Skirsmisher but no lv3 named Master which was very underrated but BEAST unit at combining both +leadership and +skirmisher . But the weird thing on that unit is that it's blade attack on lv1 was being swapped to lv2 but 5-6 IMPACT MELEE ... in 2022 unit was very close to lose that ORIGINAL impact melee attack on Mysitcal Warrior (previously named Master in VERY OLD TIMES) so I suggested something to keep that original attack as well of keeping the actual (in that momment) blade attack that the line had !! which a lot later ForestDragon suggested it a lv3 that also adds pierce mele attack.

So yeah, I know a large list of balance changes in EOMA even in 2014's times ... I'M REALLY OLD in wesnoth! :shock:

Also last thing I have to add is that some previously done sprites/animations are out-classed a lot by ones we received from new units and reworks, so many old units will probably need a revam in their sprites to be at the level of the newest additions. But life is about that, about getting better over the time! so some time some sprites might be redone for a better looking add-on :mrgreen:

I'm not sure which units are leaking in sprites, but I would say Goblin Runt (But it's lv0 :lol: ) and sincerely not really sure, but maybe lv2 black salamander sprite? it's for some reason too big/different proportions than of lv1 salamander and being bigger for some reason ... while for example in Yellow and Desert salamanders (BOTH UNITS suggested BY ME) are much more loyal to lv1 and all other salamanders in overall in terms of sprites.

I have no more balance propossals to suggest, but kharos will do a lot better againist dwarven mech and againist a lot of units because yeah, they were leaking in ranged damage againist certain enemies which was an important flaw in kharos as faction but that been fixed recently.

So will be posting some replays and testing in some few momments (hours, days, I don't know)
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

IPS wrote: December 18th, 2023, 8:04 am The very first thing to mention is that the new kharosian unit looks so majestic!! :shock: , appart that infusing fire in swords was already seen in fireswordsman, WHICH suits perfectly to my previously suggested unit !! :mrgreen: , maybe both units could be related in their descriptions or idk :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah, I already updated fire swordsman description to mention that in 4.5.
IPS wrote: December 18th, 2023, 8:04 am- Fire Priestess price from 35 to 37 / want try 40% defense in sand terrain?
- Fire Templar price from 55 to 57 / add sand defense 40% ?
Sounds reasonable. (and now already implemented in dev build too at the time of writing)
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
IPS

Post by IPS »

Got informed about you're working on option B for cyclops noble (Ritualist & Lorekeeper), sent valuable feedback to inferno8 about an alternative to buff lv3 cyclops lord while a very small nerf of -2 HP on the ritualist new line. Can consider adding a buff aura for lv3/lv4 ritualist because in both attacks it has lv2 dmg's but precsion accuracy ... which for a lv3 mage is terrible but coming from BARBARIANS seems fair and legit, and I would rather a +10% fire/cold/arcane ressistance ally buff for lv3 ritualist than increasing any more cyclops ritualist damages.

I said to inferno8 that aura value be 10% for lv4 , but thinking in the awful stats that lv3 has , maybe 10% for lv3 and 15% for lv4. So players who level up into this unit gets more reward while XP modders who only stacks strikes gets nerfed :eng:

Also been thinking that all units with Lv2 caps SHOULD HAVE an AMLA menu feature as of Carpet Master , so they can keep a better performance in late game even if being over-trained for any reason. Would be great if you consider this for other units like Goblin Druids / Wizards , Goblin Assasin , Troll Warbanner , Kharosian Legionnaire / Bulwark , Inspired . Steam Red Ulfserker , Golden Mage (very minors AMLA features because THIS UNIT IS SO BEAST) , Shadow Mage , Architect , Great Efreeti , Heavy/Neutral Summoner , Blademaster , Crimson Blade .

All the mentioned units have an option A or B that can go 1 level higher than the mentioned untis, so adding an AMLA menu to them could be fantastic, as well of some (probably) not mentioned units that have no lv3 in their only advancement which few been mentioned in my list.

Buff for Recruitment Officer unit
- Will now have +Inspires(+1) and it can go to Inspires(+2) if sucessful in AMLA.

Certain exceptions DO NOT DEPEND on AMLA menu feature to be strong, such as Cosmic Eye for example because that unit is fairly among best of all lv2 ever existing even in all Ageless because at featuring a lot of virtues and value in same unit !!! reason why Lv1 battle eyes drains massive 60 XP to lv2 because Cosmic Eye even if frail, can sometimes be a better addition to your army than another lv3 fighter/unit.
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

IPS wrote: December 24th, 2023, 8:29 am Got informed about you're working on option B for cyclops noble (Ritualist & Lorekeeper), sent valuable feedback to inferno8 about an alternative to buff lv3 cyclops lord while a very small nerf of -2 HP on the ritualist new line. Can consider adding a buff aura for lv3/lv4 ritualist because in both attacks it has lv2 dmg's but precsion accuracy ... which for a lv3 mage is terrible but coming from BARBARIANS seems fair and legit, and I would rather a +10% fire/cold/arcane ressistance ally buff for lv3 ritualist than increasing any more cyclops ritualist damages.

I said to inferno8 that aura value be 10% for lv4 , but thinking in the awful stats that lv3 has , maybe 10% for lv3 and 15% for lv4. So players who level up into this unit gets more reward while XP modders who only stacks strikes gets nerfed :eng:
I think an aura buff ability won't really fit this unit - it is meant to fill the barbarians' ranged magic DPS niche (and ranged DPS in general), something the barbarians are pretty noticeably lacking at the moment (right now the only decent high-level ranged DPS-ers are raider and warlock). having to balance the unit around him getting support options too would just dilute the unit imo.
IPS wrote: December 24th, 2023, 8:29 am Also been thinking that all units with Lv2 caps SHOULD HAVE an AMLA menu feature as of Carpet Master , so they can keep a better performance in late game even if being over-trained for any reason. Would be great if you consider this for other units like Goblin Druids / Wizards , Goblin Assasin , Troll Warbanner , Kharosian Legionnaire / Bulwark , Inspired . Steam Red Ulfserker , Golden Mage (very minors AMLA features because THIS UNIT IS SO BEAST) , Shadow Mage , Architect , Great Efreeti , Heavy/Neutral Summoner , Blademaster , Crimson Blade .

All the mentioned units have an option A or B that can go 1 level higher than the mentioned untis, so adding an AMLA menu to them could be fantastic, as well of some (probably) not mentioned units that have no lv3 in their only advancement which few been mentioned in my list.
In 4.6 me and inferno8 already implemented AMLA trees for Goblin Assassin, Troll Warbanner, Goblin Warbanner, and Cyclops Breaker (the latter got the fewest AMLAs due to already being a solid unit). The former three also got major xp buffs to make the AMLAs not a complete waste of XP. Gradually adding more AMLAs for unit sounds reasonable, though we are generally going to prioritize lvl2s over lvl3s
IPS wrote: December 24th, 2023, 8:29 am Buff for Recruitment Officer unit
- Will now have +Inspires(+1) and it can go to Inspires(+2) if sucessful in AMLA.
I like this idea. Helps him compete against platinum warrior and synergizes with recruit
IPS wrote: December 24th, 2023, 8:29 am Certain exceptions DO NOT DEPEND on AMLA menu feature to be strong, such as Cosmic Eye for example because that unit is fairly among best of all lv2 ever existing even in all Ageless because at featuring a lot of virtues and value in same unit !!! reason why Lv1 battle eyes drains massive 60 XP to lv2 because Cosmic Eye even if frail, can sometimes be a better addition to your army than another lv3 fighter/unit.
Makes sense
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Era of Magic 2023 Summary
eoma_2023_units.png

2023 was another very successful year for Era of Magic. We've added 13 new units since January, including exciting additions like Divine Executor, Titan Golem, Hellish Hydra, Trench Sweeper, Fire Templar, Mechanical Wyrm, and Pain Sphere! Now, there are 297 units in total across all EoMa factions (mainline has 276, iirc), with an average of 37 units per faction. Additionally, we've created 13 new abilities and specials in 2023, including such unique ones like "pain channeling" and "point blank."

I couldn't have done it without the help of our dedicated contributors, particularly ForestDragon, IPS, and Ravana. ForestDragon has even earned the title of "EoMa Contributor of the Year"! :D Together, we've worked hard on improving statistics for over 250 units, designing new additions, and implementing improvements. Thank you for your long-term commitment and dedication to the project, ForestDragon!

By the way if you haven't checked out ForestDragon's latest creation, you're in for a treat! His "Campaign EoMafier Mod" is a singleplayer modification that allows you to recruit units from various factions across Era of Magic in any singleplayer campaign. With this mod, you can bring the might of Tharis against Asheviere, summon Destroyers at Mal-Keshar's behest, bolster Kapou'e's great horde with Barbarian reinforcements or upgrade your dwarves' arsenal from primitive thundersticks to tanks! :shock:
Visit this forum topic for more information: viewtopic.php?t=57445

I would also like to thank IPS who has been instrumental in providing valuable unit ideas. His contributions date back to the add-on's initial release 15 years ago. His creativity has resulted in fantastic units like Divine Executor, Pain Sphere, Battle Copter, Pain Mistress, Elemental Archer and more. Many thanks to IPS for his collaboration! :D

I would like to take this opportunity and give a huge shoutout to everyone who has been contributing to our growth and evolution via donations. Without your help, we wouldn't have been able to push out as many updates lately. Thanks again for your support – we couldn't do it without you! :)

Looking ahead to 2024, here's what to expect:
  • Era of Magic Multiplayer Activity Report for 2023 will drop in January. This comprehensive report promises to reveal intriguing details about the popularity of different factions and more, giving you a better understanding of the EoMa community's preferences and trends. The report is something we're all eagerly anticipating!
  • Another significant EoMa 4.6 update is slated for release in January, promising to be one of the largest updates yet! It will feature 2 new units for Barbarians, jaw-dropping animations for Rocs, many new AMLAs for lvl2/lvl3 capped units and hundreds of terrain defense/movement cost changes.
  • For those interested in To Lands Unknown, major updates are planned for Q1/Q2, featuring 24fps standing animations for all units, achievements, and other thrilling enhancements. These updates will likely be the final major ones for the campaign, so keep an eye out!
  • I'm also excited to announce that I will be revealing a thorough roadmap in the coming days, detailing my ambitious plans for the future of Era of Magic universe. Stay tuned!
Have a happy New Year! :D

...2024 - the year of the Roc? :P
eoma-roc-newanim-prev.gif
eoma-roc-newanim-prev.gif (16.6 KiB) Viewed 3757 times
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
inferno8
Art Contributor

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 4.5 - 2023 MP Report now available!

Post by inferno8 »

The Era of Magic 2023 MP Activity Report is now available!
This latest installment provides insights into the popularity of factions and trends across the multiplayer landscape.
As with our previous reports (available here: LINK), this third report in the series leverages data from the 2023 Multiplayer Activity Report published by Pentarctagon, now including additional Ageless Era data to provide a comprehensive analysis.

A quick note before we dive in: due to changes in methodology, this report does not include detailed comparisons with previous years' faction popularity. However, rest assured that the new approach allows for a more accurate representation of the current state of affairs. So, without further ado... let's get started! :D

Era popularity:
eoma_2023_popularity.png
(click to enlarge)
Based on data from the official Multiplayer Activity Report, there were a total of 2358 games featuring EoMa last year. The first chart showcases the overall popularity of EoMa, while the second chart focuses on its popularity within the Ageless Era. These charts reveal that EoMa's popularity remained consistent throughout 2023, with some fluctuations around certain seasons. For instance, there was a slight decrease in popularity during the summer months and around Christmas time, but these dips are to be expected.

Era popularity in Ageless:
eoma_2023_popularity_in_AE.png
In addition to analyzing the official MP activity reports, I was able to estimate the number of factions present in the Ageless ecosystem. If I am right there are currently 123 factions in Ageless, with 8 of them coming from Era of Magic. Stunningly, these 8 factions accounted for a whopping 12% of all factions chosen in games involving Ageless Era. Considering there are so many factions to choose from, this is truly remarkable. In essence, the factions from Era of Magic were the most popular choices in Ageless Era last year, which is a significant achievement.

Factions popularity:
To determine the most popular factions in Era of Magic (EoMa), I utilized the "factions by side count" data from the official Multiplayer Activity Report. The results are displayed in the accompanying graphs, with the red horizontal line representing the arithmetic average.
eoma_2023_factions_popularity.png
In both 2023 and the previous years of 2022 and 2021, Destroyers emerged as the most popular faction in EoMa. With numerous powerful units capable of advancing up to level 4, it's no wonder why Destroyers continue to reign supreme.
Contrary to expectations, Barbarians remained the least popular faction in 2023, a trend that persisted in 2022 and 2021. Given their lack of formidable magic casters, it's unsurprising that they fall behind other factions in terms of popularity.

Interestingly, the disparity between the popularity of factions is more pronounced in Ageless Era (AE) than in pure EoMa. While AE lags behind EoMa by several versions, it remains unclear how much this impacts the popularity of factions. However, I suspect that once the upcoming Era of Magic 4.6 update addresses the issues surrounding Barbarians, the factions in AE may see a boost in popularity.

To the maintainers of AE: I hope to see the content of EoMa updated in future releases, allowing players to experience the full potential of EoMa factions. By doing so, we can create a more balanced and engaging multiplayer experience for all players.

RPG mode:
The following two charts provide insightful answers regarding the popularity of EoMa factions in RPG mode, across both pure Era of Magic and Ageless Era. Observe the notable contrasts between these two settings.
eoma_2023_RPG_factions_popularity.png
In RPG modes set within pure EoMa, Destroyers emerge as the overwhelming favorite among players, holding the top spot. Conversely, when shifted to Ageless RPG, Destroyers plummet to fourth place, with Sky Kingdom securing the number one position in this setting. Interestingly, the rankings differ significantly when moving away from pure EoMa territory.

Factions popularity (combined):
Below you will discover perhaps the most crucial chart in the entire report, showcasing the collective popularity of all EoMa factions across Ageless Era and pure EoMa.
eoma_2023_factions_popularity_combined.png
Although it resembles the final chart from the 2022 report, there is a significant difference - Tharis has dropped to second least favorite faction. However, please keep in mind that this may change once Ageless receives an update. In particular, Tharis received two new units in version 4.4 and will enjoy critical bug fixes in 4.6, which will significantly enhance the player experience with this faction. Additionally, worth noting is that in pure EoMa, Tharis ranks second in popularity, right after Destroyers, indicating progress towards improvement. So, things are looking up!

Faction trends:
The last chart shows faction trends EoMa + Ageless EoMa (combined):
eoma_2023_factions_popularity_combined_trends.png
Conclusion:
Once again, the Barbarians faction requires more focus in 2024. I firmly believe that the inclusion of the formidable Cyclops Ritualist and Cyclops Lorekeeper in the forthcoming 4.6 update will elevate the faction's appeal. Moreover, breathtaking 24fps animations for Rocs are on the horizon, which I predict will captivate the majority of players. These developments hold great promise for the faction's growth in popularity.

That's all for now. Feel free to share your thoughts on the report! ;)
Creator of Era of Magic

Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

inferno8 wrote: January 12th, 2024, 3:50 pm Once again, the Barbarians faction requires more focus in 2024. I firmly believe that the inclusion of the formidable Cyclops Ritualist and Cyclops Lorekeeper in the forthcoming 4.6 update will elevate the faction's appeal. Moreover, breathtaking 24fps animations for Rocs are on the horizon, which I predict will captivate the majority of players. These developments hold great promise for the faction's growth in popularity.

That's all for now. Feel free to share your thoughts on the report! ;)
I'd like to cast some doubt on the meaning of faction popularity. I think it has only a partial correlation to the factions "effectiveness". A lot of players just get very tribal and support "their" faction because it appeals to them on a basic level. I've observed this from conversation on IRC/discord.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Atreides wrote: January 12th, 2024, 8:29 pm I'd like to cast some doubt on the meaning of faction popularity. I think it has only a partial correlation to the factions "effectiveness". A lot of players just get very tribal and support "their" faction because it appeals to them on a basic level. I've observed this from conversation on IRC/discord.
Good point. Though fortunately we've been adding stuff to each eoma faction somewhat evenly so every faction's fans get something new each year.
IPS

Post by IPS »

I in 2023's I've been very active in multiplayer lobbies so I have a detailed info/view about what I've seen about EOMA faction among AE community.

Tharis has a notable popularity drop in ageless just because the main issue of not having healers, which many scenarios punishes you really hard if not having at least one single healer.... even a good player AS ME struggled pretty much in a very specific game in a 60 x 55 randomly generated map.... because even if I've won... I shouldn't have suffered this much because of unit's fatigue and constant low HP ... as I'm aware than for any average player that specific game would been a very clear defeat. So in that case, it just revealed me that tharis needed more self healing (bloodlust & nocturnal regen) split in their units as well of XP buffs to compensate the base low HP of certain tharis units , as well as I realized that in any medium-big maps tharis could not fight back againist Rune Master mech because hydras are very slow and cannot cover a wide area as well as new unit Pain Mistress/Matriarch. So the addition of new units, healing specials and the XP buffs were absolutely needed.

Sky Kingdom & Rune Masters being very popular in Ageless is very obvious, high accuracy untis are valuable in all game modes.... but in ageless modded scenarios/maps accuracy means your damage increases do also scale a lot better than if not having such specials, so in this point summoners and sky kingdoms are the best magic based factions.

Destroyers being this very popular is a combination of multiple factor, first of all, THEY LOOK SO COOL and their sprites are very attractive to anyone, so basically their concept is the one that attracts the most. Other point is that certain units were insanely strong in modded games (Infernal Vortex, Nightmares) because they feature high ressists, high damage, high accuracy and in case of vortex very powerful single strike attacks.... which in addition of extra strikes or HP/DMG from XP mod , blatant that they give a notable advantage for players who uses them in comparation to a lot of other Ageless average units.

Talking about AE development, I'm planning to buff most of AE units to avoid them leak/overshadow in comparation to EoMa, but idea is decreasing AVG advantage from picking EOMA over any other AE faction in MP. Specially if high tier secret attackers been buffed, AE cannot maintain passive and not react about this balance change from EOMA, so many of AE factions if not fearuting more attack specials, they will get either XP buffs (decreases) or more health & slight fire/cold ressist randomly.

About barbarians and dark blooded, well, their popularity decreased with the changes I did in 2023's because in case of dark blooded I've nerfed what people used to spam (toads & wyverns) and buff the whole rest of the faction ... thing that most players disliked but it was trully necessary because toad abuse was one of the main issues. Barbarians had very OP lv1/lv2 roc riders, and cyclops lords mostly, which been nerfed because for real that was probably the most OP physical scout in whole AE if talking about pre-nerf roc rider as it was insane fast, flying and it was really fast to lv2 having stats of a lv2 fighter but also the features for a flying scout ... so it was insane OP unit. Sadly for both factions, the rebalance didn't help much their popularity, but multiplayer ecosystem is also important for me.

I'm attentive about events in EOMA and wesnoth and in some time I'm going to be back again to multiplayer lobbies
inferno8
Art Contributor

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 4.6 - now on Ko-fi!

Post by inferno8 »

Era of Magic 4.6 is now available!
eoma_4.6_promo.gif
eoma_4.6_promo.gif (1.8 MiB) Viewed 3048 times

2 new units for Barbarians, 4 new abilities, new standing animations for Rocs, tons of new AMLAs, 155 modified units, many impactful terrain defense/movecost changes, lots of bugfixes and tweaks. This latest version brings a plethora of exciting improvements, and new content to enhance your gaming experience. Be aware that this update is absolutely massive. It feels almost like 5.0 and improves many various aspects of gameplay and fixes a huge number of bugs.
This update is required to play the newest To Land Unknown 3.9 release!

Here are some of the key highlights:

New Units:
eoma4.6_new_units.png
eoma4.6_new_units.png (90.2 KiB) Viewed 3048 times
Get ready to unlock two powerful new units – Cyclops Ritualist (level 3) and Cyclops Lorekeeper (level 4) - both of which can be acquired by advancing Cyclops Noble (level 2). These formidable units excel at delivering magical damage from a distance while Lorekeeper features a powerful teleport ability that allows him to swiftly appear on the battlefield and devastate enemies with his potent spells. Cyclops Ritualists and Cyclops Lorekeepers will undoubtedly shake up your strategy and give you more options in battle.

Animations:
Enjoy smoother and more fluid gameplay with the addition of 24fps animations for Roc Rider, Roc Tamer, and Roc Master. Say goodbye to laggy transitions and get immersed in the action like never before!

After Max Level Advancements (AMLAs):
eoma4.6_amlas.png
Take advantage of new AMLAs for various units, including Blood Warrior, Cyclops Breaker, Cyclops Lord, Goblin Assassin, Goblin Druid, Goblin Warbanner, Goblin Wizard, Troll Warbanner, Jungle Assassin, Jungle Champion, Jungle Salamander, Lava Salamander, Fanatic, Fire Swordsman, Recruitment Officer, Red Steam Ulfserker, Trench Sweeper, Master of Earth, Shadow Mage, Pain Sphere, Storm Sphere, Sword Dancer, and more. These AMLAs grant additional abilities or enhancements to existing units, allowing you to customize your units according to your playstyle and making these units more viable in late game.

Terrain Defense and Move Cost Adjustments:
The update includes absolutely massive tweaks to improve unit movement and defense on different terrains. For instance, most Barbarian units now move rapidly across sand terrain, while Runemasters benefit from defense and speed increases on snowy or frozen ground at the expense of sand mobility. Different species of salamanders have their unique terrain preferences adjusted, ensuring a better fit for each branch's strengths and to work better with the rest of the faction. Additionally, we've corrected some inconsistent terrain modifiers, such as 5mp hill/forest on water elementals being changed to 3 mpcost and Bone Beast/Undead Cyclops frozen movement getting changed from 4 to 2.

Cold Aura Update:
Embrace the chill and take control of the battlefield like never before. The cold aura ability has received significant changes, including the ability to freeze swamps and tiles with terrain overlays and increase the speed of adjacent friendly units on frozen ground. We also fixed a serious bug with the ability in campaigns that caused water to randomly appear on same coordinates as frozen locations in previous scenario.

Fixes and Improvements:
Numerous WML and animation bugs have been eradicated, courtesy of ForestDragon's meticulous testing in the single-player environment using his incredible "Campaign Eomafier" modification. This update guarantees a more seamless and enjoyable gameplay experience, especially for Tharis players. This is actually the most polished version in ages.

Special thanks:
I want to express my sincere gratitude to ForestDragon for his invaluable assistance in updating EoMa to 4.6. His thorough testing uncovered numerous critical issues, and he skillfully addressed the vast majority of them single-handedly. In addition, he reworked numerous abilities to improve and optimize their code. Furthermore, he was instrumental in shaping the unit terrain defense/movecost changes in this release. By dedicating his time and expertise to the codebase, he enabled me to focus on the art department with greater intensity. I'm grateful for his contributions and look forward to future projects together. Thank you!

By the way, ForestDragon has prepared another portion of EoMa jokes for you! Enjoy!
New EoMa Jokes
eomajoke_new7.png
eomajoke_new8.png
eomajoke_new9.png
Full 4.6 changelog:

Code: Select all

## Version 4.6
 ### Gameplay
   * added 2 new units: Cyclops Ritualist (lvl3) and Cyclops Lorekeeper (lvl4)
   * added new AMLAs for Blood Warrior, Cyclops Breaker, Cyclops Lord, Goblin Assassin, Goblin Druid, Goblin Warbanner, Goblin Wizard, Troll Warbanner, Jungle Assassin, Jungle Champion, Jungle Salamander, Lava Salamander, Fanatic, Fire Swordsman, Recruitment Officer, Red Steam Ulfserker, Trench Sweeper, Master of Earth, Shadow Mage, Pain Sphere, Storm Sphere, Sword Dancer
   * many terrain defense and movecost adjustments making units good on their factions' preferable terrain
   * renamed Chaos Wyvern Rider to Chaos Wyvern Knight
   * renamed Swamp Salamander to Jungle Salamander
   * renamed Saurian Assassin to Jungle Assassin
   * Hydra movetype changes: lvl2-4 are consistent with lvl1, fungus defense got buffed from 40 to 50, mountain defense 40 -> 50, mountain movecost 5 -> 3; hydra line: reef mpcost 2 -> 1
   * Salamander movetype changes: forest 2 -> 1 for every salamander (except ones who already had 1mpcost), reef 2 -> 1 on every salamander (except ones who already had 1mpcost), frozen 40 -> 30 on most salamanders, cave 60 -> 40 on lvl1 and 50 -> 40 on many
   * Toad movetype changes: castle defense from 50% to 40%, cave defense from 50% to 30%, frozen defense from 40% to 30%, reef mpcost 2 -> 1
   * removed the survivor trait
   * disabled the 'scavenger' ability in RPG mode
   * drone upgrade points system rework: now players need every non-repeatable AMLA + every upgrade to get Perfect Drone, instead of being able to spam drone upgrade with a few technicians to mass-produced perfect drones without even needing any other upgrades
 ### Units
   * Barbarians:
     * Barbarian: 2 -> 1 sand movement cost; 30% -> 40% sand defense
     * Barbarian Berserker: 2 -> 1 sand movement cost; 30% -> 40% sand defense
     * Barbarian King: 2 -> 1 sand movement cost; 30% -> 40% sand defense
     * Barbarian Lord: 2 -> 1 sand movement cost; 30% -> 40% sand defense
     * Blood Warrior: 2 -> 1 sand movement cost; 30% -> 40% sand defense; XP from 100 to 75
     * Cyclops: 2 -> 1 sand movement cost
     * Cyclops Breaker: XP from 100 to 80; 2 -> 1 sand movement cost
     * Cyclops Brute: 2 -> 1 sand movement cost
     * Cyclops Goliath: 2 -> 1 sand movement cost
     * Cyclops Lord: 2 -> 1 sand movement cost; now has 'inspire 1'; removed the 19-1 ranged attack; the ranged 25-1 gaze attack has precision (offensive) now, removed the 'attack only' special from the attack
     * Cyclops Noble: 2 -> 1 sand movement cost; removed the 12-1 ranged attack; the ranged 17-1 gaze attack has precision (offensive) now, removed the 'attack only' special from the attack
     * Cyclops Warmonger: 2 -> 1 sand movement cost
     * Goblin Archer: 2 -> 1 sand movement cost; 30% -> 40% sand defense
     * Goblin Assassin: XP from 100 to 55; 1 sand movement cost; 60% sand defense
     * Goblin Druid: XP from 100 to 55; 2 -> 1 sand movement cost; 30% -> 40% sand defense
     * Goblin Hunter: XP from 50 to 40; 1 sand movement cost; 60% sand defense
     * Goblin Invader: 2 -> 1 sand movement cost; 40% -> 50% sand defense; 50% -> 60% hills defense; changed ranged pierce attack damage from 14-1 to 15-1
     * Goblin Kamikaze: 2 -> 1 sand movement cost; 30% -> 40% sand defense
     * Goblin Raider: 2 -> 1 sand movement cost; 30% -> 40% sand defense
     * Goblin Runt: 2 -> 1 sand movement cost; 30% -> 40% sand defense
     * Goblin Shaman: 2 -> 1 sand movement cost; 30% -> 40% sand defense
     * Goblin Sniper: 2 -> 1 sand movement cost; 30% -> 40% sand defense
     * Goblin Veteran: 2 -> 1 sand movement cost; 30% -> 40% sand defense
     * Goblin Warbanner: XP from 100 to 55; 2 -> 1 sand movement cost; 30% -> 40% sand defense
     * Goblin Wizard: XP from 100 to 60; 2 -> 1 sand movement cost; 30% -> 40% sand defense
     * Orcish Brawler: 2 -> 1 sand movement cost; 30% -> 40% sand defense
     * Orcish Chieftain: 2 -> 1 sand movement cost; 30% -> 40% sand defense
     * Orcish Warbanner: 2 -> 1 sand movement cost; 30% -> 40% sand defense
     * Orcish Warrior: 2 -> 1 sand movement cost; 30% -> 40% sand defense
     * Troll Fire Wizard: 2 -> 1 sand movement cost
     * Troll Warbanner: XP from 100 to 60; 2 -> 1 sand movement cost
     * Troll Warbanner (rpg): fixed incorrect weapon special
     * Troll Warlock: 2 -> 1 sand movement cost
   * Darkbood Alliance:
     * Battle Toad: XP from 103 to 92
     * Black Salamander: deep water defense from 20% to 30%; reef defense from 30% to 50%, cave defense 60% to 50%
     * Blue Salamander: reef defense from 50% to 60%
     * Chosen of Forest: 4 -> 2 frozen move cost, 60% -> 50% sand defense and 30% -> 40% frozen defense; replaced 'regenerates +12' with 'nature regeneration +12';; added the 'inspire 2' ability; replaced the 'skilled' weapon special with 'very skilled for the ranged attack, changed damage from 5-5 to 7-4
     * Chosen of Marsh: hitpoints from 60 to 64; sand defense from 60% to 50%; added the 'bleed' weapon special to the melee attack
     * Clan Leader: XP from 100 to 90; 4 -> 3 frozen movecost
     * Corrupted Shaman: hitpoints from 36 to 39; cost from 32 to 34; sand defense from 60% to 50%; changed fireball attack damage from 5-5 to 6-5
     * Desert Salamander: 2 -> 1 cave movecost; 60% -> 50% cave defense
     * Dreadnought: hitpoints from 84 to 85; changed pierce resistance from 0% to 10%
     * Forest Spirit: can now cure bleed, still cures poison (and it is now mentioned in ability description), no longer removes slow
     * Jungle Assassin: 60% -> 70% forest defense
     * Jungle Champion: now has a new 12-1 ranged pierce attack
     * Jungle Salamander: forest defense from 60% to 70%
     * Lava Salamander: 2 -> 1 sand movecost, 2 -> 1 cave movecost; 50% -> 60% cave defense, 40% -> 60% fungus defense; has 'heat aura 10%' now; has 'heat aura 15%' AMLA instead of +15% fire resistance AMLA; buffed fire resitance from 40% to 60%; fire bite attack damage from 11-3 (attack only) to 9-2 + backstab (removed the 'attack only' special); 1 cave movecost; 30% frozen defense
     * Mystic: XP from 190 to 180; 4 -> 2 frozen movecost, 60% -> 50% sand defense and 30% -> 40% frozen defense; replaced 'regenerates +8' with 'nature regeneration +8'
     * Red Salamander: 2 -> 1 sand movecost, 2 -> 1 cave movescost; 40% -> 60% fungus defense; added a new melee fire attack with backstab; 30% frozen defense
     * Salamander Marine: 2 -> 1 sand movecost
     * Shadow salamander: 2 -> 1 cave movecost; shallow water defense from 40% to 50%, deep water defense from 20% to 30%; 30% to 50% reef defense; 
     * Shamanistic Adept: now has 3 frozen movecost
     * Swamp Mage: hitpoints from 48 to 52; sand defense from 60% to 50%
     * Temple Guard: +1 damage to all attacks
     * Toad Archer: XP from 93 to 86
     * Toad Mystic: hitpoints from 75 to 77; 2 -> 1 frozen movecost; keeps 40% frozen defense unlike other toads
     * Toad Rider: XP from 52 to 50
     * Toad Shaman: XP from 110 to 100; 2 -> 1 frozen movecost; keeps 40% frozen defense unlike other toads
     * Twin Archer Toad: hitpoints from 82 to 83; changed impact resistance from 10% to 20%
     * Yellow Salamander: cave defense from 60% to 50%
   * Destroyers:
     * Atokpi Charger: deep water resistance from 30% to 40%, swamp water resistance from 40% to 50%
     * Atokpi Infantry: 30% to 40% swamp water defense, 30% to 40% frozen defense
     * Bone Beast: 4 -> 2 frozen movecost
     * Bone Giant: 4 -> 2 frozen movecost
     * Bone Golem: 4 -> 2 frozen movecost
     * Bone Splitter: 4 -> 2 frozen movecost
     * Crimson Atokpi: 30% to 40% swamp water defense
     * Cyclops Necromancer: 2 -> 1 frozen movecost; replaced 'undead heal +8' with 'undead heal +5'
