Afterlife -- survival and race maps

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: Afterlife -- survival and race maps

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Hello,

I keep getting this error on starting Afterlife Race/Lava

Code: Select all

20220614 17:38:42 error scripting/lua: [string "-- utils_afterlife..."]:200: variable 'bonustile' must be assigned before being used
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function '.error'
	lua/ilua.lua:138: in metamethod 'index'
	[string "-- utils_afterlife..."]:200: in field 'scroll_terrain_down'
	[string "-- utils_afterlife..."]:239: in field 'h'
	lua/on_event.lua:19: in function <lua/on_event.lua:12>
Not sure if dependency missing or not. There was no dependency listed so I just downloaded Afterlife.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
vasya
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by vasya »

Hi @Lord-Knightmare! That's strange; definitely doesn't happen to me. I wonder how that could've happen as I think I saw other people playing this map as well.

Regardless, I tried to make a change in Afterlife to make this functionality "safer". Could you try it out? I think it might fix the problem you're observing. Please tell if you'll try it out :)
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

vasya wrote: June 15th, 2022, 7:28 am Hi @Lord-Knightmare! That's strange; definitely doesn't happen to me. I wonder how that could've happen as I think I saw other people playing this map as well.

Regardless, I tried to make a change in Afterlife to make this functionality "safer". Could you try it out? I think it might fix the problem you're observing. Please tell if you'll try it out :)
I still got this error after updating, for both 1.16.3 and 1.17.4+dev.

Surprisingly, the error did not show once the modification "BonusTile" was installed and enabled. Thus, I suggest you add it as a dependency and require_modication, because otherwise, the error message will persist.
vasya
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by vasya »

What is the version of the addon and the new error you're getting? (afterlife version I mean)
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

vasya wrote: June 15th, 2022, 6:13 pm What is the version of the addon and the new error you're getting? (afterlife version I mean)
latest version

the error is the same is the one I reported. It didn't go away.
vasya
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by vasya »

Hey @Lord-Knightmare, I've made another attempt at fixing the issue. Could you take a look?

Cheers :)
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

vasya wrote: July 10th, 2022, 5:00 pm Hey @Lord-Knightmare, I've made another attempt at fixing the issue. Could you take a look?

Cheers :)
Yes, Whatever patch you did, fixed it.
vasya
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by vasya »

@Lord-Knightmare, Yay, nice! Thanks for confirming
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

One of my fave scenarios. But sometimes the AI attacks the next wave while it is still stoned? (greyed out)
vasya
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by vasya »

@Atreides actually the most recent version of Afterlife doesn't have this anymore. The attack should get aborted. The "ratings bot" version needs to adopt the new change though, but that needs to be relayed in the author's platform.. (I'm not the author of the ratings bot.)
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

What thing is in question?
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
vasya
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by vasya »

@dwarfthough, aborting a combat between normal units and the copied ones while they are grayed out. This improves the experience of AI (or your own) units dying against copies, especially berserkers. (Although it also prevents strategies to get 1-3 XP if you stand close to the copies at end of your turn.)
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

vasya wrote: July 12th, 2022, 6:36 pm @Atreides actually the most recent version of Afterlife doesn't have this anymore. The attack should get aborted. The "ratings bot" version needs to adopt the new change though, but that needs to be relayed in the author's platform.. (I'm not the author of the ratings bot.)
Oh cool. It didn't come up in a recent game so I didn't notice the change. Glad to hear it's gotten even better. Why this scenario isn't in mainline is a puzzle to me.