Cities of the Frontier - now for BfW 1.11

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

vghetto

Re: Cities of the Frontier - now for BfW 1.11

Post by vghetto »

I uploaded a port of CotF 0.6.1-6 to 1.16.
The 1.16 Cotf version is 0.6.1-7.

This is strictly esci's version of Cities of the Frontiers (0.6.1) without any additional features by anyone.
Only bugs were fixed to suit wesnoth.

The github branch for CotF on wesnoth 1.14 is esci-bugfix
The github branch for CotF on wesnoth 1.16 is esci-w1_16

The _server.pbl password is still the same which is shared by me, enclave and Argothair
Argothair

Post by Argothair »

I have ported Cities of the Frontier to Wesnoth version 1.15, and added some new features like diplomacy, iron costs, and more naturalistic wild animal movement. It should be live on the server as version 0.7. I have not made any changes to github or the server.pbl password.
tempo4321

Post by tempo4321 »

Argothair wrote: April 13th, 2022, 9:24 pm I have ported Cities of the Frontier to Wesnoth version 1.15, and added some new features like diplomacy, iron costs, and more naturalistic wild animal movement. It should be live on the server as version 0.7. I have not made any changes to github or the server.pbl password.
The iron feature seems broken. Maybe revert to before your changes?
Argothair

Post by Argothair »

Can you be more specific about how or where the iron is broken? I have tested it extensively and it works fine on my machine.
Argothair

Post by Argothair »

Update: files are now posted publicly at https://github.com/JGreenLowe/Cities_of_the_Frontier
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Argothair wrote: April 28th, 2022, 7:08 pm Update: files are now posted publicly at https://github.com/JGreenLowe/Cities_of_the_Frontier
You might wanna update the readME file
The code is being optimized for Version 1.16 of Wesnoth, which has not yet been released, but which is being approximated by 1.15.14 (the current development version).
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Kaboo12

Post by Kaboo12 »

Argothair wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 8:23 pm Can you be more specific about how or where the iron is broken? I have tested it extensively and it works fine on my machine.
At the beginning of the playthrough I remember it being mentioned that mountains will be needed for iron but I have used all of the 20 iron I started with and have been unable to produce more or find out about it from any forum. The version I used was 0.7.1
Argothair

Post by Argothair »

OK, well, you can get more iron by sending a Peasant Worker to a hill and ordering them to flatten it, or by sending a Peasant Worker to a mountain and ordering them to build a mine. The Dwarves may also be able to help you with iron, if you can find them.