Strange Legacy - 1.16 RPG World (Markets Upgrade)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

DuncanDill

Re: Strange Legacy - 1.16 RPG World (Markets Upgrade)

Post by DuncanDill »

Just found out you can buy shovel for 500 gold and sell it for 2000, lol.
All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts - William Shakespeare
mango45451

Post by mango45451 »

Heindal wrote: February 10th, 2024, 8:57 am Hi mango,

thanks again for these detailed bug reports. I will check and fix them asap.
I will add a statue named mango in the village.
woohoo! Thank you Heimdal! I will update and try it out. This game is very addictive to play! When you mentioned being able to enter the village, I wondered if you planned on having monsters attack it in a random event, and you had to defend it with traps and things, sort of like Dungeon Keeper.

I found a few more nitpicks:
- at the stonecutter for the main map: the quantity of iron, stone and grain seem to have the same pool of goods; if I change the amount of stone, the number of iron and grain also change the same amount.
- at the Frost Capital: if the trader has zero cattle and I sell some cattle to the trader, then go back a few turns later, it will have negative cattle. No ill effects but it is odd.
-
Spoiler:
-
Spoiler:
- in the camping random event, there are two menu options for lighting a fire with a torch and one to make a fire with sulfur. There is a spell to make a campfire for 3(?) mana but it is not listed as an option here. Maybe one of the torch menu items was intended for that spell? I bought that spell and have seen it show up elsewhere in the game.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Just found out you can buy shovel for 500 gold and sell it for 2000, lol.
Shhh, lets keep that a secret. :P But yeah, if I make price changes, I'm changing the price manually for each spot where you can sell/buy it.
I need to search the entire project for "shovel" now ^^.

Checked: ah so you are referring to an old version.

When you mentioned being able to enter the village, I wondered if you planned on having monsters attack it in a random event, and you had to defend it with traps and things, sort of like Dungeon Keeper.
Nope, I haven't. I had something like that in mind for the buildings, but it is pretty complicated. As I've already made a dungeon keeper clone, I know the complexity of such a level design and it is just not worth it for a single scenario / village.
I found a few more nitpicks:
- at the stonecutter for the main map: the quantity of iron, stone and grain seem to have the same pool of goods; if I change the amount of stone, the number of iron and grain also change the same amount.
- at the Frost Capital: if the trader has zero cattle and I sell some cattle to the trader, then go back a few turns later, it will have negative cattle. No ill effects but it is odd.
Thanks I will check. The code is rather complicated, but I did not find a better way to do it yet.

Edit: Fixed.
Spoiler:
- in the camping random event, there are two menu options for lighting a fire with a torch and one to make a fire with sulfur. There is a spell to make a campfire for 3(?) mana but it is not listed as an option here. Maybe one of the torch menu items was intended for that spell? I bought that spell and have seen it show up elsewhere in the game.
Yeah I will add it to the camping event, I will overwork it in the next update anyway, to make it cooler. In this scenario you can walk around and actually do all the actions, such as laying traps. Go hunting etc. Probably it will just be a separate spot that loads the options. The spell is now available under summons, when right clicking on your hero and it should be the first option. Than you can turn a tile into a campfire. By the way: you can interact with camp fires by right clicking on them to cook or whatever.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
mango45451

Post by mango45451 »

Heindal wrote: January 27th, 2024, 10:50 am
mango45451 wrote: January 27th, 2024, 12:41 am * if i choose to deliver goods for a trader guild mission, but I abort the mission, my cart will still be partially filled up with goods for that aborted mission. The dead cargo does not show up when I look at the cargo & cart dialog, so it can be hard to figure out what is going on. This happened to me when I was in the capital city. I was given new missions, I forgot the old trading missions, and much later I couldn't figure out why half of my cart was not usable.
Will check this. I think it is intended, as you can drop the goods on the cart via the menu.
Ok, I might have figured this one out. In the ABORTMISSION macro/subroutine,

Code: Select all

[set_variable]
  name=space
  add=goods
[/set_variable]
might need to be

Code: Select all

[set_variable]
  name=space
  add=$goods
[/set_variable]
case: If I have a mission to carry goods and abort it, the goods variable is reset to 0, but the space variable was not being changed. End result is that space was not being freed up after the mission aborted.
Oathgrim_Maidenheart

Post by Oathgrim_Maidenheart »

Thank you for a great game!

Just started a new character after the latest update but now I can't seem to equip a mount anymore. I can buy it but it doesn't show up in my inventory. I tried both with the Horse Mount in the Capital City and with the Gorer Mount at the Outlaws'.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Hi Oathgrim_Maidenheart,

thanks for playing the add-on. I will check the code tomorrow.
I made some changes to the codes, but nothing big, so I'm quite confused.

@mango,

thanks for the bug report. Will fix both, asap.

Best regards
Heindal
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Made a bugfix: 1.16.26.1
Codename: "Never change a macro and than get confused with the order and creating a variable, which is an entire sentence."

- fixes a problem with abort mission concerning goods transport mission
- fixes a problem that mounts where not available, the description will now show as intended

gryphon.png
gryphon.png (43.26 KiB) Viewed 1918 times

Now you gonna catch, err, I mean collect them all, to see all the lame lines.
Cu
mango45451

Post by mango45451 »

Heindal wrote: February 20th, 2024, 12:00 am @mango,

thanks for the bug report. Will fix both, asap.
Thanks Heindal! I found a few more obscure ones:
Spoiler:
Having played this game obsessively for a month, I made up this list of ideas for future features. I have no idea how they affect game balance but offer it in case it helps.

Can we get a cameo from the creepy elf shaman from the "Trapped" add-on, if she is not in the game already? That helps with continuity. Maybe she can be attracted to the player, or sniff his blood or something equally creepy!

Dwarf Temple "biome" I think has one hex with something that looks like an artifact, but is not. Suggest adding artifact there, or changing the hex to the altar, mausoleum or temple image.

The ghost summoning pyramid summons a new ghost. If you had this ghost in your reserve list, I think this removes that ghost and creates it again on the map. I think this overwrites any improvements or equipment that you give to this ghost. Suggest naming this ghost as "summoned" or some other hint to distinguish from the ghosts they can recruit, or not adding this ghost to the player's army like other summoned monsters.
Spoiler:
Fun fun game. I have to stop playing and get back to being productive in the real world.
mango45451

Post by mango45451 »

mango45451 wrote: February 21st, 2024, 1:57 am
Spoiler:
Just to clarify, that would be for a new map and mission for gold or rep boost

This is distinct from the existing random event on the desert map. I don't know why, but I just like killing those things. The castle on some of the desert map means I can also use them as trainers for recalled mercs without using the warhorn consumable.
Oathgrim_Maidenheart

Post by Oathgrim_Maidenheart »

Heindal wrote: February 20th, 2024, 5:24 pm Made a bugfix: 1.16.26.1
Codename: "Never change a macro and than get confused with the order and creating a variable, which is an entire sentence."

- fixes a problem with abort mission concerning goods transport mission
- fixes a problem that mounts where not available, the description will now show as intended

gryphon.png

Now you gonna catch, err, I mean collect them all, to see all the lame lines.
Cu
Yes, now the mounts work again!

I really love the stuff that's been added lately, especially the new minimaps for the buildings, such as the Farm and Fisher Hut etc. It's wonderful how each building now offers various ways of advancement, whether it's skills or even diplomacy! Now i go out of my way to acquire different buildings that i wasn't so interested in before.

I have a bug report from the Mine minimap though: when using the smelter (work gives XP) and when fighting skeletons, i don't get the level-up screen when leveling up. I just level up without the possibility to assign skill points. (Don't know if this is only for the Mine or if it occurs in other buildings too). Also, the Mine (in the minimap anyway) says i'm getting diamonds when i'm working, but in reality it's iron.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Hi both of you,
I have a bug report from the Mine minimap though: when using the smelter (work gives XP) and when fighting skeletons, i don't get the level-up screen when leveling up. I just level up without the possibility to assign skill points. (Don't know if this is only for the Mine or if it occurs in other buildings too). Also, the Mine (in the minimap anyway) says i'm getting diamonds when i'm working, but in reality it's iron.
Ok, this could be. I will have to check this. You will not get diamonds, but diamond dust. It would be too strong to get diamonds. However diamond dust must be produced by smelting an entire diamond, so it should be worth you while.

I really love the stuff that's been added lately, especially the new minimaps for the buildings, such as the Farm and Fisher Hut etc. It's wonderful how each building now offers various ways of advancement, whether it's skills or even diplomacy! Now i go out of my way to acquire different buildings that i wasn't so interested in before.
I will add the other buildings such as orphanage, church and tavern and probably add some kind of mini-games (at least for the brewery, the cottage and the tavern (kinda serve a guest and earn money).
Can we get a cameo from the creepy elf shaman from the "Trapped" add-on, if she is not in the game already? That helps with continuity. Maybe she can be attracted to the player, or sniff his blood or something equally creepy!
Not the elf shaman, but her faction.
Dwarf Temple "biome" I think has one hex with something that looks like an artifact, but is not. Suggest adding artifact there, or changing the hex to the altar, mausoleum or temple image.

The ghost summoning pyramid summons a new ghost. If you had this ghost in your reserve list, I think this removes that ghost and creates it again on the map. I think this overwrites any improvements or equipment that you give to this ghost. Suggest naming this ghost as "summoned" or some other hint to distinguish from the ghosts they can recruit, or not adding this ghost to the player's army like other summoned monsters.
This is blocked, it always has the same id, so loading and saving will kill all ghost with the same id.
Spoiler:
I would suggest a few more hard to reach achievements. I think this will encourage players to keep playing
* 100000 karma
* negative 1M fame
* 1000 cooking
* 10000 kills
* 50 building upgrades; I believe this is different from an existing and similarly named one
Yeah, but this has low priority. I got the change the dark side a little bit, by making the costs for gaining positive fame again way higher.
I already have 100+ achievements.
Famous singing and pick pockets have activity counters already with have in-game benefits but they are only useful early in the game. Achievement at say 10000 may encourage players to keep doing them in the end-game. I do not suggest this for haggles because that is a passive action.
I wanted to add something for the traders guild next time. Upgrade building, scouting and sabotaging and so on.
Also suggest a new counter for preaching at the church, and adding similar achievements. Benefit: players get to see the excellent joke you made there.
Could do so, but it hasn't priority.

To help prepare for the pacifist challenge, I have a couple ideas from Nethack that I think could work in Strange Legacy. New achievements for going a certain number of days into the game without killing anything will get you a token bonus. That way, people can try the pacifist challenge without committing to it for the entire game. Nethack has a "camera" item, it is intended for the Tourist character class. When you use the camera, the flash goes off. It scares off low level monsters. It can work in Strange Legacy as a weapon that stuns opponents but does little to no damage. That is perfect weapon for the pacifist. Nethack also had the "credit card" and "hawaiian shirt" items which would be fun to have but I don't think they would be useful here.
This already exists, there is a tourist class, with a unique outfit and a camera (blitzdings) after all. I don't want to add more reference to that.
But I will probably add a reference to the prototype of all rogue-like games: 'Rogue'.
Another idea from nethack is a random treasury level. It would be nice for the player to get some incentive to keep going into the infinite dungeon beyond the storyline, and a random treasury would be a nice bonus. I like playing the infinite dungeons with my army of mercenaries boosted with gear and books.
There is a random place in every infinite dungeon. One of it is a treasure chamber. I don't intend to add more. What I will add is a unique relic. One is a green mask (helmet) that increases the cheating skill by 50, one is a skeleton key (ring) which increases the lock picking by 50. Some of them will offer different opportunities.
I love the crab beach side-mission. In the future, I thought it would be nice to add a few more of these mini quests, and opportunity to add a few more scenario maps. They could scale based on player difficulty, or choosing strength of mission based on desired reward.
* a side-mission to clear our sand vipers on the desert map or in the Dune Folk capital. Bonus opportunity for more Indiana Jones jokes!
* a side-mission to kill giant clams and collect pearls on the Open Sea map or the Island/Second Island of the main map. The Inky's Quest add-on has good graphics for a giant clam with Rolling Stones-styled lips. Opportunity for more jokes! If you have negative rep with naga, the naga defend the clam map. If you have negative rep with mermen, the mermen defend the clam map. Maybe pearls can become another crafting ingredient, or maybe not. Map can scale with difficulty by adding tentacles and squids.
There are already hunting missions and even an entire global event concerning sand vipers. It is a lot of work to make missions like that and so far I don't want to do that.
I also love the watchtower rebuild mission. I thought it would be nice to add a lighthouse rebuild on the Open Sea map. The lighthouse graphic is already in the game. Maybe a heavy rain event wrecks the light tower? Completing the mission could get you a reputation boost with the Island Council.
I had a concept for that, but never pulled it off. It did not seem worth it.
I feel like the River map is under utilized. I love the process of "supply stone and wood" in other game events to change the map. How about a few different random events to build fortification hexes in the northern part of the map? I wrote down (20,2) (22,1) (24,1) (26,3) as possible locations. This is to defend against another random event of monsters appearing from the map at (23,1). This new event triggers ogres or trolls raiding out of the mountains. Increase reputation or security level at the capital adds "spearman" units on the fortification hexes. Building all of the forts with spearman ends the monster raid events.
While a nice idea, it takes a lot of time to make such as mission, which than is just used by 1% of the players. There is even an entire global event and an entire war scenario taking place in the River.
The bowyer on the River map is also under utilized. How about a 'shady character' on that River map or Elf Capital map, she is a black market arms dealer/thieves guild procurer. The player can make bows at the bowyer, and then sell to the arms dealer for lots of gold but fame loss. This is similar to the Capital City thieves guild.
I don't think so. The option to make the Skadi + the option to craft bows, as well as a all options of the making everything that you can do inside the wood cutter hut is already pretty strong. I always was against making bows, because it is way too much profit.
The Desert Keep map is nicely done but under utilized with only one vendor. How about adding a library or healer there? That helps players that have cannot get into temples when they have negative fame and reputation. Or add a glass maker vendor that turns sand goods into glass goods? Or an arena option there, where you can duel or fight animals, and then maybe add a vendor for pets, as a tie-in to the recent update.
It is just a small outpost. I don't think I will make changes in here.

Vampire City could have groups of 3-4 undead bards; opportunity for more jokes
Again, this will just be seen by 1% of the players who discover the vampire city.
If population of naga grows big enough, how about they get a village outpost in the under-utilized swampy area in the main map? Player must have sufficient reputation with naga, and then has to supply 1000 stone 1000 wood 100 iron 1000 sand, etc. to build a small outpost there.
They already rebuilt there entire fort when having enough population, so no.
It would be nice to have a chocobone mount option, maybe available from the Vampire City?
Good idea, will add together with the hippo rider.
Population of Elves Rise appears to be tracked ($ERPopluation)but the town itself does not appear to change. How about minor map changes at 3500, 4000, 4500 population?
Too much work.
Add quest to build aquaduct or canal for the Capital City. Most early settlements grew up along water features, but the Capital City doesn't. Idea 1 is to modify the map so a stream runs south from the temple of holy light to the city. As population grows, this triggers a random event where the stream clogs up (modeling all of the trash the city population generates). Player has to provide 1000 stones to reconstruct the stream. Idea 2 is that the player has to build a canal, over several hexes, from the temple of holy light to the city. 1000 stones per hex.
No.
Add new achievement "Civil Engineer" for these construction missions.
I already have 100+ achievements. But this seems like a nice idea.
Naga currently offers 1 mission to kill 10 mermen. How about adding a mission to kill 20 or 25? The Merman capital city has lots of targets.
This is easy to make, so I will add it.
When population of the Capital City gets to 40000, 45000, 50000, grow the castle on the main map or add towns around it? This encourages player to keep trading with the city and have the city keep growing.
No. There are already so much awards and changes for growing the city (museum, extra shop options, faction options, bank, bank robbery, interest) that this too much.
Packrat level III upgrade to get storage to a round number of 100.
Maybe. Not quite sure, if this would be too powerful.

Thanks for the bug reports.

Best regards

Heindal
Spirit_of_Currents

Post by Spirit_of_Currents »

1. This campaign has the main quest which has dozens of parts and side quests which have one or two parts. Could you add quests that fall in between? They would have a few parts. Perhaps these new quests will require you to use skills as in RuneScape. Oh, they are called "missions" in this campaign.
2. Hero Menu > Compendium > Help "General Hints: Ways to earn gold:" lists both "find treasures by using different treasuremaps" and "find random generated treasures (buy a treasure map)".
3. The "General Hints:" also says "Luck also influences the chance the an enemy drops randomloot by 0.5%." The second "the" should be removed.
4. The "General Hints:" says "It would be wise to concentrate on one skill and one status, but its also possible to become a jack of all trades, equipping your hero with any possible equipment." when it should be "it's".
5. Heromenu > Compendium > Help doesn't give special advice for the thief path.
6. One perk is leadership 3. If I recall correctly, in Wesnoth 1.16 leadership level always equals the leader's level (2 with John). That's why I advice to change that to "inspire" from The Hammer of Thursagan.
7. I started as a treasurehunter and immediately used my treasuremap. A hideout was generated inside Uncle's Place! However I moved to that hex and nothing happened.
8. You forgot to update Change List on the page 71.
9. A tutorial says "The chance of sucessfully creating an item is based on your skill and your luck stat." It should be "successfully".
10. A suggestion: how much income you get from treasuremaps depends on the worldmap.
11. A tutorial says "Fortunately most pieces of furniture can be bought in 'Captial City' in the craftsman district." It should be "Capital City".
12. A suggestion: in start of the campaign, swap places of hexes "Crafting" and "Tutorial". I guess most people want to start from the leftmost special hex because it's easiest if checking all special hexes, and "Tutorial" provides the most basic information.
13. The letter from Scarface says you can sell your horse and cart. But some paths only have one cargo space at start.
14. A disadvantage suggestion: you can't fight competitors. If this sounds too difficult, maybe nerf them somehow.
15. The "Movement" tutorial says I can move on deep water but that's not the case.
16. The game didn't tell me how I can successfully convince or sneak to enter Capital City Goods Market. I think it should have told.
17. Is it intended skill level can become negative? That happened to me when I tried to lie to access Capital City Royal Hunter Society. It may sound weird I tried that with cheating 0 and charisma 1 but hey, I'm playtesting and playtesters are supposed to try weird things. I also want to try everything to make sure my spoiler won't lack information.
There are very much electrochemical currents in my brain.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Hi spirit,
1. This campaign has the main quest which has dozens of parts and side quests which have one or two parts. Could you add quests that fall in between? They would have a few parts. Perhaps these new quests will require you to use skills as in RuneScape. Oh, they are called "missions" in this campaign.
You mean like the Scarecrow mission, which has three (four) parts? Or the treasure hunt for the wanderer shrine? They exists, takes long to make them. At the moment I don't think I have time for that, or at least my priorities are different, because I started introducing the building overwork and the pets.

I have to pull this off yet, adjusting some options, adding some new options such as cutting trees by moving on them, harvesting or really working on the field, as well as adding all other buildings. The pets exists so far, but all creatures should be "monsters" and catch-able via right click with an option and a chance.
2. Hero Menu > Compendium > Help "General Hints: Ways to earn gold:" lists both "find treasures by using different treasuremaps" and "find random generated treasures (buy a treasure map)".
3. The "General Hints:" also says "Luck also influences the chance the an enemy drops randomloot by 0.5%." The second "the" should be removed.
4. The "General Hints:" says "It would be wise to concentrate on one skill and one status, but its also possible to become a jack of all trades, equipping your hero with any possible equipment." when it should be "it's".
5. Heromenu > Compendium > Help doesn't give special advice for the thief path.
Fixed, I never wanted to touch that again and didn't for like 10 years. Changed the number of infinite dungeons.
6. One perk is leadership 3. If I recall correctly, in Wesnoth 1.16 leadership level always equals the leader's level (2 with John). That's why I advice to change that to "inspire" from The Hammer of Thursagan.
Will change it. Will probably add an ability I already have.
7. I started as a treasurehunter and immediately used my treasuremap. A hideout was generated inside Uncle's Place! However I moved to that hex and nothing happened.
Bad luck, I think I will prevent the event firing there.
8. You forgot to update Change List on the page 71.
Please fill out form A38 to apply for this matter.
9. A tutorial says "The chance of sucessfully creating an item is based on your skill and your luck stat." It should be "successfully".
sucessfully changed. I mean successfully.
10. A suggestion: how much income you get from treasuremaps depends on the worldmap.
With the change of the treasure maps that is something I can't do so easily. It will bloat the code in a way I don't want.
11. A tutorial says "Fortunately most pieces of furniture can be bought in 'Captial City' in the craftsman district." It should be "Capital City".
I thought you know a little about coding and doing this with " " will break the message. Sure I could use the Schweinezeichen for quotation marks, but don't like these signs inside my code, that's why I never use an apostrophe. It's not worth it.
12. A suggestion: in start of the campaign, swap places of hexes "Crafting" and "Tutorial". I guess most people want to start from the leftmost special hex because it's easiest if checking all special hexes, and "Tutorial" provides the most basic information.
Nah, it says Studio on the door, err I mean Tutorial on the label.
13. The letter from Scarface says you can sell your horse and cart. But some paths only have one cargo space at start.
So they are traveling light and don't waste time for a backpack.
14. A disadvantage suggestion: you can't fight competitors. If this sounds too difficult, maybe nerf them somehow.
Nah, this would be too hard. I think the game would be impossible, especially when the will be able to hire assassins and heroes to attack you.
15. The "Movement" tutorial says I can move on deep water but that's not the case.
Ok, changed. It was possible in older versions, due to the option of taking merfolk or naga in the RPG Mode.
16. The game didn't tell me how I can successfully convince or sneak to enter Capital City Goods Market. I think it should have told.
Hm, it is based on
Spoiler:
17. Is it intended skill level can become negative? That happened to me when I tried to lie to access Capital City Royal Hunter Society. It may sound weird I tried that with cheating 0 and charisma 1 but hey, I'm playtesting and playtesters are supposed to try weird things. I also want to try everything to make sure my spoiler won't lack information.
Not intended. Maybe I will make the option disappear if cheating is too low.

Thanks again for your reports.
Heindal

Re: Strange Legacy - A tale of travelers and innkeepers

Post by Heindal »

Uploaded new version for Strange Legacy

wesnoth version: 1.18
add-on version: 1.16.27
codename: A tale of travelers and innkeepers
funny codename: immerser or more immerse

I have good news and bad news. Well let's start with the good news, I added new scenarios, many new maps and new monsters to dungeons, raids, encounters and monster nests to make them less repetitive. Overall it is an upgrade of almost all existing features in the game. The bad news is, it is now no longer downward compatible. So probably 1.16.26.1 will be the last version I provided for Battle for Wesnoth 1.16.

I did something that I always wanted and added a new feature for tavern keeper. You can now run your tavern, serve a variety of guests, each with pros and cons. You can decorate your tavern with furniture and this furniture will even stay when you leave the scenario. You can also build new tables, hire new staff and upgrades will actually improve the tavern giving you more place to build furniture. Some of these options are available in the brewery and the cottage.

Speaking of buildings, I improved the buildings by adding some features, most importantly that the buildings look pretty shady. Once they are upgraded the will look better and partially even offer new opportunities. Hiring a worker will spawn a worker and winter has an effect on most maps. Aside from the serving guests, you can play with terrain, such as working on the field, cutting trees, lighten braziers.

Furthermore I have improved the camping scenario. It will now offer way more options and is a 'real' scenario, where you can move around and decide to hunt, fish, collect water, herbs, lay traps, lay baits and make fire. I improved the map and it will change according to the world map and if it is winter. In some world maps you have unique options such as melting water in the winter or in the north. In the desert you can not look for water and hunting chances are decreased.

As I said before, I added some of the new fantastic monsters to the raids, encounters and also added a variety of new maps. I also changed the dunefolk units to core units. I carefully tested and hopefully found all the units, but in case you get a message about missing units: it is caused by this change. There are also some smaller features, such as two new mounts, a new perk and a new merc. I did some changes to the mercs, that might not please everyone, but are logical. Have fun with the new version.

Here the complete list of the changes:

bugfixes:

- temple disappeared in rainfall, has been replaced with terrain
- you can not perform some actions while onboard a ship
(it was funny but somewhat illogical)
- repaired Monsternest Desert, now the correct number of monsters will spawn
- repaired idle animation of the bards
- changed several story images, which no longer worked in 1.18
- made several wording corrections to tutorial and the help dialogue
- successful lying to enter a location did not increase your cheating
- you need at least 10 cheating to be able to lie - prevents you from getting negative cheating
- fixed aggression bug
- replaced units in Civilwar against standard dunefolk units
- replaced dunefolk mercs against standard dunefolk units
- repaired image for nomad mercs
- fixed odd help menu behavior when cutting trees inside the darkwood

misc:

- new terrain is used on new maps and existing ones
- replaced all dunefolk units and images to core units (except: Summoner and Nomads)
- overworked the mercs provided by the dunefolk
- added a lame vin dieselesque and merc joke
- mercs will no longer receive LOYAL, it was illogical that they had that in first place. They can be recalled using a war horn, however they will receive the 'merc' trait. Merc Trait reduces their damage by one (probably just a lack of motivation). Lateron there is a chance for them to flee in battle, so far this is not part of this update.
- new merc Falconer
- added Packrat III
-- available when having strength 20 and packrat 2 has been unlocked
-- Increases Maximum Load by 5 and hitpoints by 25.
- added some rewards for a miracle
- new mounts hippo and chocobone
(a little cheesy, but hey, all mounts look cheesy)

Improved Building Scenarios

- workers spawn in your building scenarios
- winter has an effect on building scenarios changing terrain
- upgrade effects appearance (terrain) of buildings in building scenarios
- mini actions and active terrain in buildings
-- cut trees, clean fields, serve guests, light braziers

Wanderer

- overworked camping
-- made the map less boring, using ravines and elevations
-- map will change based on the worldmap
-- winter changes map on main worldmap
-- adding new options such as fishing, melting ice, lay traps, grilling, looking for water
-- a wider range of enemies spawns in the encounters based on the world map
-- added special enemy spawns for river
-- resting is just possible on world maps
-- tent and cauldron can be destroyed by enemies, one of the few ways to lose these items
-- highly increased enemy encounter chance, 70% at lowest wildlife skill level
-- forces you to make a fire, to reduce encounter chances and get better in wildlife
(wildlife reduces the encounterchance down to 25%, so even you make a fire there is 5% chance for an encounter)

Innkeeper

- your tavern scenario
-- all normal actions of the tavern can now be found in a scenario
-- improved the number of food gained by random food
-- cook food, potions and ingredients in the kitchen
-- innkeep minigame
-- serve a variety of different guests in your tavern, the brewery or the cottage
-- place permanent furniture tables and decorations to attract more guests and to increase your income
-- upgrade your tavern to place even more furniture
- added right click menu option: Tavern Furniture
-- it is only available inside the tavern

Encounter variety:

- added a variety of different monsters and maps for monsternests, encounters and raids
-- fight dragonflys, giant ants, fire ants, raven and more
- added some of the new units to encounters

details:

- greater variety of monsters in desert monster nest
- greater variety of maps for desert monster nest + improved concept for calling
- Great Seahorse, Caribe, Kraken and Swamp Lizard added to Ship Encounters and Encounters on Sea
- Dragonfly, Raven, Horses to normal encounters
- Saurian Spearthrower,Saurian Javelineer to saurian raids
- new naga units will now spawn in naga encounter
(Naga Dirkfang,Naga Ringcaster,Naga Ophidian,Naga Shield Guard,Naga Sicarius,Naga Zephyr,Naga High Guard)
- added several new monsters to infinite random dungeons
-- added some high end Dunefolk units to Sandcave
- overworked desert encounter
-- way more different animals and units in desert encounter
- Islands Encounters: added 3 maps
- Snow Encounter added two maps
- Ship and Sea Encounter added 3 maps
- Boarding Encounters added 3 maps
- Mountain Encounter added 1 map
- Improved Encounters in the River
- improved variety of monsters in monsternests
- improved variety of maps in desert, snow and winter monsternests
- improved variety of maps for raids and shipraids
- higher unit variety in Banditcamp Desert
- added many monsters and units to arena
- cooler bodyguards when the dunefolk king is assassinated
lynx

Post by lynx »

Having trouble finding the word of water. I've already cleared the pirate den, was it supposed to be there?