The Ulfserker.

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Belwar

Post by Belwar »

the cost effectiveness of the gryfons are definately true. THEY ARE OVER PRICED; however i believe that the ranged units of the dwarfs need to be improved before any change of the rest the the faction can be decided.
Bivrip!!

plese do not yell at me for any misspelled errors!
Jkun

Post by Jkun »

If you're fighting Loyalists or Rebels, having a flying force is a huge advantage. Other times it's still useful to be able to cross water, or keep up with the bastardly drake gliders.
Belwar

Post by Belwar »

i never said that they weren't useful, infact i love to use them but i hate building them because of the fact that thier 25 gold and their attack isn't that good. the efects that they do have such as gathering villages faster and preforming hit and run attacks but i would rather have better ranged units provided first, and then work on the costliness of the gryffons.
Bivrip!!

Assasin

Post by Assasin »

The "gryfons" are easier to fix then add a whole different unit string. They should be done first.

But it is a given that we want a better Dwarvish ranged unit. Maybe you should try to draw one Belwar.
I speak what's on my mind.

Which is why nothing I say makes sense.
Belwar

Post by Belwar »

i dont have the software but i know that you do so why dont you
Bivrip!!

Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Assasin wrote:But it is a given that we want a better Dwarvish ranged unit.
Give the Thunderer fire, and all will be well.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Elvish Pillager wrote:
Assasin wrote:But it is a given that we want a better Dwarvish ranged unit.
Give the Thunderer fire, and all will be well.
Agreed. That would be EXCELLENT. :)
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

Doc Paterson wrote:
Elvish Pillager wrote: Give the Thunderer fire, and all will be well.
Agreed. That would be EXCELLENT. :)
That would be GREAT.
Big Bad Joe

Post by Big Bad Joe »

But that does not solve the total uselesness of ulf right now. Ulf is much worse that it was before all this balancing came. I know who is here to blame for killing the fun from this unique unit :? .
Just bored..
Elvish_Pillager

Big Bad Joe wrote:But that does not solve the total uselesness of ulf right now.
I don't think we need to solve a problem that doesn't exist. If anything, the Ulfserker still needs to be toned down, although I haven't played CVS, so I don't really know how effective the recent changes are.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Big Bad Joe

Post by Big Bad Joe »

TONED DOWN?? Without resistances he is not able to kill elvish archer surely, I am not speaking about fighters or special units, such as troll whelp. All Knals ( except Criminals) are just overpriced useless units, I have been on MP server yeasterday and nobody wnts to play with them, if somebody get them by random - it is considered very unlucky...
Just bored..
Elvish_Pillager

Good. The Ulfserker is about balanced now, then.

Now, we need the improvements: Decrement the Fighter's cost and give Fire to the Thunderer.

EDIT: I forgot to mention. I'm heading over to the multiplayer server to try them out, having forgotten the that 0.9.1 already has the resistance decrease.

EDIT II: The Thug/serker strategy seems to still be effective, although its effectiveness is now merely "reasonable" rather than "overpowered".