Drake Pillagers

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Drake Pillager
Location: Everywhere you imagine, nowhere you can possibly think.

Drake Pillagers

Post by Drake Pillager »

Oh golly, I had like a really nifty idea for drakes; Because drakes are like almost the only faction without a mount and so I was like; why not have the drakes ride wolves or something, Or perhaps just ride something and have them like wield torches; Because drakes really need a melee fire attack as they're the true fire faction =) And so I was like; Hey why not make a Drake pillager with a torch and net, But like; the net would burn, Because drakes need fire range so it's like a fire net, And it slows because it's a net =) So it'd be a very unique unit, Thought it's not necessary that it rides something as long as it's called a Drake Pillager because that's like Oh so golly cool, Yeah?

ps I'm willing to make graphics for it myself if that'd be a problem =)

I like drakes.
I am the king.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Hmm. I don't really think so... the Drakes are a bit unbalanced as it is.
This whole post is an April Fools' joke. I'm not really taking this idea seriously.
However, this idea might be good for factional variety. It would have to be level 1 to have a real influence, though. Perhaps it could replace the Clasher.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
drachefly

Post by drachefly »

You're doing the same things over again... let them ride super-fast snails.

As for the flaming net, let it be a melee attack which gives the enemy the right to remain silent (it's a dragonet).
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Why does neo feel the need to use an alias?
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

YOU LIE!
Herkum

Post by Herkum »

It is good to see Neoriceisgood back and participating. His ideas are certainly missed...

:D
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Herkum wrote:It is good to see Neoriceisgood back and participating. His ideas are certainly missed...

yes... 'missed'.... heh heh heh... :P
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
Elvish_Pillager

That explains why Drake Pillager was imitating me!

And neorice's ideas haven't been missed, since they only have a 20% chance to be missed in open terrain and 40% chance maximum. :P

Also:
Elvish Pillager wrote:Hmm. I don't really think so... the Drakes are a bit unbalanced as it is.
This whole post is an April Fools' joke. I'm not really taking this idea seriously.
However, this idea might be good for factional variety. It would have to be level 1 to have a real influence, though. Perhaps it could replace the Clasher.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

turin wrote:
Herkum wrote:It is good to see Neoriceisgood back and participating. His ideas are certainly missed...

yes... 'missed'.... heh heh heh... :P
:irritated: *smack*

Be nice, turin. I would really rather that I did not have to make the level-3 drake flyer and slasher myself. If neo is never going to make them, I will have to.

----------

OTOH, on the topic of drake units with fire melee. What I didn't like about the old drake mage was that it wasn't a drake mage. It was a drake pretending to be a human mage. He dressed up in a costume for the part, no less - a robe and a wand.

If we were going to have a drake mage, I think it should be a drake that can channel fire through his palms, and that has far better than normal control over the fire he breathes from his mouth.

I would say - a non-magical fire-based melee attack ( with a name like "searing palm", and either a magical or marksman ranged fire attack, which is not strong, but makes up for it in its accuracy. And make it expensive.

Just a thought. I'd much rather we made the drake tree taller (e.g. level 3 for everyone) before we make it wider.
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

I'm willing to do it as long as someone else animates; I don't have alot of free time (Which is the main reason I left wesnoth) However now there suddenly seems to be alot of interest in a large amount of my work; Which means I've got hand.
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Here's the first addition I find necessary, Third level advancements for the Drake Clasher; This guy is like the only drake that still somewhat resembles it's original design so it's rather akward that of all drakes he never got a third advancement; So I made two designs for both the slasher and gladiator's third form:

I'm not sure what the Gladiator's third advancement name should be; I'm thinking of something like Nefarious Drake or another synonim for http://thesaurus.reference.com/search?q=diabolic being wicked; It's status would resemble that of the Drake Gladiator itself with the overal extra points in attacks; however his big advantage over the other branches and levels of the Clasher is that he finally gains the ability to fly (Hence the large wings) appart from that he's mostly just an ordinary advancement of the Gladiator.

The advancement for the Drake Slasher would be called something like "Drake Guard" or something with a similar meaning http://thesaurus.reference.com/search?q=guard and his main mechanics is being one tough cookie, His attack value etc. barely raise, And he doesn't gain any extra abilities like flight- however- the huge amount of armor he's wearing gives him extra protection against all non-magical attack manners making him like, Drake's awnser to heavy defenders in other factions; Though his biggest disadvantage lies in that his cold defence is still minimal meaning that things like Dark Adepts(?) can easily outdo him if they manage to get a shot at him in ranged attack.
Attachments
draketree.png
draketree.png (8.54 KiB) Viewed 5304 times
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Looks good. Wait, he gains wings? Huh?

Oh, ok, so all of the clasher line has wings... is the idea that they are just too heavy for them to be useful? that's kind of cool... like the ostrich of drakes...

It seems Gladiator should go to something related to Gladiating (or whatever the verb is). Gladiator -> Nefarious is rather... odd.
The World of Orbivm
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Yeah I know, But any synonim for Gladiator implied for fist wrestling; So that didn't work out that well.
Elvish_Pillager

Neoriceisgood wrote:Here's the first addition I find necessary, Third level advancements for the Drake Clasher;
They're cool looking.

As for names, I suggest Drake Cataphract for the Slasher advancement (A cataphract was a suit of Ancient Roman armor) and Drake Warmonger for the Gladiator advancement.
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

Drake Warmonger would be good for the gladiator advancement, but I would have Guard or High Guard for the Slasher advancement, because a cataphract is actually a horse-mounted heavy warrior, called a cataphract because the horse is armored along with the rider.
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom