Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
4%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 248

dabber

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by dabber »

firefox wrote:1. i can recruit loyal elves for 10x gold as it should be, but i can also recruit normal loyalist units like in the chapter before.
was it intended to be like this?
It is a bug I reported before. edit - The previous chapter end should set the recruit list to nothing.
Last edited by dabber on October 10th, 2014, 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

firefox wrote:i can recruit loyal elves for 10x gold as it should be, but i can also recruit normal loyalist units like in the chapter before.
was it intended to be like this?
It was intended. The loyal ones are recalled automatically and are loyal, so you pay nothing for their usage after the initial recruitment. Using them is an investment into future, it will save you great amounts of gold as there are scenarios with no income and/or no keep in chapter 3.
firefox wrote:i know that legacies are random and may more or less useful but stormrider go the legacy of light wich is
When you'll be playing again, you will get another one that might be useful. It's a lottery that you don't have to participate in. Once Stormrider gets a bad legacy, once Efraim gets a bad one, etc.
And by the way, Legacy of Light can add the unique reverse plague weapon special that allows you to convert slain undead to living units on your side, so it isn't totally useless.
firefox wrote:i managed to changed the advancement before he gets the legacy by going back 2 turns, but now i only have his normal advancements. he does not get extra advancements like the liches, but he is a "hero", shouldn't he at least get a useful legacy?
Learning the legacy costs an AMLA level, and it is for a reason. If you could just go a few turns back to forget it and take another advancement, it would be easily exploitable.
firefox wrote:i have to say if the hard difficulty is only for those who combine all items perfectly, then you designed the difficulty wrong. its still possible to win with only using weapons and a stratgical mind.
Well, but Docrock was having a hard time with that. Maybe you don't need perfect combinations of items, but you need to be good at it besides good strategy.
dabber wrote:It is a bug I reported before. He needs to set the recall list to nothing at the end of the previous chapter.
Wait, the recall list wasn't supposed to be cleared. I was wondering how could it happen that there were some leftovers on recruit list...
dabber

Post by dabber »

Dugi wrote:
dabber wrote:It is a bug I reported before. He needs to set the recall list to nothing at the end of the previous chapter.
Wait, the recall list wasn't supposed to be cleared. I was wondering how could it happen that there were some leftovers on recruit list...
I typed that wrong. Editted. I do think the recruit list should be cleared at the end of the previous chapter.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Do you mean recruit list or recall list? I sense that there is some confusion.
dffou

Post by dffou »

Used to play on version 3.0.11, now I restart from chapter 6 and come to finish it.
Only one question: Is "ring of the icy vein" still in the item list ? if yes, does it still have the same slow effect (and 15% fire resistance)?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

3.0.11 isn't a very old version, the only significant change I made was that I merged the chapters because there was little reason not to start by chapter 1 or 6.
I haven't removed any items from the item list since then. In fact, I have never ever removed any items from the item list. Some small changes to items' properties were done, but I haven't touched the Ring of Iced Veins for a couple of years.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Yet another bug with the kamikaze: when an allied unit is behind an enemy unit, it gets attacked as if it was an enemy.

Also, not sure if we reported this (i think i saw it, but just in case): when you merge the strikes of an attack that had only 1 strike, it has 0 strike.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Fixed the kamikaze bug. The merge bug was recently reported and I fixed it, though the fix wasn't uploaded yet.
nasod

Re: Legend of the Invincibles LotI2

Post by nasod »

"How did you get through the Strongold of Tears without killing the Seal Guardians?"
That's a VERY good question, indeed…
I like the campaign, but I'm stuck in the Stronghold of tears, facing a blackened place "magically sealed", and I didn't kill anyone.
Can anybody help, please ? Thanks in advance.
xuanquang

Post by xuanquang »

@nasod: You have to kill enough 4 seal guardians to unlock that path.
nasod

Post by nasod »

@ xuanquang :
Thank you. But this puzzles me more ! In other posts, it is said that to go through the Stronhold of Tears, you must NOT kill the seal guardians !!!
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

@nasod: Well, you've found a typo, that happens. Though that one is more important than the others.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Nasod, Raijer and xuanquang are right, you have to kill all four seal guardians before you can pass through there. There was a bug that it was possible to get through it without killing all of them, but I think that I already fixed that. If there was something that you shouldn't kill or you would ruin the possibility to progress, you would be warned about it and lose when it happens. And I doubt that something you aren't supposed to kill would even attack you in this campaign.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

@dugi
i have 6000 gold in "chasing the dragons" left after i recalled everything i had (about 100 troops) :( pls cut this amount of gold frigging down!
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I'd like to do it, but it's not so easy. All the gold you have comes from villages which give only 1 gold each. This cannot be further reduced (I don't like removing villages, because they're handy for healing) and there is also the problem that some players will need to recruit units in these scenarios.

I am thinking about doing something like halving (or otherwise reducing) the gold gained in each scenario with income but leaving all gold from previous scenarios.