Rashy Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

IPS

Re: Rashy Era

Post by IPS »

Been a while, I'm also working for an universal criteria for AMLA XP on lv3/lv2 in whole Ageless Era, and Ravana said me to post in forum suggest of changes instead of editing RE files in Ageless Era.

Idea of this implementation is to make the game easier for players who are using "lower tier" units, while balancing game experience of players who only uses "highest tier units" . This changes drastically RPG balancing and in maps like Orocia. Shortest explanation is this:

Lv3 AMLA XP's values
Lowest: 126 AMLA XP
Low: 134 AMLA XP
Normal: 150 AMLA XP
High: 166 AMLA XP
Highest: 175 AMLA XP

Usually units that are tankier or have more specials or more stuff, will oftenly require more XP's , while in certain cases more average units (such as royal guard or etc) will be low or even lowest tiers depending their function. Idea is also considering this criteria between same Era between themselves.

As Rashy Era (RE) is very defaul inspired, values of 134 will be most common and 126 value will be really rare to see on Lv3's. If not mentioned, it's unchanged.

So list of suggested changes is the following:
- Aquana Master Bowman AMLA XP to 134 (-16)
- Aquana Heavy Swordsman AMLA XP to 134 (-16)
- Atlantis Knight AMLA XP to 134 (-16)
- Aquana Merman Javelineer AMLA XP to 126 (-24)
Aquana lv3 merman has 3 damage types, that is very valuable in highly modded games, it's why it's on 150 XP tier.

- Chevalier Doctor AMLA XP to 134 (-16)
- Chevalier AMLA XP to 134 (-16)
- Chevalier Greatsword AMLA XP to 166 (+16)

- Dardo Longbowman AMLA XP to 134 (-16)
- Dardo Sand Ranger AMLA XP to 134 (-16)
- Dardo Horse Lord AMLA XP to 134 (-16)

- Nighteye AMLA XP to 134 (-16)
- Moon Rider AMLA XP to 134 (-16)
- Crescent Warrior AMLA XP to 134 (-16)
- Shadow General AMLA XP to 134 (-16)

- Dwarvish Lord AMLA XP to 166 (+16)
- Dwarvish Ballista AMLA XP to 175 (+25) .... lv4 unit
- Dwarvish War Engineer AMLA XP to 134 (-16)
- Dwarvish Forefather AMLA XP to 175 (+25) ... insane strong lv3 unit (scales really nice in XP mod)

- Elyser Sharpshooter AMLA XP to 134 (-16)
- Elyser Champion AMLA XP to 134 (-16)
- Elyser Avantgarde AMLA XP to 134 (-16)
- Elyser Druid AMLA XP to 126 (-24)

- Forest Huntsman AMLA XP to 134 (-16)
- Forest Ranger AMLA XP to 134 (-16)
- Forest Axtmaster AMLA XP to 134 (-16)
- Forest Beastmaster AMLA XP to 134 (-16)
- Alpha Wolf AMLA XP to 134 (-16)

- Dwarvish Forest Cutter AMLA XP to 166 (+16)
- Gnome Jumper AMLA XP to 134 (-16)
- Gold Gnome AMLA XP to 134 (-16)
- Gnome Bard AMLA XP to 134 (-16)
- Gnome Ranger AMLA XP to 134 (-16)

- Luz Arbalist AMLA XP to 134 (-16)
- Luz Sentinel AMLA XP to 126 (-24)
- Luz Abbot AMLA XP to 134 (-16)
- Luz Warden AMLA XP to 134 (-16)

- Marashy War Bowman AMLA XP to 134 (-16)
- Marashy Swordmaster AMLA XP to 134 (-16)
- Marashy Hunter AMLA XP to 134 (-16)

- Mountain Ranger AMLA XP to 134 (-16)
- Wolf Champion AMLA XP to 134 (-16)
- Rockgolem AMLA XP to 134 (-16)

- Bone Giant AMLA XP to 134 (-16)
- Bone Mess AMLA XP to 134 (-16)
- Nightgaunt AMLA XP to 175 (+25)
- Spectre AMLA XP to 175 (+25)
- Banebow AMLA XP to 134 (-16)
- Nightmare AMLA XP to 134 (+4)

- Regis Duke AMLA XP to 134 (-16)
- Regis Master Bowman AMLA XP to 134 (-16)
- Regis Ranger AMLA XP to 134 (-16)
- Regis Castellan AMLA XP to 166 (+16)
- Regis Palace Guard AMLA XP to 134 (-16)
- Regis Royal Guard AMLA XP to 134 (-16)

- Rashy Chronomancer AMLA XP to 166 (+16)
- Trarashy Sharpshooter AMLA XP to 134 (-16)
- Trarashy Sworddancer AMLA XP to 134 (-16)
- Trarashy Sentinel AMLA XP to 166 (+16)
- Trarashy Avantgarde AMLA XP to 134 (-16)

- Amazon Sharpshooter AMLA XP to 134 (-16)
- Amazon Matriarch AMLA XP to 134 (-16)
- Amazon Templeguard AMLA XP to 134 (-16)
- Jaguar Huntress AMLA XP to 134 (-16)

Usually more stable units gets 150 value , very solid to 166 value and toughtest to 175.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Ok, done.

I only have a problem with Trarashy Sentinel. They are supposed to be this upgradeable unit with different paths to take. If I put them at hight exp values it would ruin that.
Inceased their exp to 60 (+20) for now.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Vyncyn wrote: July 16th, 2023, 10:00 am Ok, done.

I only have a problem with Trarashy Sentinel. They are supposed to be this upgradeable unit with different paths to take. If I put them at hight exp values it would ruin that.
Inceased their exp to 60 (+20) for now.
I see, It was like I tought it was a normal unit and weird value of AMLA.

Still, does this reheal the units? other problem in that is that it cannot be trained by +strikes upgrades in XP mod, but if it has its own system in each AMLA then I will leave that to you at having its own separated system.
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

the special AMLAs of the unit do not heal (or only by a small amount of HP). The Sentinel also has default AMLA for emergency heal, but this can also be a drawback because of the increased exp.
Can't acount for any mods here. Sentiel can already decide between +1 stike for bow or sword and then get parry or accuracy and additional damage.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Which other units counts with this customized AMLA feature? I have to test them and see if there is something else to suggest.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

I think just Trarashy Sentinel and Assassin Grandmaster (who is not playable in regular game).
And level 2 units get alternative AMLAs (without heal), but at the usual 100exp
IPS

Post by IPS »

Vyncyn wrote: July 18th, 2023, 11:53 am I think just Trarashy Sentinel and Assassin Grandmaster (who is not playable in regular game).
And level 2 units get alternative AMLAs (without heal), but at the usual 100exp
Okay, can you remember which other lv2 units have that? could be interesting to reconsider for balancing :D

Also I will check trarashy sentinel and view what to suggest in here in soon.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

IPS wrote: July 18th, 2023, 7:00 pm Okay, can you remember which other lv2 units have that? could be interesting to reconsider for balancing :D
Well all of them. It was my way to avoid making exp completely useless for units that reach max level too quickly. Each one got 1 AMLA that I though would fit them. A bad option to give exp to, but making it less wasteful. Some may be leveled up 2 times.

Aquana:
Harpuneer: 10% water defense (shallow,deep,reef and swamp)
Retarius: +1 movement speed
Merman Warden: +10% physical resistance
Netcaster: +2 melee dmg(bringing him to 8-3)

Chevalier:
Basher: +1 speed
Surgeon: +1 range atatck (-> 5-4)
Town guard: +1 speed

Dardo:
Chariot: +3 melee damage (->15-1 charge)
Lancer: Rally ability
Auxilia: +2 sling dmg(->10-3)

Darkelves:
Tropper: +10% physical resistance
Spider priest: +1 movement
Spider: Feeding or nightstalk
Wose: +10% physical resistance

Dwarves:
Brewmaster: +1 melee attack (can be leveled two times) (->6-3 and 6-4)
Runeknight: +10% physical resistance
Berserker and Gryphon knight don't have files yet

Elyser Nymph: +2 sirensong dmg(->3-4)

Forest:
Bearver: +1 bite dmg(->9-4) or +2 tail dmg(->16-2)
Trapper: bounty ability
Herbalist: unpoisen self

Gnomes:
Gryphon: +1melee dmg (11-3)
Hare: 2-round berserk on melee

Luz Veteran: Weaponmastery on sword (->at least 50% hitchance)

Marashy:
Ki: +2 melee strikes (->2-6)
Looter: +2 ranged dmg(14-2)

Mountain Flareman: +1 ranged dmg(8-3 pierce and 6-3 fire)

Necromancers:
Snake: 1 melee dmg(9-5)
Fire archer: +1 speed
Leviathan: +1 melee dmg (10-3)

Regis:
Hussar: +1 speed
White Mage: +1 ranged dmg (7-4)

Trarashy Alchemist: +1 speed

Vixen Stalker: +1 poison strike(1-4)

All ships have 3 AMLAs
Corvette:
+1 crew strike (6-4 blade)
+1 ballista strike (8-4)
speed
Trireme:
+2 crew dmg(9-3 pierce)
+5 ram dmg(19-1 charge)
+4 catapult dmg(24-1)
Elven Brig:
+2 crew dmg (10-2 blade)
+3 ballista dmg (11-3)
speed
Kecht:
+2 crew dmg(9-2 blade)
+2 ballista dmg (7-5) -> there was a bug there, fixed in the new version.
speed
Galleon:
+2 crew dmg(12-2 impact)
+3 ballista dmg (12-3)
regen 4
IPS

Post by IPS »

Vyncyn wrote: July 19th, 2023, 5:22 pm
IPS wrote: July 18th, 2023, 7:00 pm Okay, can you remember which other lv2 units have that? could be interesting to reconsider for balancing :D
Well all of them. It was my way to avoid making exp completely useless for units that reach max level too quickly. Each one got 1 AMLA that I though would fit them. A bad option to give exp to, but making it less wasteful. Some may be leveled up 2 times.

Aquana:
Harpuneer: 10% water defense (shallow,deep,reef and swamp)
Retarius: +1 movement speed
Netcaster: +2 melee dmg(bringing him to 8-3)

Chevalier:
Basher: +1 speed
Surgeon: +1 range atatck (-> 5-4)
Town guard: +1 speed

Dardo:
Chariot: +3 melee damage (->15-1 charge)
Auxilia: +2 sling dmg(->10-3)

Darkelves:
Tropper: +10% physical resistance
Spider priest: +1 movement
Wose: +10% physical resistance

Dwarves:
Berserker and Gryphon knight don't have files yet

Elyser Nymph: +2 sirensong dmg(->3-4)

Forest:
Bearver: +1 bite dmg(->9-4) or +2 tail dmg(->16-2)

Gnomes:
Gryphon: +1melee dmg (11-3)
Hare: 2-round berserk on melee

Luz Veteran: Weaponmastery on sword (->at least 50% hitchance)

Marashy:
Ki: +2 melee strikes (->2-6)
Looter: +2 ranged dmg(14-2)

Mountain Flareman: +1 ranged dmg (8-3 pierce and 6-3 fire)

Necromancers:
Snake: 1 melee dmg(9-5)
Fire archer: +1 speed
Leviathan: +1 melee dmg (10-3)

Regis:
Hussar: +1 speed
White Mage: +1 ranged dmg (7-4)

Trarashy Alchemist: +1 speed

All ships have 3 AMLAs
Corvette:
+1 crew strike (6-4 blade)
+1 ballista strike (8-4)
speed
Trireme:
+2 crew dmg(9-3 pierce)
+5 ram dmg(19-1 charge)
+4 catapult dmg(24-1)
Elven Brig:
+2 crew dmg (10-2 blade)
+3 ballista dmg (11-3)
speed
Kecht:
+2 crew dmg(9-2 blade)
+2 ballista dmg (7-5) -> there was a bug there, fixed in the new version.
speed
Galleon:
+2 crew dmg(12-2 impact)
+3 ballista dmg (12-3)
regen 4
Okay, sorry for late reply, but this is time to reply something after real long.

Let me rate changes listed there from best to worst based in XP mod / AE ecosystem gameplay. Not all changes are as good/nice as some others. This will also revea some info about which ones could potentially need to get buffed.

BEST:
1) Hare: 2-round berserk on melee
This is absolutely AN INSANE upgrade for an AMLA , even if unit has base lv1 damages, even in non modded gameplays it's a really strong upgrade. In more modded games, which that unit can become to stuff like 9-6 adding a round-2 berserker to this would make this unit really insane, still, the other option is cold ranged magical which would be 11-5 with same stats upgrades, but that helps the unit at being hybrid use after its first AMLA. My most favorite of all AMLA upgrades.

2) Marashy: Ki: +2 melee strikes (->2-6)
While out of Rashy Era this is fair, gaining +2 strikes in a single attack from a single AMLA is really good. Strikes is worth as 56 XP Mod cost, but +2 strikes in same attack is defenetively very worth it. Considering this is only to ONE attack this is really nice out of AE / XP mod gameplay while being a nice upgrade in these more modded gameplays.

3)

Out of AE - XP MOD gameplay this one is not this drastic, but in the other, it's basically something you might consider viable and really worth it to go, specially if playing in Orocia scenario. 30% in ressistances on only 1 AMLA is really nice, at costing slightly a bit more than +1 XP MOD strikes it's defenetively a good exchange after unit is offesnively strong enough.

4) Luz Veteran: Weaponmastery on sword (->at least 50% hitchance)
Accuracy as upgrade is something very valuable, cannot be adquired in XP Mod or in many scenarios as upgrade system (orocia, RPG's) , so yeah, this one is not as NICE as others, but makes unit have a purpose to get AMLA. I love this one too.

GREAT
1)
Galleon: regen 4

Passives that always cannot be obtained from other places is really good to consider, even if some aren't as great as others, still, useful enough. Herbalist one is worst of all listed here, but excels at bringing unit something unique that hardly could be obtained from somewhere else.

I like

2)
Trireme:
+5 ram dmg(19-1 charge) :twisted: , +4 catapult dmg(24-1)
Normally spending 63 AMLA XP to gain damages as AMLA is not worth it (specially if we consider XP mod +Damage upgrades affects ALL attacks) , but in this ONE strikes unit it's the best deal of this type because the massive boost to a single attack, which if we consider unit reheal and this , this could be really worth it. Not as much as getting lv3 advancement BUT ... much better than average AMLA without features.

Somewhat BAD
1)
Corvette: +1 ballista strike (8-4) , +1 crew strike (6-4 blade)

Strikes in XP MOD has a cost of 56 XP , which is bit more than x3 damage cost upgrades (16 XP per damage upgrade), considering this is AMLA bonus it's not this bad, if this also reheal units to full HP then it's an acceptable deal and worth to consider, but a really bad choice if you are wanting to improve your units as +1 XP MOD STRIKES upgrades will add this extra strike to ALL attacks instead of ONE attack. As long as reheal adds +1 strike to ONE attack this is fairly good AMLA, otherwise, if player has to pick between rehealing OR extra strike in single attack then it's BAD AMLA.

2)
Galleon: +2 crew dmg(12-2 impact) , +3 ballista dmg (12-3)
Kecht: +2 crew dmg(9-2 blade) , +2 ballista dmg (7-5)
Bearver: +2 tail dmg(->16-2)
All other +2 DMG's

As said as in case of single strike upgrades, if unit is full healed and then this bonus is adquired too, this AMLA might be good, otherwise, it's a BAD AMLA. This goes worse the lower number of strikes unit has ... ketch gains +2 dmg in a 5 strikes attack while bearver only +2 damage in a 2 strikes attack, obviously case of Ketch is much better.

BAD if not rehealing as well
ALL +1 DAMAGE/MOVEMENT UPGRADES
This is defenetively worst of all AMLA upgrades, not sure if +1 movement is worse than +1 DAMAGE in a single attack, but it may depend on each person. If unit doesn't get full heal and this upgrade, then this is bad AMLA and only used if really needed. These units could also gain the damage/movement upgrade as well of +10% to a single ressistance too (for example, tail upgrade for bearver for +10% impact res too, to avoid it being much worse than Ketch +2 damages in a 5 strikes attack) ... or in case of Bearver +1 blade damage attack and +10% cold res too (this is still BAD, but with the extra cold res which is bit worse than impact res you get the point).

Other units could also gain for example, other specials as Leviathan +1 melee damage and EoMa Swallow+3 (heals unit by +3 HP after archieving a kill on a living unit with melee attack , as attack special).

Idea is that for lowest tier AMLA adding something else that could be more worth it, while keeping as good changes that are listed as BEST.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Made some changes:
War chariot: +4 melee damage (->16-1 charge)
Bearver: +3 tail damage (17-2) or crippling 5% special on bite
Gryphon +2 dmg (12-3)
Marashy Looter: weaponmastery for bow
Flareman: still only +1dmg, but can be leveled 2 times
Leviathan: +2 dmg (11-3)
Vixen Stalker: Marksman on poison darts

White mage: changed regular magic from 6-4 to 8-3 and gave +2dmg AMLA
------------------
What I didn't mention before is that I use templates for them. I want to keep it relatively simple, so it's hard to balance Heal and EXP on each individual unit, but I tried to balance them based on how good I think the AMLAs are:

All +dmg AMLAs: heal 15HP, +20% exp
+strikes AMLAs: 10HP, 30%exp
Resistance: 10HP, 30%exp
Speed: 30HP, 20%exp
Weapon specials: 10HP, 25%exp
Abilities: 0HP, 25%exp

----------
Some of my thoughts:
Ships are balanced somewhat different. Since they all end at lvl2 with no alternative path, I thought it was fair to give them more options and made ranged damage AMLAs little stronger than for other units. Also big ships need 90exp and small ones 80. In terms of pure damage increase Trireme has the worst AMLA, though with the damage type (and charge!), it's way stronger. MIght need some balancing.

I consider AMLAs a consolation prize, not a goal for the player. They should not contest with a level up. Some AMLAs are better than others, but as long as it does not make the unit overpowered, I do not consider it a problem.

Did not balance them with XP Mod in mind, but it's the players choice where they want to spend their exp, so if +stike or +dmg from AMLA is worse, they can just ignore them.

+dmg and +stike AMLAs were balanced so they gives ~6 total damage. Strikes were harder to balance with consideration for strong trait and weapon specials, which is why I made the heal and exp increase worse. Additonal thoughts:
Surgeon: 5 damage per strike , but also poisons on range, so the additional strike gives another chance to hit
Brewmaster gets 6-7 damage per additional strike. To make it a little stronger, it can be leveled 2 times
Ki master only gets 2 dmg per strike but he's more affected by the strong trait and also slows. +2 strikes seemed like a good compromise
Mountain Flareman: only gets +1 damage per strike from AMLA, for +3 total. It isn't very good, but affects both piercing and fire arrows, so +2 seemed too strong.
Bone Snake: also only +1 damage, but with 5 strikes. +2 would be too strong.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Vyncyn wrote: July 23rd, 2023, 6:52 am Made some changes:
War chariot: +4 melee damage (->16-1 charge)
Bearver: +3 tail damage (17-2) or crippling 5% special on bite
Gryphon +2 dmg (12-3)
Marashy Looter: weaponmastery for bow
Flareman: still only +1dmg, but can be leveled 2 times
Leviathan: +2 dmg (11-3)
Vixen Stalker: Marksman on poison darts

White mage: changed regular magic from 6-4 to 8-3 and gave +2dmg AMLA
------------------
What I didn't mention before is that I use templates for them. I want to keep it relatively simple, so it's hard to balance Heal and EXP on each individual unit, but I tried to balance them based on how good I think the AMLAs are:

All +dmg AMLAs: heal 15HP, +20% exp
+strikes AMLAs: 10HP, 30%exp
Resistance: 10HP, 30%exp
Speed: 30HP, 20%exp
Weapon specials: 10HP, 25%exp
Abilities: 0HP, 25%exp

----------
Some of my thoughts:
Ships are balanced somewhat different. Since they all end at lvl2 with no alternative path, I thought it was fair to give them more options and made ranged damage AMLAs little stronger than for other units. Also big ships need 90exp and small ones 80. In terms of pure damage increase Trireme has the worst AMLA, though with the damage type (and charge!), it's way stronger. MIght need some balancing.

I consider AMLAs a consolation prize, not a goal for the player. They should not contest with a level up. Some AMLAs are better than others, but as long as it does not make the unit overpowered, I do not consider it a problem.

Did not balance them with XP Mod in mind, but it's the players choice where they want to spend their exp, so if +stike or +dmg from AMLA is worse, they can just ignore them.

+dmg and +stike AMLAs were balanced so they gives ~6 total damage. Strikes were harder to balance with consideration for strong trait and weapon specials, which is why I made the heal and exp increase worse. Additonal thoughts:
Surgeon: 5 damage per strike , but also poisons on range, so the additional strike gives another chance to hit
Brewmaster gets 6-7 damage per additional strike. To make it a little stronger, it can be leveled 2 times
Ki master only gets 2 dmg per strike but he's more affected by the strong trait and also slows. +2 strikes seemed like a good compromise
Mountain Flareman: only gets +1 damage per strike from AMLA, for +3 total. It isn't very good, but affects both piercing and fire arrows, so +2 seemed too strong.
Bone Snake: also only +1 damage, but with 5 strikes. +2 would be too strong.
Bone Snake +1 damage and +first-strike as AMLA bonus?

Also yeah, the few extras for AMLA's feel more fresh. Still you can even consider giving traits to units that gives stuff like HP, DAMAGE, STRIKES, Movement, etc.

Something that Era of Magic does with certain AMLA unit is giving +Veteran trait which gives +1 on all damages, +7 HP.

For certain cases (units with too many strikes) +Veteran trait was bit too strong, so suggested the +Fanatism Variant (+1 movement instead of +1 all damages).

But you can even consider of adding traits as AMLA rewards to make things quite diverse in certain cases. Some units could feature extra Damage, Strikes, ressistances, etc, or instead a trait that does some kind of improvement.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Hmm adding a dummy Veteran trait to signify that the unit has gotten stronger could be nice.

Don't see a reason to handle the effects with a trait though. It would just clutter up the help menu.

Did the bone snake AMLA as suggested.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Btw, it's confirmed that skeletons in 1.18 in default era will become only -20% arcane ressistance. Letting you know about this https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/pull/7801

So Rashy Era Skeletons could be buffed to -20% on arcane some time later.

Human units will also become 10% arcane ressistant, which meh ... makes things bit harder, but whatever lmao.

Finally Skeletons can be any useful in lots of scenarios because they used to be among worst unit picks you could ever do as fixing massive -50% in one attack type is not possible.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Good to know.
I don't personally agree with the changes. Even if it's more balanced, it takes away something special about the undead. And then combined with humans lowered resistance. Only 30% more damage to describe the difference between light hitting a human and holy arcanary burning away the undead. Does not feel right.

Since lots of units use the smallfoot movement, I'll have to keep in in mind though.

Propably gonna settle on 10% for humans and maybe 30-40 for undead.
---------

Tested a bit and currently I think mages are underwhelming. It's easy to win without recruiting any and their use is more the 70% hitchance rather than the rare damage types, especially with all the fire/cold resistances.
Trarashy were supposed to be a mage based faction, so I would like to buff the energy mage to 8-3 (9-3 if they get the right trait). Could be too stong, but they don't get a bonus from daylight... Maybe some drawbacks or a buff for mages from other factions too to balance that?
IPS

Post by IPS »

Vyncyn wrote: July 24th, 2023, 7:53 pm Good to know.
I don't personally agree with the changes. Even if it's more balanced, it takes away something special about the undead. And then combined with humans lowered resistance. Only 30% more damage to describe the difference between light hitting a human and holy arcanary burning away the undead. Does not feel right.

Since lots of units use the smallfoot movement, I'll have to keep in in mind though.

Propably gonna settle on 10% for humans and maybe 30-40 for undead.
---------

Tested a bit and currently I think mages are underwhelming. It's easy to win without recruiting any and their use is more the 70% hitchance rather than the rare damage types, especially with all the fire/cold resistances.
Trarashy were supposed to be a mage based faction, so I would like to buff the energy mage to 8-3 (9-3 if they get the right trait). Could be too stong, but they don't get a bonus from daylight... Maybe some drawbacks or a buff for mages from other factions too to balance that?
8-3 for lv1 mage is qiute acceptable, but consider increasing price and decrease HP on lv1 a bit, so they can be real hard hitters. Maybe +1 ranged damage at the cost of +1g and -1 or -2 HP for lv1 Rashy mages.

Lv2 while not being proportionally that strong compared to Lv1, they have the option to keep as fire ranged attacker OR become impact magical ranged mages, which trarashy lacks on melee and which sometimes might be more convenient than keeping fire in the mage unit.

Additionally, time reseracher is a great addition , even if human are very resistant to arcane, in certain cases it's required to deal with units like Rock Golems from mountain tribes.

And yeah, the to 10% res on arcane literally changes significantly my designed balance for "priest" type units, which while featuring same or even lower damage, they oftenly heals, regenerates and have greater base HP than wizards.

Rashy Undead are actually -40% on arcane, which could be changed to -30% later on. Still in compensation, skeletons in your undead varation could be -10% to fire instead of -20% ... which is a very minor alteration, but helps at balancing just a bit. Just to consider if you want to buff arcane or something, exchanging higher arcane weakness for lower fire weakness.

Dead Wose could keep that arcane weakness, idk, it's deadwood afterall :lol: :lol: :lol:

And for next release in 4.32 ageless I have to change a lot of arcane ressistance in units, as human is most likely the most popular race. Still, some have to be changed because certain factions aislated them as a race (example human - holy order) etc.

Lastly, Luz could keep arcane res on 20% on lv2 and lv3, but this means that many of them will become 10% arcane weaker as most human units. Personally, don't change monks , bishop, etc ... acolytes arcane res advancement, appart of having decent HP as mages, they don't feature much (unlike Bishops that illuminates instead of healing).