How to install maps?

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Bondi

How to install maps?

Post by Bondi »

Hello,

I just downloaded some user-made multiplayer maps. Exactly how should I edit the multiplayer.cfg to have them appear in the map list under Multiplayer/Host mp. game/Create game in Wesnoth? What do I have to modify? Should I just make a new section between [multiplayer][/multiplayer] tags using the "generic multiplayer" scheme at the top of the file? It seems a bit more complicated.

(I'm using Win, and I've put the maps into the \data\maps subdir.)
Dacyn

Re: How to install maps?

Post by Dacyn »

Just put them in data/scenarios/.
Bondi

Re: How to install maps?

Post by Bondi »

And then? I mean, how can I load a map? No matter, where I move it (\scenarios or \map), it doesn't appear in the list when I want to start a MP game.

Btw, I just tried "battlefive", which has a cfg file, but I cannot load that either. Sorry, I think I'm missing something... :oops:
Stosswelle

Post by Stosswelle »

yeah i have the same problems
i drop a multiplayer map into the folder "multiplayer maps" or whatever similar thing it was called and it doesnt show up
makes a lot of sense i know...
guess we just have to wait until they add it to the next version
Hard/Melodic Trance, other Electronica:
http://www.musicv2.com/artist/stosswelle
Play Blood Series Maps!
--- ~WAY~ We Are Yousnoth---
<Li`sar> he likes it when i stand up with the remote held high "I am the princess"
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

If it's just a map file, without a .cfg file, you can put it inside C:\Program Files\Wesnoth\userdata\editor\maps\ on Windows [1] and it should show up. Equivalently, ~/.wesnoth/editor/maps/ on Unix-like systems.

Don't know on OSX.

If it's got a .cfg file, you can put that in C:\Program Files\Wesnoth\userdata\data\scenarios\ on Windows, or ~/.wesnoth/data/scenarios/ on Unix-like systems.

David

[1] Assuming you installed Wesnoth in the default location
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Bondi

Post by Bondi »

Thank you very much. :)