Marbus’s Escape

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: Marbus’s Escape

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Replays Part 3: I picked "Blood of Elves" initially, but it bugged out (since I think it depends on the side 2 leader surviving but he got wrecked by Nightgaunts)
ME-Blood of Elves.gz
(34.14 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
Bug in The Battle of Five Armies: The unit "King Wilhelm the Iron Hand" is supposed to be essential but he has no hero icon to point that out.

I will probably play the other ending sometime later as Blood of Elves's last leader seems bugged.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
White_Drag0n

Post by White_Drag0n »

Thanks for your insight. Have you played the campaign on the latest version? I believe I've fixed the endings last patch, and they should work fine by now.

I'm not sure if Run of The Wolves will stay engaging enough if less opponents provide zone control. I feel like this scenario hits 50/50, as it provides gameplay quite a bit standing out from the regular BfW scenarios gameflow and might not be intuitive for many people. The thing to keep in mind is that playing around zone control, especially spreading your units out so that they can't get surrounded is crucial to beating the scenario. And at times, you need to sacrifice a unit of yours too. Perhaps I could consider disabling zone control, or giving wolves the skirmisher ability for the easiest difficulty, but for challenging and upwards I believe that the scenario should, in fact, be somehow challenging.
White_Drag0n

Post by White_Drag0n »

As for the Lost in the snow scenario, it has some underlying issues and I consider remaking this scenario altogether, but I really, really, should be writing my paper right now instead of dabbling into BfW. :eng: That being said, I cannot quite reproduce your issue? I've loaded your savefile, and by turn 5, he's still alive and kicking, unthreatened I would say, even:

Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

White_Drag0n wrote: January 14th, 2022, 11:40 am As for the Lost in the snow scenario, it has some underlying issues and I consider remaking this scenario altogether, but I really, really, should be writing my paper right now instead of dabbling into BfW. :eng: That being said, I cannot quite reproduce your issue? I've loaded your savefile, and by turn 5, he's still alive and kicking, unthreatened I would say, even:

In my case, he rushed out and got Chocoboned up his bum. If you know what I mean...Either that or a shadow backstab attacked him as soon as he left his encampment keep.
Have you played the campaign on the latest version? I believe I've fixed the endings last patch, and they should work fine by now.
I have the latest version but Blood of Elves still bugged out. It's probably because of the unstoring of a non-existent variable. Since that Jarl who is being unstored died during the battle at the mountain of destiny.
White_Drag0n

Post by White_Drag0n »

I will take a look into it later today or next week. There are fallbacks provided so that in case the unit cannot be unstored, it gets replaced by a spare general. They most likely stopped working in 1.16, as truth to be told, I'm still ironing out things that used to work but don't anymore.

As for the scenario, I see the leader running out of his camp into the 30% cover area of snow as something - although unlucky - honestly quite likely, too. I might tune their AI to either stand in one place (not preferred), or move, but avoid bad terrain at all cost. With that, I believe the possibility of his death wouldn't be of any concern, as although human units aren't well suited against undead (end neither are elven), they fulfill their role as cannon fodder and allow the leader to be rescued quite safely.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

ME-The Change of Fate replay 20220115-020310.gz
(97.01 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
Finished one of the epilogues, I guess. So, I have to say, this campaign is very well done in terms of story. There are some bugs with it, but yeah...very good campaign overall. I hope i can play the other ending.

Anyways: I noticed another bug in Gjallarhorn: All my units are loyal, but the upkeep was showing as -3...which meant that one of the hero/loyals are still charging upkeep.
Spoiler:
White_Drag0n

Post by White_Drag0n »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: January 14th, 2022, 8:11 pm
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

White_Drag0n wrote: January 11th, 2022, 10:38 pm
Rendy55 wrote: December 25th, 2021, 5:56 am Hi in this scenario at beginning darkness appear and then scenario ends by victory message.
Hello,
I've uploaded a bugfix of the problem you described to the add-on list. Feel free to download it and restart the scenario so that it works correctly.

Cheers!
Thanks i have played that scenario recently and it worked without problems
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

I seem to have a version 1.4.0 installed on 1.17 (wesnoth), but there is a version 1.1.2 on the server. Is that intentional, or is there a wrong numbering?
Elizer

Post by Elizer »

Yo I managed to "win" the last scenario of Destiny Variation, all enemies defeated the main character are alive and there is no end of turns, there is no limit...
I haven't used scammers, just think :hmm: