Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Temuchin Khan

Re: Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.32

Post by Temuchin Khan »

IPS wrote: March 1st, 2024, 3:24 pm3.- I plan a day to re-open as playable faction EOC - Summoners (or elementals) , as one time I was working in rebalancing them ... and then SOMEONE :roll: magically locked that faction even if in that momments it was having better balance than EOM - Elementals in 2018 times. I personally see no truth reason to lock this faction this way lol , even some units as Ethreal Orbs and summoner line (summoners been rebalanced by the way, the rest not) were interesting propossal as units.
I suppose this must have been done because people wanted to avoid the redundancy of two such similar factions, and EOM - Elementals is closer to the original version than EOC - Summoners.

On the other hand, there are some differences between them. For example, only the EOC version has summoners and only the EOM version has unicorns. So, maybe a case could be made for including EOC - Summoners again from that perspective. Or maybe the two factions could be combined somehow?
IPS

Post by IPS »

Temuchin Khan wrote: March 5th, 2024, 12:50 pm
IPS wrote: March 1st, 2024, 3:24 pm3.- I plan a day to re-open as playable faction EOC - Summoners (or elementals) , as one time I was working in rebalancing them ... and then SOMEONE :roll: magically locked that faction even if in that momments it was having better balance than EOM - Elementals in 2018 times. I personally see no truth reason to lock this faction this way lol , even some units as Ethreal Orbs and summoner line (summoners been rebalanced by the way, the rest not) were interesting propossal as units.
I suppose this must have been done because people wanted to avoid the redundancy of two such similar factions, and EOM - Elementals is closer to the original version than EOC - Summoners.

On the other hand, there are some differences between them. For example, only the EOC version has summoners and only the EOM version has unicorns. So, maybe a case could be made for including EOC - Summoners again from that perspective. Or maybe the two factions could be combined somehow?
In the momment EOC - Summoners got removed, it was far more polished/better balanced than EOM version itself, but EOM maintainer of that time said he didn't want factions with repeated sprites -_- ... so he locked EOC - Summoners.

To be honest, I would open EOC Summoners as them using Ethereal orb/serpent/dragons instead of unicorns for healing and the summoners stuff do look interesting. I still rebalanced (buffed) human summoners, but I don't find where exactly are the EOC - Summoners (I mean ALL elemental) units.

In AE there are repeated stuff like multiple versions of Sylvan elfs, factions that share common units with loyalists and stuff, but they've got enough differences... sigh, I hope a day EOC - Summoners become a playable faction some time soon.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

In AE there are repeated stuff like multiple versions of Sylvan elfs, factions that share common units with loyalists and stuff, but they've got enough differences... sigh, I hope a day EOC - Summoners become a playable faction some time soon.
The EoC Summoners were more or less planned as the "Elementals" for EoC back in 2013. The intention was let the faction be led by human mages (the summoners). TBH, I wanted to add the files for summoner line in my own add-on as elemental mages would make excellent opponents/campaign units.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
IPS

Post by IPS »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: March 6th, 2024, 8:01 am
The EoC Summoners were more or less planned as the "Elementals" for EoC back in 2013. The intention was let the faction be led by human mages (the summoners). TBH, I wanted to add the files for summoner line in my own add-on as elemental mages would make excellent opponents/campaign units.
in 4.33 changelog I propossed some buffs to the EOC - Summoners (human) units, as they were kinda weak in comparation of the modern Ageless Criteria. They still got some terrain bonuses depending their element and all options kept their arcane attack in certain degree. Even if units are not recruitable or playable in any actual faction, their files in EOC Units still appear, so you can look at the .cfg files of the summoners and considering viewing the changelog regards them to get some ideas for your own version.

But I really liked really much how were designed EOC - Summoners's ethreal orbs/serpent/snakes at being very low in dmg's but being somewhat tanky to all except arcane and still being healer and being a floating unit.... while I said I was abbout to buff them, when I previously tested them before their faction got removed from Ageless, I realized how insane are few good lv2 ethereal snakes in good shape because of their tankyness combined of the +8 healing.
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
IPS

Post by IPS »

While not completely expected, I just reviewed some few more stuff and done some extra changes which are mentioned in the following link https://github.com/ProditorMagnus/Agele ... f6998f50cc

As well, I realized that even all that lot of changes, while helping significantly in gameplay I realized they will NOT be enough. Also balancing decens of different of factions at once is far more difficult than only maintaining several factions in a same era, so doing more correct changes will often require multiple updates.

As well, in a previous post I forgot that I want to also standarize Lv1 / Lv2 AMLA XP values in the same "tier list" depending each unit, but in overall units that are max lv2 and are swift foot will often have only -20% res on blade and -10% on impact instead of the classic -30%/-20% ... allowing cap lv2 swift foot be more viable in scenarios like orocia or game modes as of XP mod because sincerely, not all factions have such options that are strong in mid game and still viable in very late game...

Other important topic is important to mention, is that in case of recently added FL, certain factions did have a terrible factional structure (like Amazons being blade/pierce spam but nothing else...) ... even if the changes to it look so random, tests shown that in the gameplay aspect they work pretty well. While this FL - Amazons are not among my favorite factions from that era, still, I tried to give it an opportunity instead of just removing out of FL pack.

Sadly I didn't keep the replay of RE - Forestfolk in 3p survival, but they're working VERY well, particularly this mid game out of lv2 druids is insane if correctly used! still I got dissapointed about lv2 line which will be relooked another time later (even on something silly like 5 to 6 movement) but I don't becausementioning Vyrcyn for a single faction in his era I find that too much bother... as in Rashy Era I cannot do stuff by myself.
Attachments
Arena Survival replay 20240305-033227.gz
Flawless (0 losses) intense survival victory in Arena Survival. Allowed to also spot some balance issues with EOC invokers which been fixed at time before this release.
(288.34 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

Post by Ravana »

Ageless Era 4.33 is out on the 1.16 and 1.17 and 1.18 add-on server

Code: Select all

Version 4.33:
* Units and Factions
    * Era of Magic update
    * Rashy Era update
    * Removed EoC - Quenoth Elves
* Balance
    * Many balance changes. Detailed notes can be found from https://github.com/ProditorMagnus/Ageless-for-1-14/blob/master/changelog/4.33/changelog-4.33.txt
* Bug Fixes
    * Ghost images for 1.17 and 1.18
* Other
    * First release for 1.18
shaylabot

Post by shaylabot »

I'm having a lot of trouble trying to get this to work on afterlife. None of the factions will show up at all. I installed it through the add-ons tab on the main screen and it says installed. Am i doing something wrong?
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Please add screenshot.
IPS

Post by IPS »

shaylabot wrote: March 25th, 2024, 7:57 am I'm having a lot of trouble trying to get this to work on afterlife. None of the factions will show up at all. I installed it through the add-ons tab on the main screen and it says installed. Am i doing something wrong?
FIrst uninstall and reinstall the add-on, and see if that did help.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Been viewing some units around Ageless and I think there is some interventions that are trully needed. Will mention some of them. Mostly regards to balance changes and on this release I will try to release planned new units in previously mentioned factions. I'm planning if no surprises happen, to make all ready for 2nd or 3rd week of May, unless it has to be hurried up or delayed a bit.

Random Stuff I will write to NOT forgive lol
Spoiler:
Temuchin Khan

Re: Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.31

Post by Temuchin Khan »

IPS wrote: January 20th, 2024, 11:18 pm IMPERIAL - MARAUDERS
- Factional arcane ressistance increase to 10% (+10%)
Most players struggles playing as Marauders, human arcane res comes handy to them.

- Galdra HP to 54 (+2) , AMLA XP adjusted to 134 (+34)
- Lord AMLA XP adjusted to 134 (+34)
- Scorcher AMLA XP adjusted to 134 (+34)
- Sea Wolf HP to 65 (+2) , AMLA XP adjusted to 134 (+34)
- Wwoodsman AMLA XP adjusted to 126 (+26)

- Valkyrie HP to 64 (+2) , AMLA XP adjusted to 134 (+34) , now heals from poison to allies.

IMPERIAL - AREDIANS
- Feather Arrow XP to 72 (-4)
- Hunter to 74 (-6) , cold ressistance to 10% (+10%)
I'ma remove the cold ressistance for other feature a next update, BUT... changing terrain properties consumes a lot more time.

- Warlock fire ressistance to 20% (+20%)
- Warrior melee damage increase to 16-2 (+1)

IMPERIAL - CAVERNEI
Cavernei have significantly worse ressistance than knalga counterparts, depending in runeplaying and Monitors. This buff might help them a lot.
- Monitor NEW ATTACK: Runic Spell 8-3 Secret +Magical , price to 52g (+2g)

IMPERIAL - ISSAELF
- Ice Roamer now has +Kill-and-Run +1
- Ice Dancer now has +Kill-and-Run +1
- Yakmount Margrave charge damage increase to 20-1 (+1)

- Fleet Seal HP to 37 (+2) , XP to 55 (-25)
It now might be a viable unit too.

IMPERIAL - SIDHE
- Wild Blade HP to 43 (+1) , XP to 83 (-7)
- Whirld Blde is now flat defense 50% , AMLA XP to 126 (+26)

- Thunderblade XP to 125 (-10)
- Windslasher XP to 72 (-4)
- Tempest XP to 95 (-5)

- Warsinger is now 50% flat defense
- Wardancer is now 50% flat defense
Compared to buffed elvish champion from rebels in 1.18 , this unit is still leaking a bit.
Both lv3 gains this flat bonus because of not having a ranged attack unlike their rebels counterparts.