     * Cyclops Skeleton: 4 -> 2 frozen movecost
     * Dark Apostle: now has 'awe 1'
     * Extinct Cyclops Mage: 4 -> 2 frozen movecost
     * Fallen Cyclops King: 4 -> 2 frozen movecost; changed summon costs: Nightmare cost from 14g to 13g, Atokpi cost from 12g to 11g
     * Greater Cyclops Skeleton: 4 -> 2 frozen movecost
     * Moloch: 4 -> 2 frozen movecost
   * Kharos:
     * Fanatic: XP from 100 to 60
     * Fire Priestess: cost from 35g to 37g; 30% to 40% sand defense
     * Fire Swordsman: XP from 100 to 60
     * Fire Templar: cost from 55g to 57g; 30% to 40% sand defense
     * Kharosian Legionnaire: changed the melee pierce damage from 10-3 to 12-3; changed the melee impact damage from 17-1 to 20-1
     * Recruitment Officer: XP from 126 to 100; now has 'leadership 2', which acts like leadership of a lvl2 unit
     * Solar Guardian: XP from 200 to 185
     * Solar Master: 50% to 60% reef defense, 70% to 50% frozen defense
   * Runemasters:
     * Constructor: 2 -> 1 frozen movecost, 1 -> 2 sand movecost; 30% -> 40% frozen defense
     * Drone: 4 -> 1 frozen movecost; 20% -> 30% frozen defense
     * Dwarvish Cadet: 50% fungus resistance, 30% -> 40% frozen defense; 2 -> 1 frozen movecost, 1 -> 2 sand movecost
     * Dwarvish Cannoneer: forest defense from 40% to 50%; 1 -> 2 sand movecost
     * Dwarvish Commando: 50% fungus resistance, 50% frozen resistance; 2 -> 1 frozen movecost, 1 -> 2 sand movecost
     * Dwarvish Gunner: 50% frozen resistance; 2 -> 1 frozen movecost, 1 -> 2 sand movecost
     * Dwarvish Rune Lord: 30% -> 40% frozen defense; 2 -> 1 frozen movecost, 1 -> 2 sand movecost; changed the melee blade attack damage from 16-3 to 17-3; added a new melee secret attack "charged slash"; replaced the 'precision (offensive)' and 'skilled' specials with 'precision (cumulative)' for the gun attack
     * Dwarvish Runic Warrior: 30% -> 40% frozen defense; 2 -> 1 frozen movecost, 1 -> 2 sand movecost
     * Dwarvish Tank: 20% -> 30% frozen defense; 4 -> 2 frozen movecost
     * Dwarvish Veteran: 30% -> 40% frozen defense; 2 -> 1 frozen movecost, 1 -> 2 sand movecost
     * Dwarvish Warrior: 30% -> 40% frozen defense; 2 -> 1 frozen movecost, 1 -> 2 sand movecost
     * Flying Fortress: changed the melee pierce attack damage from 15-1 to 10-2
     * Heavy Balloon: changed the melee pierce attack damage from 9-1 to 7-2
     * Mechanic: 30% -> 40% frozen defense; 2 -> 1 frozen movecost, 1 -> 2 sand movecost
     * Mobile Defensive Platform: deep water movecost from 4 to 3; swamp water defense from 20% to 30%
     * Pacificator: 4 -> 2 frozen movecost; 20% -> 30% frozen defense
     * Parachutist: 30% -> 40% frozen defense; 2 -> 1 frozen movecost, 1 -> 2 sand movecost
     * Red Steam Ulfserker: XP from 100 to 60; 4 -> 1 frozen movecost;
     * Rune Adept: 30% -> 40% frozen defense; 2 -> 1 frozen movecost, 1 -> 2 sand movecost
     * Rune Artist: 30% -> 40% frozen defense; 2 -> 1 frozen movecost, 1 -> 2 sand movecost; changed the ice rune attack damage from 16-2 to 17-2
     * Runemaster: 30% -> 40% frozen defense; 2 -> 1 frozen movecost, 1 -> 2 sand movecost; changed the ice rune attack damage from 19-2 to 21-2
     * Runesmith: 30% -> 40% frozen defense; 2 -> 1 frozen movecost, 1 -> 2 sand movecost
     * Steam Berserker: 4 -> 2 frozen movecost
     * Steam Turboserker: 4 -> 2 frozen movecost; changed the melee impact attack damage from 14-2 to 15-2; changed the ranged fire attack damage from 9-2 to 10-2
     * Steam Ulfserker: 4 -> 2 frozen movecost
     * Striding Machine: 4 -> 2 frozen movecost; 20% -> 30% frozen defense
     * Technician: 30% -> 40% frozen defense; 2 -> 1 frozen movecost, 1 -> 2 sand movecost
     * Technocrat: 30% -> 40% frozen defense; 2 -> 1 frozen movecost, 1 -> 2 sand movecost
     * Technologist: 30% -> 40% frozen defense; 2 -> 1 frozen movecost, 1 -> 2 sand movecost
     * Trench Sweeper: forest defense from 40% to 50%
   * Sky Kingdom:
     * Architect: 3 -> 2 mountains movecost
     * Battle Mage: 3 -> 2 mountains movecost
     * Black Mage: 3 -> 2 mountains movecost
     * Elementalist: 20% -> 30% swamp water defense, 30% -> 40% reef defense
     * Golden Mage: 3 -> 2 mountains movecost
     * Guru of Magic: fungus defense from 40% to 50%; castle/village/mountain defenses from 50% to 60%
     * Hidden Face: 3 -> 2 mountains movecost
     * Hydromancer: frozen movecost from 2 to 1, swamp water movecost from 2 to 1, 2 -> 1 reef movecost; fire resistance from 8% to 10%, cold resistance from 8% to 10%; frozen defense from 30% to 40%
     * Master of Air: changed summon costs: Air Elemental cost from 16g to 18g, Air Avatar from 42g to 43g
     * Master of Earth: shallow water defense from 40% to 20%, forest defense from 50% to 60%; forest movecost from 2 to 1; pierce melee attack damage from 13-2 to 14-2; changed summon costs: Earth Elemental cost from 16g to 17g, Earth Avatar cost from 35g to 40g; renamed the pierce melee attack to 'crystal claws'
     * Master of Elements: 20% -> 40% frozen defense, 30% -> 40% sand defense; 2 -> 1 hills movecost, 2 -> 1 forest movecost
     * Master of Fire: can now move on shallow water/swamp/unwalkable (3mpcost), 20% unwalkable defense
     * Master of Water: frozen movecost from 2 to 1, swamp water movecost from 2 to 1, 1 reef movecost; fire resistance from 8% to 10%, cold resistance from 8% to 10%; shallow water defense from 40% to 50%, swamp water defense from 40% to 50%; frozen defense from 30% to 40%; changed summon costs: Water Avatar cost from 44g to 37g
     * Mirrorshield: 3 -> 2 mountains movecost; changed fire/cold/arcane resistances from 40% to 50%; added the 'magic dodge' weapon special to all melee attacks
     * Mystic Warrior: 3 -> 2 mountains movecost
     * Sculptor: 3 -> 2 mountains movecost
     * Shadow Mage: XP from 150 to 126, 2 -> 1 hills movecost, 2 -> 1 forest movecost, 2 -> 1 fungus movecost; 40% -> 50% swamp water defense, 50% -> 60% cave defense
     * Sky Guardian: 3 -> 2 mountains movecost
     * Subversive Mage: 3 -> 2 mountains movecost
     * Terramancer: shallow water defense from 40% to 20%, forest defense from 50% to 60%; 2 -> 1 mountains movecost, 2 -> 1 forest movecost; renamed the pierce melee attack to 'crystal claws'
     * War Mage: 3 -> 2 mountains movecost
   * Summoners:
     * Air Avatar: 2 -> 1 fungus movecost
     * Air Elemental: 2 -> 1 fungus movecost
     * Air God: 2 -> 1 fungus movecost
     * Earth Avatar: XP from 90 to 82
     * Fire Elemental: 3 shallow water movecost; swamp water defense from 40% to 20%
     * Water Avatar: 5 -> 3 forest movecost, 5 -> 3 hills movecost, 3 -> 2 fungus movecost, 2 -> 1 reef movecost; 20% -> 30% fungus defense
     * Water Elemental: 5 -> 3 forest movecost, 5 -> 3 hills movecost, 3 -> 2 fungus movecost, 2 -> 1 reef movecost; 20% -> 30% fungus defense
     * Water God: 5 -> 3 forest movecost, 5 -> 3 hills movecost, 3 -> 2 fungus movecost, 2 -> 1 reef movecost; 20% -> 30% fungus defense
   * Tharis
     * Black Orb: now uses the smallfly movement type (meaning cave movcost 3 -> 1, fungus movecost 3 -> 2, cave defense 20% -> 60%, fungus defense 30% -> 60%)
     * Blade Dancer: 3 -> 2 mountains movecost, 2 -> 1 cave movecost, 2 -> 1 hills movecost, 2 -> 1 fungus movecost
     * Chainlady: removed the Max HP bonus AMLA; replaced the 'pain absorb strict 1' ability with 'bloodlust 5'; removed the 'pain absorb 1' weapon special from the melee attack; added the 'bloodlust 3' ability; replaced the 'pain aborbption' AMLA with 'bloodlust' AMLA; improved other AMLAs; the unit can now get the veteran trait
     * Dark Commander: hitpoints from 45 to 46
     * Dark General: hitpoints from 58 to 60
