Rashy Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Re: Rashy Era

Post by Vyncyn »

Uploaded
[base_unit] is most likely guess without looking.
Rangers don't use base unit.
With the new update I removed the shortcut from Sand and Mountain ranger, but left it for the Forest ranger for comparision. LIke I said before, defenses seem to work fine in game, just not in the database.
Yeah, I know that feeling about defenses ending in 5% (such as 55%; 65%; etc) , I only like 65% value because it's almost 2/3 dodge while full 70% is bit too powerful but unit was not fine with just 60% . Never used any other N5% value appart of just 65% at least in my case.
Still feels a little wrong, but I can see the ypoint. Especially for lower defenses where small changes have more impact (like 20% to 25%). Still didn't put it in my last update, but maybe in the next.
Lvl3 are the hardest to balance for me, because I usually play short 1v1 games to playtest instead of campaigns or longer survivals.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Vyncyn wrote: June 25th, 2023, 5:38 am Uploaded
[base_unit] is most likely guess without looking.
Rangers don't use base unit.
With the new update I removed the shortcut from Sand and Mountain ranger, but left it for the Forest ranger for comparision. LIke I said before, defenses seem to work fine in game, just not in the database.
Yeah, I know that feeling about defenses ending in 5% (such as 55%; 65%; etc) , I only like 65% value because it's almost 2/3 dodge while full 70% is bit too powerful but unit was not fine with just 60% . Never used any other N5% value appart of just 65% at least in my case.
Still feels a little wrong, but I can see the ypoint. Especially for lower defenses where small changes have more impact (like 20% to 25%). Still didn't put it in my last update, but maybe in the next.
Lvl3 are the hardest to balance for me, because I usually play short 1v1 games to playtest instead of campaigns or longer survivals.
Well... lv3 balance is subjective, but still there are certain things which I like from 1.18 rebalance while others not. Still will be mentioning about that much later in this post.

Usually I do not have much issues in PVE survival scenarios in early game, but basically because of a lot of experience with ALL ageless factions in scenarios like orocia, I do clearly know which things works as correct (or in the viable margin) while others do over-perform or under-perform, specially in higher level set ups. Usually goals of my changes is making everything in the viable margin (up to B+ or A- tier at least), while usually trying that everything except very specific stuff be at a solid A/S tier.

Thing about rebels is that to be honest, they were quite meh when used in PVE scenarios compared to more solid factions as Loyalist or Knalgan aliance, still I disagree that marksman being 12-5 +marksman is probably an overkill for an unit that only requires 80 XP to get to lv3 (Elyser are 11-5 , which is very strong still) ... while personally 10-5 feels bit too low for what the unit was meant to be in its lore/gamplay context, still champions being 10-5 melee and 9-3 on ranged is way too insane buff ... I feel like that loy halberd/guardsman needs at least some few HP or higher damages to be in the pair of these changes ... at least in base stats gamemode ... because ressistances, movement costs and stuff you can't purchase using XP mod usually helps quite much in many scenarios that their balance depends on XP mod included.

Only thing is that I'm not familarized with this new lv3+ elf balance pattern (in which Elyser and Dark Elves are at, because of being somewhat similar to rebels). I'm aware that lv3 Nighteye is only 10-3 blade and 10-4 pierce +night eye is quite LOW compared to 9-4 & 11-4 from elvish avenger from rebels, but only thng is that dark elves are chaotic units which mean that if increased to 11-4 , that unit would be 14-4 (all times) at night plus 60% marksman in this ToD appart of having strong melee ... but also leaving the benefit for the unit to also be 14-3 on night if having strong trait , but other possitive aspects o Nighteye is the extra bulk (HP) and cold ressist that unit have, also, dark elves have access to delluminates units which means in late game they are allowed to have better damage multipliers in almost any Time of Day.

May I be overrating just the rebels with such changes and not considering very correctly their very low HP and usually being outnumbered. Still I cannot be precise at speculating the upcoming default rebalance, specially in rebels side. Still, I personally think that all factions that are way too similar to them in Rashy Era should have a similar treatment even if default rebels will do.

Btw viewing some dark elf vs rebels 1.18 balance got some ideas to suggest.
- Shadow General HP to 68 (+2) -as much as rebel's marshall in lv3-
- Dark Guard XP to 62 (-3) , price to 25g (-2g) -less costy than rebel's heroes-
Hero XP decreased from 90 to 80, which was the main advantage from Dark Guards over heroes. And for +1 melee damage champions :whistle:
- Crescent Warrior HP to 74 (+2)
- Moon Rider bow damage increase to 9-3 , HP to 64 (+2) , price to 48g (+4g)
- Master Assassin backstab damage increase to 11-3 , price to 65g (+3g)
- Dark Elf summoner fire ressistance to 10% (+10%)
Not highest of all lv3 mages damage, but, being capable to change from lv2 cold to arcane is quite strong fact to consider, as well of being the only arcane caster in faction.

Still it bothers me that Shadow General in lv3 is forced to have leadership advancemen instead of as well having a patch that could allow them to be extraordinary fighters that could overcome/defeat in 1vs1 to elvish champions, but being honest Shadow General is a nice lv3 leadership unit in terms of stats, and increasing their melee damages to 11-4 is insane buff that will not occur.

Other random stuff
- Bone Giant impact/fire weaknesses lowered to 10% (-10%)
They cannot 60% defense, at least more common weaknesses decrease.
- (Maybe?) All lv3 skeletons arcane to -30% (+10%)
Late game lv3 arcane attackers are stronger, this just help just very little at dealing this issue for undead army.
- Amazon Sharpshooter HP to 48 (+2) , now adquires +Bold special
Cannot give chaotic archer 11-5 because that would be insane 14-5 on nights every game XD , but comes from elf like buffs. Also bold in ranged attacker is not as good as in a melee fighter.
- Anaconda HP to 54 (+2)
- Amazon Huntress HP to 65 (+2)
- Regis Pikeman price to 24g (-1g)
- King of the forest HP to 65 (+2)
Requires a tons of XP to be gained.
- Forest Ranger HP to 62 (+2)
- Forest Huntsman HP to 57 (+1)
- Dwarvish Forest Waraxe HP to 72 (+2)
- Luz Arbalist price to 52g (+2)
That's a tons of HP in a lv3 archer.
- Eaglemaster +first-strike in crossbow attack (just to bother a little more xD)

That might be all for now.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Updated.

Defenses should now be correctly displayed in the database.
No firststrike for Eaglemaster, otherwise changes are as suggested (unless i missed something)
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

I started creating script for RE update. Current notes:

1) wmlindent: "./Rashy_Era/Ageless_Era\units\RE_units\undead\Skele_Death_Knight.cfg", line 176: close tag [/unit_type] with indent already zero.
-- doesnt really matter
2) it would be nice to have RPG era factions included
-- generated with script
3) SWAMPSTALK does not cover non-overlay swamp
-- unused so could remove
4) VR_AMLA_ABILITY will not work for +tag events
5) AE_RHY_ABILITY_BOUNTY as unit_type event must have id
-- AE_RHY_RANGE_MENU_ITEM maybe too
6) AE_RHY_WEAPON_SPECIAL_LASTSTRIKE special note has typo
7) AE_RHY_TRAIT_BLOOD_ELVEN help text has line which only has whitespace, should probably be empty
8) #define AE_RHY_TRAIT_UNSLOWABLE_MUSTHAVE # Units with trait Immune cannot be poisoned
9) AE_RHY_APPLY_TRAP looks suspicious
-- less_than_equal_to=$AE_RHY_trap_defender_defense_var+20 is string concat

Meant to push https://github.com/ProditorMagnus/Agele ... 6d30172b31 as branch, but it went to master anyways.

Still left to do: get IPS playtest results.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Updated.
fixed the swampstalk not working
IPS

Post by IPS »

Forgot to mention , but maybe be a right momment to say.

I didn't chech that elyser sharpshooter lv3 in Rashy Era has 55 HP while in default sharpshooter has only 47 HP, maybe HP in sharpshooter should be reconsidered to 52 instead, so it can be (-8 hp) compared to lv3 lowbowman and (-10 hp) compared to lv3 dark elf archer on lv3.

-1 ranged damage in compensation of +5 HP and 10% arcane ressistance seems like a bad deal in non modded game, but much stronger in modded games. Which can be considered fair. Forgot that also I've increased +1 +melee damage as in panic , but the unit clearly does not need the melee damage (or maybe we could keep it) as 12-5 marksman in combination of dexterous (to 13-5) can commonly kill lv1 unit in 3/5 strikes while 12-5 incluiding dexterous in numerable situations will require 4 hits to kill, which is a significant interaction to consider.

Up to you about considering sharpshooter melee damage buff, which is up to you.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Please adjust units id=VRAqM Hoplite and/or id=VRAq Hoplite. They both get converted to AE_rhy_aq_Hoplite and for one faction units the names are confusingly similar. Formally, new_type = "AE_rhy_"+faction+"_" + old_type.split(" ", 1)[-1].replace(" ", "_"). Their only difference is before first space so after prefix removal they are equal.

Some of typo/duplicate https://github.com/ProditorMagnus/Agele ... 6c772b388d are about your units.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Ravana wrote: July 9th, 2023, 4:45 pm Please adjust units id=VRAqM Hoplite and/or id=VRAq Hoplite. They both get converted to AE_rhy_aq_Hoplite and for one faction units the names are confusingly similar. Formally, new_type = "AE_rhy_"+faction+"_" + old_type.split(" ", 1)[-1].replace(" ", "_"). Their only difference is before first space so after prefix removal they are equal.

Some of typo/duplicate https://github.com/ProditorMagnus/Agele ... 6c772b388d are about your units.
Renamed to Aquana Merman Warden (id = VRAqM Warden)
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Dark adept has quick twice in trait pool.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Ravana wrote: July 11th, 2023, 8:13 pm Dark adept has quick twice in trait pool.
Thanks. Replaced it with dexterous.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

I tried schema validation. These cases seemed more important and should be tested if they work.

20230713 19:24:11 error validation: Extra tag [filter]; there may only be 1 [filter] in [event]
at ~add-ons/Ageless_Era/data/RE_data/condition_blur.cfg:57
20230713 19:24:11 error validation: Extra tag [filter_second]; there may only be 1 [filter_second] in [event]
at ~add-ons/Ageless_Era/data/RE_data/condition_blur.cfg:21

20230713 19:24:11 error validation: Invalid key 'movement_type=' in tag [filter]
at ~add-ons/Ageless_Era/data/RE_data/abilities-leadership.cfg:60
20230713 19:25:15 error validation: Invalid key 'side=' in tag [store_unit]
at ~add-ons/Ageless_Era/data/RE_data/abilities_mount.cfg:20
20230713 19:24:10 error validation: Invalid key 'time=' in tag [effect]
at ~add-ons/Ageless_Era/data/RE_data/traits.cfg:334
20230713 19:25:15 error validation: Tag [chance_to_hit] may not be used in [attack]
at ~add-ons/Ageless_Era/data/RE_data/specials-accuracy.cfg:23
included from ~add-ons/Ageless_Era/_main.cfg:67
included from ~add-ons/Ageless_Era/data/_main.cfg:21
included from ~add-ons/Ageless_Era/_main.cfg:91
included from ~add-ons/Ageless_Era/units/RE_units/human-luz/Angel_archer.cfg:39

20230713 19:25:15 error validation: Tag [event] may not be used in [effect]
Event based abilities cant go to effect. I believe it is not ageless-specific bug. Stacktrace is misleading so did not include it, but look amla.cfg

20230713 19:25:16 error validation: Tag [filter] may not be used in [remove_object]
at ~add-ons/Ageless_Era/data/RE_data/condition_drugged.cfg:43
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Ravana wrote: July 13th, 2023, 10:01 pm I tried schema validation. These cases seemed more important and should be tested if they work.

20230713 19:24:11 error validation: Extra tag [filter]; there may only be 1 [filter] in [event]
at ~add-ons/Ageless_Era/data/RE_data/condition_blur.cfg:57
20230713 19:24:11 error validation: Extra tag [filter_second]; there may only be 1 [filter_second] in [event]
at ~add-ons/Ageless_Era/data/RE_data/condition_blur.cfg:21

20230713 19:24:11 error validation: Invalid key 'movement_type=' in tag [filter]
at ~add-ons/Ageless_Era/data/RE_data/abilities-leadership.cfg:60
20230713 19:25:15 error validation: Invalid key 'side=' in tag [store_unit]
at ~add-ons/Ageless_Era/data/RE_data/abilities_mount.cfg:20
20230713 19:24:10 error validation: Invalid key 'time=' in tag [effect]
at ~add-ons/Ageless_Era/data/RE_data/traits.cfg:334
20230713 19:25:15 error validation: Tag [chance_to_hit] may not be used in [attack]
at ~add-ons/Ageless_Era/data/RE_data/specials-accuracy.cfg:23
included from ~add-ons/Ageless_Era/_main.cfg:67
included from ~add-ons/Ageless_Era/data/_main.cfg:21
included from ~add-ons/Ageless_Era/_main.cfg:91
included from ~add-ons/Ageless_Era/units/RE_units/human-luz/Angel_archer.cfg:39

20230713 19:25:15 error validation: Tag [event] may not be used in [effect]
Event based abilities cant go to effect. I believe it is not ageless-specific bug. Stacktrace is misleading so did not include it, but look amla.cfg

20230713 19:25:16 error validation: Tag [filter] may not be used in [remove_object]
at ~add-ons/Ageless_Era/data/RE_data/condition_drugged.cfg:43
Thank you :D .
- blur seems to be working fine. Changed it anyway and it still works.
- horse lord did filter correctly. I changed it to [filter_wml] for undead_variation=mounted. Works as intended now.
- did not see any problems with mount ability. Still put side in the [filter] rather than [store_unit]
- "time" -> "times" in trait.cfg
- yeah, angel archer didn't have [specials]. Fixed that.
- Found no issue in amla. maybe a unit uses [event] somewhere. My code is a bit of a mess, so it's hard to find out.
- removed [filter] form [remove_object]
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Amla issue is in /units/human-forest/f2_trapper.cfg: {VR_AMLA_ABILITY bounty "sell the trophies" {VR_ABILITY_BOUNTY} (icons/coins_copper.png)}

It can seem to work if there is another unit or global event setting up bounty events already.
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Nice, thanks again.
Put the bounty event into the global event loader.

Ability works. Not sure if the error in your script is gone too.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

If event is available that is good enough. EoMa has similar reports which I will ignore in the future. (there solved by creating dummy unit type at start of game which has all abilities needed later)