- Blizzard Lord AMLA XP to 134 (-16)
Interesting. In fact, I have proposed some new units and some changes to existing ones over in the Imperial Era thread. Have a look and see if you think any of those ideas might also improve the IE factions.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Temuchin Khan wrote: April 2nd, 2024, 2:12 am
IPS wrote: January 20th, 2024, 11:18 pm IMPERIAL - MARAUDERS
- Factional arcane ressistance increase to 10% (+10%)
Most players struggles playing as Marauders, human arcane res comes handy to them.

- Galdra HP to 54 (+2) , AMLA XP adjusted to 134 (+34)
- Lord AMLA XP adjusted to 134 (+34)
- Scorcher AMLA XP adjusted to 134 (+34)
- Sea Wolf HP to 65 (+2) , AMLA XP adjusted to 134 (+34)
- Wwoodsman AMLA XP adjusted to 126 (+26)

- Valkyrie HP to 64 (+2) , AMLA XP adjusted to 134 (+34) , now heals from poison to allies.

IMPERIAL - AREDIANS
- Feather Arrow XP to 72 (-4)
- Hunter to 74 (-6) , cold ressistance to 10% (+10%)
I'ma remove the cold ressistance for other feature a next update, BUT... changing terrain properties consumes a lot more time.

- Warlock fire ressistance to 20% (+20%)
- Warrior melee damage increase to 16-2 (+1)

IMPERIAL - CAVERNEI
Cavernei have significantly worse ressistance than knalga counterparts, depending in runeplaying and Monitors. This buff might help them a lot.
- Monitor NEW ATTACK: Runic Spell 8-3 Secret +Magical , price to 52g (+2g)

IMPERIAL - ISSAELF
- Ice Roamer now has +Kill-and-Run +1
- Ice Dancer now has +Kill-and-Run +1
- Yakmount Margrave charge damage increase to 20-1 (+1)

- Fleet Seal HP to 37 (+2) , XP to 55 (-25)
It now might be a viable unit too.

IMPERIAL - SIDHE
- Wild Blade HP to 43 (+1) , XP to 83 (-7)
- Whirld Blde is now flat defense 50% , AMLA XP to 126 (+26)

- Thunderblade XP to 125 (-10)
- Windslasher XP to 72 (-4)
- Tempest XP to 95 (-5)

- Warsinger is now 50% flat defense
- Wardancer is now 50% flat defense
Compared to buffed elvish champion from rebels in 1.18 , this unit is still leaking a bit.
Both lv3 gains this flat bonus because of not having a ranged attack unlike their rebels counterparts.

- Blizzard Lord AMLA XP to 134 (-16)
Interesting. In fact, I have proposed some new units and some changes to existing ones over in the Imperial Era thread. Have a look and see if you think any of those ideas might also improve the IE factions.
Might be interesting to look for the new units regards imperial era units, btw you used to be part of Imperial Era team? facts it that Lavignian Legion (pre nerfs) was way too strong as well of Frost Elves (I'm terrible writing that name) , but meanwhile Aredians, Marauders and Sidhe were kinda bland in comparation to even default... While orcei gladiatores I'm sure in 2024's they ended being stronger than originally but I still remember there were some high stats around there.

Regards changes, I have to view and check, but it's motivating viewing some activity regards old eras development.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Currently I still consider IE as dead era and not relevant for automatic updates.
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

IPS wrote: April 4th, 2024, 2:38 pm Might be interesting to look for the new units regards imperial era units, btw you used to be part of Imperial Era team? facts it that Lavignian Legion (pre nerfs) was way too strong as well of Frost Elves (I'm terrible writing that name) , but meanwhile Aredians, Marauders and Sidhe were kinda bland in comparation to even default... While orcei gladiatores I'm sure in 2024's they ended being stronger than originally but I still remember there were some high stats around there.

Regards changes, I have to view and check, but it's motivating viewing some activity regards old eras development.
Yes, I was part of the original IE team. I mainly helped with the Frost Elves and especially the Orcei Gladiatores.

And I hear you about some of the factions maybe being a little overpowered. We were always better at having ideas than at balancing!
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

Ravana wrote: April 4th, 2024, 2:45 pm Currently I still consider IE as dead era and not relevant for automatic updates.
I can certainly understand that. The last major change was years ago, when the Falcon got moved from the Arendians to the Frost Elves. But even though nothing further has been implemented yet, I have posted several proposed new units over the years, especially for the Arendians.