The Reign of the Lords

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sehun4

Re: The Reign of the Lords

Post by Sehun4 »

Hi
I am someone who plays this game very rarely over 10 years, and until now I just found out that it has a very good community with mods and campaigns.
Among all the mods out there, ROTL is my favorite, Great work from the guy behind it. Greetings from Mexico.
One question, with what campaign is better to drisfutar this era? so that we all have units of the mod. :D :D
ChrundleTheGreat

Post by ChrundleTheGreat »

(disfrutar=enjoy)
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Sehun4 wrote: September 20th, 2023, 1:28 am Hi
I am someone who plays this game very rarely over 10 years, and until now I just found out that it has a very good community with mods and campaigns.
Among all the mods out there, ROTL is my favorite, Great work from the guy behind it. Greetings from Mexico.
One question, with what campaign is better to drisfutar this era? so that we all have units of the mod. :D :D
Thank you for the kind words Sehun4! Of the mainline campaigns Northern Rebirth has always been a favorite of mine and perhaps Heir to the Throne one of the better since it has many different types of units you play with.
newfrenchy83
Code Contributor

Post by newfrenchy83 »

you could use

Code: Select all

#define INSPIRE_COMMON DESCRIPTION
    [leadership]
        id=inspire
        value="(10 * (level - other.level + 1))"
        cumulative=no
        name= _ "inspire"
        description={DESCRIPTION}
        affect_self=no
        [affect_adjacent]
            [filter]
                formula="level <= other.level"
            [/filter]
        [/affect_adjacent]
    [/leadership]
#enddef

#define ABILITY_INSPIRE_LEVEL_1
    {INSPIRE_COMMON (_ "This unit can inspire own L0 or L1 units that are next to it, making them fight better. Adjacent own units of L1 will do 10% more damage; L0 units will do 20% more.")}
#enddef

#define ABILITY_INSPIRE_LEVEL_2
    {INSPIRE_COMMON (_ "This unit can inspire own L0, L1, or L2 units that are next to it, making them fight better. Adjacent own units of L2 will do more 10% more damage; L1 units will do 20% more, and L0 will do 30% more.")}
#enddef

#define ABILITY_INSPIRE_LEVEL_3
    {INSPIRE_COMMON (_ "This unit can inspire own L0, L1, L2, or L3 units that are next to it, making them fight better. Adjacent own units of L3 will do more 10% more damage; L2 units will do 20% more, L1 will do 30% more, and L0 units will do 40% more.")}
#enddef

#define ABILITY_INSPIRE_LEVEL_4
    {INSPIRE_COMMON (_ "This unit can inspire own L0, L1, L2, L3, and L4 units that are next to it, making them fight better. Adjacent own units of Level 4 will fight with 10% more damage, L3 will do more 20% more damage; L2 units will do 30% more, L1 will do 40% more, and L0 units will do 50% more.")}
#enddef

#define ABILITY_INSPIRE_LEVEL_5
    {INSPIRE_COMMON ( _ "This unit can inspire own L0, L1, L2, L3,L4 and L5 units that are next to it, making them fight better. Adjacent own units of Level 4 will fight with 10% more damage, L3 will do more 20% more damage; L2 units will do 30% more, L1 will do 40% more, and L0 units will do 50% more.")}
#enddef
instead write code for each leadership
newfrenchy83
Code Contributor

Post by newfrenchy83 »

and for wesnoth 1.18 you could use that:

Code: Select all

#define ABILITY_MAGICAL_LEADERSHIP
    [chance_to_hit]
        id=ROLmagic_leadership
        name= _ "mystical"
        female_name= _ "female^mystical"
        description= _ "This unit grants magic to all ranged attacks of all adjacent allies."
        value=70
        cumulative=no
        overwrite_specials=one_side
        [overwrite]
            [filter_specials]
                value=0-100
                cumulative=yes
            [/filter_specials]
        [/overwrite]
        affect_self=no
        affect_allies=yes
        [affect_adjacent]
        [/affect_adjacent]
    [/chance_to_hit]
#enddef
and use this ability who was mentioned only.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

newfrenchy83 wrote: October 23rd, 2023, 4:21 pm and for wesnoth 1.18 you could use that:
Hey newfrenchy83! This is a good idea. The code for this abilities is quite old so needs to be updated for 1.17 and 18! :D
newfrenchy83
Code Contributor

Post by newfrenchy83 »

for formation abilitiy don't forget to change ability=formation to ability=rol_formation in utbs_abilities.cfg else don't work
newfrenchy83
Code Contributor

Post by newfrenchy83 »

i put here copy of Rotl munus image with some change (inspire, mystical leadership)
Reign_of_the_Lords - 1.zip
(512.76 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
and fix tab
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

newfrenchy83 wrote: October 28th, 2023, 6:40 pm i put here copy of Rotl munus image with some change (inspire, mystical leadership)Reign_of_the_Lords - 1.zip and fix tab
Awesome that's super helpful, thank you so much!! :D May I ask what abilities you modded so I can make sure to test them all properly before releasing!
newfrenchy83
Code Contributor

Post by newfrenchy83 »

the abilities changed are only inspire (abilities.cfg line 569), ABILITY_MAGICAL_LEADERSHIP line 624 and ROL_ABILITY_FORMATION (utbs_abilities.cfg line 167) as well as changing tabs to space in cfg files. Could you tell me which unit_type to implement ABILITY_MAGICAL_LEADERSHIP if you have an idea?
Verbatov

Post by Verbatov »

@The_Gnat Hi! You're finally back :) Are you going to develop this mod further? Just don't disappear for a year again :D
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Verbatov wrote: October 30th, 2023, 1:31 pm @The_Gnat Hi! You're finally back :) Are you going to develop this mod further? Just don't disappear for a year again :D
To be honest, I actually have asked for someone to volenteer to maintain the mod now (see a few posts ago). I am back but I know I don't have enough time to do justice for the mod. However, I really appreciate all the support and have had some contributions by a few people for code which has been great.
newfrenchy83 wrote: October 29th, 2023, 1:10 pm the abilities changed are only inspire (abilities.cfg line 569), ABILITY_MAGICAL_LEADERSHIP line 624 and ROL_ABILITY_FORMATION (utbs_abilities.cfg line 167) as well as changing tabs to space in cfg files. Could you tell me which unit_type to implement ABILITY_MAGICAL_LEADERSHIP if you have an idea?
Awesome! I will test next weekend and then put an update out! This is compatible with 1.16 or only 1.17+?
newfrenchy83
Code Contributor

Post by newfrenchy83 »

inspie and formation are compatible with 1.16 but ABILITY_MAGICAL_LEADERSHIP with 1.17.22 and later only.(https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/comm ... 2d46bd58c2)
Verbatov

Post by Verbatov »

To be honest, I actually have asked for someone to volenteer to maintain the mod now (see a few posts ago). I am back but I know I don't have enough time to do justice for the mod. However, I really appreciate all the support and have had some contributions by a few people for code which has been great.
If I can help in any way, please let me know. I also request that the mod be also developed for the old version of the game, if possible. The new version of the game does not have many mods that are in the old one, as I mentioned a year ago.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

newfrenchy83 wrote: November 3rd, 2023, 11:47 am inspie and formation are compatible with 1.16 but ABILITY_MAGICAL_LEADERSHIP with 1.17.22 and later only.(https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/comm ... 2d46bd58c2)
Okay thank you!!! :D
Verbatov wrote: November 8th, 2023, 1:55 am If I can help in any way, please let me know. I also request that the mod be also developed for the old version of the game, if possible. The new version of the game does not have many mods that are in the old one, as I mentioned a year ago.
You are honestly more than welcome to. If you want new units to be added let me know. Regarding old versions of the game I don't think I will do any work on versions before 1.14. But I will continue to update the 1.14 game when I have time! 8)