Galactic Empires (Wesnoth in Space)

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Computer_Player
Multiplayer Moderator

Re: Galactic Empires (Wesnoth in Space)

Post by Computer_Player »

Sire wrote: April 3rd, 2024, 12:18 am
Computer_Player wrote: April 2nd, 2024, 10:29 pm That's definitely not supposed to happen, and is not my experience with it. D: Glad you were able to have fun regardless tho. Has the issue resolved itself since then? Tried the survival yet?
Doesn't look like it. I'm playing on Wesnoth 1.16.2 and the mod version is Galactic Empires 5.7.0.
-- Tried a short game controlling both sides (Dwartha and Terran), and both of them don't seem to get access. I'm stuck with the basic "scout" ships and the transports, nothing higher is unlocked if playing on Primitive and one researches higher tech levels. // That said, I just briefly went in for this instead of fully testing, so maybe something happens for the Terran if I upgrade stuff.
=== To my knowledge, there's HQ Upgrade, Planet Upgrade, and Ship Upgrade (Parts).
=== I was originally playing as the Dwartha and had all three branches maxed out, but got no access to the higher level ships. Again, not sure if intentional (starting tech levels also determines recruits throughout the match), or not (raising tech level also allows for more ship types).

As for Survival, I briefly looked at it, but haven't played a proper game of it yet. I'll try that one later.
The bottom option is for expanded ship options. I think the problem is you have been using the the built-in convenience upgrades which you can use to increase tech in those 3, but which it seems there isn't any for expanded ship options due to the way wesnoth recruitment works.

If you right click researchers and choose research options, you see the full tech tree in one menu and upgrade from there.

Perhaps a suggestion would be to include expanded ship options as a convenience upgrade alongside the planet upgrade when you right click a planet? At anyrate, using the researcher right click menu should solve your problem :)
Attachments
GE 3.png
Sire

Post by Sire »

Computer_Player wrote: April 3rd, 2024, 11:25 am The bottom option is for expanded ship options. I think the problem is you have been using the the built-in convenience upgrades which you can use to increase tech in those 3, but which it seems there isn't any for expanded ship options due to the way wesnoth recruitment works.

If you right click researchers and choose research options, you see the full tech tree in one menu and upgrade from there.

Perhaps a suggestion would be to include expanded ship options as a convenience upgrade alongside the planet upgrade when you right click a planet? At anyrate, using the researcher right click menu should solve your problem :)
Yup, that's it. Like I said, it's been a while, so I've just been doing the right click on the respective things (HQ, Planet, Ships), instead of the Researchers themselves.
-- Having the expanded ships also included in planet upgrades would be helpful.
Current Projects: [Sire's Scenarios] || [Red Winter Reborn]
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Agree that it access to the upgrades is "uneven". I've grumbled to myself about having to find a researcher (and what happens if they're all dead I wonder) in order to access that one.