     * Dark Observer: now uses the smallfly movement type (meaning cave movcost 3 -> 1, fungus movecost 3 -> 2, cave defense 20% -> 60%, fungus defense 30% -> 60%)
     * Dark Warlord: can recruit Dark Warriors and Dark Hunters in villages; changed fire resticance from 20% to 30%; changed blade/pierce/impact resistances to 20%/20%/30%
     * Dark Wizard: XP from 88 to 92
     * Great Warlock: 40% frozen defense, 30% -> 40% sand defense, 30% -> 40% reef defense; swamp water defense from 40% to 30%; shallow water movecost from 2 to 1; swamp water movecost from 2 to 1; 2 to 1 reef movecost
     * Master of Darkness: cave defense 40% -> 60% uses the fly movetype instead of spirit (terrain stats except the ones mentioned before are adjusted to remain unchanged from 4.5)
     * Matriarch of Frost: hitpoints from 57 to 55; frozen defense from 40% to 50%; now has 'frozen regeneration +4'
     * Pain Sphere: XP from 100 to 55; now uses the smallfly movement type (meaning cave movcost 3 -> 1, fungus movecost 3 -> 2, cave defense 20% -> 60%, fungus defense 30% -> 60%)
     * Storm Sphere: XP from 100 to 55; now uses the smallfly movement type (meaning cave movcost 3 -> 1, fungus movecost 3 -> 2, cave defense 20% -> 60%, fungus defense 30% -> 60%)
     * Sword Dancer: XP from 100 to 65; 3 -> 2 mountains movecost, 2 -> 1 cave movecost, 2 -> 1 hills movecost, 2 -> 1 fungus movecost
 ### Abilities
   * added a new ability: 'fixed leadership'
   * added a new ability: 'forage'
   * added a new ability: 'pain chaining II'
   * added a new ability: 'custom upkeep' (replaces the old 'low upkeep' ability that the pirafly line had, shows as 'X upkeep' in-game)
   * 'upkeepless' ability has been rewritten, and now has a macro instead of being pirafly-exclusive
   * the summon and recruit abilities' help now mentions that they do not work in normal multiplayer modes on leader
   * statue copy changes: if the copied unit was a leader, the copy becomes a normal unit; cannot copy other units of the 'statue copy' ability, or copy copies
   * 'statue copy' arcane resistance penalty is now shown correctly as -30% 
   * 'statue copy' copied units now are greyscale with slight purple tint instead of bright blue tint
   * water regeneration: now works with swamp tiles too
   * frozen regeneration: now supports tiles with overlays and snowy castles
   * solar regeneration: now works with lawful/neutral ToD, and is now affected by illuminates/dark aura
   * nocturnal regeneration: now works with custom ToD, and is now affected by dark aura/illuminates
   * cold aura: swamp and terrain with overlays can be frozen now too
   * cold aura improvement: adjacent allies move faster on frozen (2 move cost becomes 1, 3 becomes 2, etc.) for 1 turn. Does not stack.
   * all ambush abilities now support overlays
   * fixed zombie limit in campaigns - if a zombie spawned by cyclops necromancer survives a scenario in campaigns it will no longer count towards the limit if recalled
   * collector, bleed and triple strike no longer restore unit statuses (slow/poison)
   * made some abilities still usable when above max moves
   * awaken now ignores units killed by attacks with plague/supercharge specials, swallowed units or attacked indirectly e.g. by area weapons
   * the collector ability now also works on defense
   * the collector ability now does not add max hp if the enemy gets revived
   * if supercharging onto a village, a unit captures that village and fires a capture event for good measure
   * the 'bulwark' ability rebalance: nerfed the limit from 85% to 60%; buffed the bonus from 20% to 25%
   * the cave ambush no longer allow units to hide in cave road terrain
   * restored an improved version of the 'area effect' wepaon special used for units where it does not make sense to damage enemies on miss (used by Guru of Magic and Master of Earth)
   * solar regeneration change: poison will not be cured in cases when there is 0 regeneration value at given ToD (like Mystical Archer's +0/+3 regen)
   * the rune aura can now affect physical resistances too (30% bonus / penalty - up to 60%)
   * chosen of marsh's poison aura now checks unpoisonable instead of race
   * growing fury attack limit has been raised from 3 to 5
 ### Graphics
   * added 24fps animations for Roc Rider, Roc Tamer and Roc Master
   * various animation tweaks
   * added a better pierce melee attack icon for Terramancer and Master of Earth (icon was made by ForestDragon)
   * added a better cold melee attack icon for Matriarch of Frost (icon was made by ForestDragon)
 ### Descriptions
   * added new unit descriptions for Jungle Guardian, Jungle Assassin, Wyvern Knight
   * improved the Red Salamander description
   * improved the 'chrono aura (active)' description
   * improved the 'warcry' description
   * improved the 'frozen aura' description
 ### Code
   * the era uses [load_resource] now
   * implemented a new hydra movetype
   * fixed coldaura's coldmemory variables not getting cleared on victory, which previously caused water to appear on the same coordinates in the next level
   * if a tile in the coldmemory array gets replaced by some other factors (like scenario code) to a non-ice terrain, then do not reset the terrain to an older state, instead letting coldmemory of that hex get wiped by [store_locations] + mode=replace
   * Inspire uses a unique ability id to prevent conflicts with leadership
   * fixed Carpet Master's AMLA not having slow/poison removal
   * simplified and improved the summon filter
   * fixed a summon bug where leaders were still able to summon in normal multiplayer modes
   * refactored the 'statue copy' ability
   * use a simple lawful/neutral/chaotic ToD animation filter instead of hardcoded ids for Master of Darkness
   * improved animation filters for Matriarch of Frost
   * adjusted animation terrain filters to include overlays
   * added macros for unwalkable and impassable terrain
   * fixed many incorrect attack and defense sounds
   * fixed incorrect zombie salamander movetype
   * fixed the 'supercharge prevents kill and run and bloodlust from triggering' bug
   * fixed a bug where both chronoaura and runeaura abilities menus were not shown post advance
   * fixed missing inherit=yes for the flying drone variant
   * fixed the flying drone variation having old resistances
   * fix some lvl3 units with a lvl4 branch not being on the veteran list
   * fixed the 'nature detox' filter not working properly
   * fixed the 'nature detox' ability showing as inactive all the time
   * refactored the 'immobilize' weapon special code
   * fixed the "immobilize does not work if side 2 immobilizes side 1 unit" (or any other side with higher number immobilizing a unit from lower side) bug
   * replaced [damage] with [dummy] for abilities/specials that do not directly modify damage
   * refactored 'growing fury' code
   * refactored 'double attack' code
   * fixed the 'cleave' ability not working properly
   * refactored the 'voice of darkness' ability
   * reworked javelin sounds to be more similar to mainline spearman ones
   * the 'anti-mech' ability now has "or trait=mechanical" to work on some modded mechanical units to make it more versatile
   * added the undrainable filter to some abilities
   * fixed pain absorb triggering on aoe regardless of aoe attack location
   * now fearless check in awe is simpler
   * repair/heal undead also heal units who have mechanical/undead traits but not the race
   * prepared Banisher for the addition of Master Banisher in the future
   * any type of heat aura affects cold aura now (previously it was hardcoded)
   * refactored the 'crimson aura' ability
  ### Translations
   * updated EoMa_translation_template.pot and all .po files
   * updated the Polish translation
Creator of Era of Magic

IPS

Post by IPS »

Btw been thinking a while, and there is a fact that only exists in SUMMONERS in all EOMA.

In TLU campaign we know some mythical and very powerful units (Elemental Bird, The Living Gate, the Lv4/5 Rhamis which I forgot her name, Mehir could be an unit himself and ALSO Nomolas himself could be a unit too...) , but all other factions lacks of this element of this potential Lv+4 units that ofc will not be available in multiplayer or single player in normal sitautions (unless we add an extension of Master's counting what I do mention as MYTHICAL units). These units are this powerful and shouldn't be common, and not obtainable using standard EOMA o Heroic EOMA or not even by using Master's version of the era.

Runemasters what they have the most closes of a Mythical unit is their PERFECT DRONE unit, which is still obtainable in multiplayer, but it takes so much time and effort to be obtained...

But the rest of all other factions lacks of this type of OP units that are supposed to allow them in EOMA lore to be as powerful as the rest of other factions having these "mythical" units :shock:

Certain time later I could suggest some very special units for: Tharis, Destroyers and Sky Kingdom, as these suits the most with my mindset :hmm: :mrgreen:

Even if this addition could allow to a very specific game mode that allows players to use +lv4 and even lv5 in PVP or something like that or paritcularly useful for very endgame survivals games which units above lv4 are required as enemies to deal with. And my idea of Mythical units are not only lv4+ units, I got even some interesting ideas for some VERY special lv3 units that in my mind they do Exist (For example, the Cosmic Gate, which is a type of lv3 cosmic eye, BUT I'M NOT MENTIONING it is an unit that will be added to sky kingdom!) because if Cosmic Eye could level up into something in late game, we would be doing a misstake of doing a Lv3 that is stronger than many lv4 if keeping in mind my idea for this "Mythical unit" in mind.

But , some epicness could be fun to view at the release of specific situations, overpowered and beloved, Mythical units :D
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

IPS wrote: January 31st, 2024, 1:40 am But the rest of all other factions lacks of this type of OP units that are supposed to allow them in EOMA lore to be as powerful as the rest of other factions having these "mythical" units :shock:
Well, such units would likely mostly be campaign units, but right now TLU is the only official eoma campaign.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 4.6.1 - now on Ko-fi!

Post by inferno8 »

Era of Magic 4.6.1 is out!

This tiny update locks all hit and run amlas in balanced rpg mode and improves some pieces of code. That's all.
Expect more flashy updates in the near future. ;)

Full changelog:

Code: Select all

## Version 4.6.1
 ### Code
   * hit and run amla is no longer available in balanced rpg mode
 ### Code
   * improved preload.lua code to prevent some lua errors
   * fixed multiple defense tags in one unit (Master of Fire)
   * removed some comments
Creator of Era of Magic

IPS

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 4.6.1 - now on Ko-fi!

Post by IPS »

Been a real while, I got some things to comment after some few testing and observations.

Some low tier lv2 units in certain factions will need at least a minor XP buff, so they can be more fun to use, particularly chain ladies needs buff because they're being kinda cost ineficient since the rework of triple-strike and also will give an honest review on that unit.

- BladeFury HP to 29 (+1), XP to 39 (-3) , now has pain-absorb(+1)
Triple-strike being capped to 40% instead of chances higher harmed severely the cost efficiency of this unit, this is why the unit got buff.
- ChainLady HP to 44 (+2) , XP to 65 (-10) , price to 29g (-2g)
Very low HP and all-around will rarely be well usedparticularly with the 40% hit chance.

The units do also need a very weak lv3 , so tharis can get at least one lv3 that is not expensive in XP's . Also why not two different versions of chain lady for lv3? I will suggest this two options.

Chain Slaughteress
This option offers MASSIVE damage considering its very low XP demand for lv2, but this option has very low HP's deadly but most fragible of both otpions. Basically it has lv3 damages with AOD feature and taking her away will deal a lot of dmg's while not being an hard task.

HP: 58
16-3 blade melee +all-around +dread +attack-only +first-strike
16-3 blade melee +triple-strike +first-strike +parry(+5) as stat
9-2 pierce ranged +hit-and-run(2)
Movement: 6
Price: 51g

Resistance: Same as of lv2
Specials: Dauntless, BloodLust(+6) , Nocturnal-Regen(0/+2)

Comments:
Truth HIGH melee DPS unit in tharis, while having massive 48 dmg's with first strike (Which is important aspect of the unit) it also can make a decent use of the AOD bonus as it has more chances to trifgger. Addionally can kite enemies with her ranged attack. Taking it away using lv2-lv3 units might not be hard, but the unit will deal a decent mount of damage before dying specially if using melee attacks ... which is the purpose of the unit. The idea that the unit is 3 strikes is to allow it for a small chance of massive AOD damage in very few strikes, while that wouldn't be fair if 2 strikes attack.

I would add more bloodlust, but this unit can easily kill multiple in a single turn which is still hard but POSSIBLE lol.

Chain Dealer

HP: 58
11-4 blade melee +triple-strike +dread +first-strike
6-4 pierce ranged +triple-strike
Movement: 6
Price: 51g

Resistances: 0% on blade/pierce
Specials: Dauntless, BloodLust(+6) , Pain-Absortion-Aura(1)

Comments:
This option is bit tankier than the other, but doesn't feature hit-run on ranged and instead, her 6-4 on ranged allows that attack in combination of triple-strike and pain-absorb-aura be decently useful attack for both dealing a bit of damage and to also heal her. Both units got some utility in their weak ranged attack, but none over-shadows the other. Slaughteress gives a much better use of first-strike in melee and offers an option of massive AOD high DPS while this other if more focused in self healing (just a bit)

Other suggestions:
- Pain Mistress XP to 82 (-6)
They need early a decent lv3 fighter.
- Dark Wizard XP to 88 (-4)
Black Mage is so much better unit.
- Frontliner XP to 76 (-4)
- Dark Slayer XP to 80 (-5)
In lv2 their HP is really awful.
- Dark Hunter XP to 42 (-3)
- Dark Assasin XP to 78 (-6)
- Great Hunter XP to 83 (-5)
- Great Hydra XP to 87 (-3)
- Great Witch XP to 90 (-3)

- Jungle Crossbowman HP to 39 (+1)
- Jungle Assasin HP to 54 (+2)
- Jungle Guardian HP to 49 (+1) , XP to 74 (-3)
very low HP/tankyness
- Clan Leader XP to 87 (-3)
- Mystic HP to 49 (+1)
- All lv3 salamanders HP increase by +2
They move 5 instead of 6, they need more HP.

- Goblin Snier XP to 72 (-3)
- Troll Warlock will now regen+9
100 XP for a lv3 is massive, I preffer increase regen value by 1 instead of decreasing XP's.

- Atokpi Infantry XP to 84 (-3)
- Bone Golem XP to 82 (-3)

- Prophet of Light HP to 53 (+2)
- Inspired AMLA XP value to 80 (-20)

- Mystic Warrior XP to 94 (-6)
- Black Mage XP to 93 (-2)
- Sorcerer XP to 95 (-5)
- War Mage XP to 100 (-5)

- Elite Camel Rider XP to 83 (-5)
- Dispeller XP to 92 (-3)
- Summoner XP to 82 (-3)
- Earth Elemental HP to 42 (+2)
- Air Avatar XP to 101 (-3)
- Fire Avatar XP to 93 (-2)

Basically these units needs help because they offer very low HP for the XP they requiring, it's why I picked these units in specific, as well helping them to not be significantly weaker in a next Ageless release.