A Song of the Winds (prequel to The Dragon Trilogy, SP Campaign for 1.14 & 1.15)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: A Song of the Winds (prequel to The Dragon Trilogy, SP Campaign for 1.14 & 1.15)

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

I'm at "the final age", up to this point I've managed to get around the problem by not ending up as Sekmet, but at this point it's impossible, and the next scenario without Hathor isn't playable, then I'm stuck and really hooked on the story, and I can't see the end!
Never confront the Asuri thingy before the Windsong puzzle part is done. Otherwise it will break.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
ursine

Re: A Song of the Winds (prequel to The Dragon Trilogy, SP Campaign for 1.14 & 1.15)

Post by ursine »

I also have a problem in Convergence with not getting Hathor nor Abhai. Really unfortunate because I really like this campaign...
Eric143

Post by Eric143 »

I'm playing again this campaign in 1.16 (and hard) - thank you for porting it on this version, by the way!

I will refer to the bugs I found previously (viewtopic.php?p=670900#p670900) and use spoilers. I'm currently at scenario 27.
Spoiler:
I hope this will help.

Thank you again for this campaign!
Attachments
ASotW-Beyond the Horizon.gz
(99.16 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
ASotW-Savannah Winds.gz
(94.88 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
If you don't hear anything behind you, then a child - or a cat - is doing some foolish thing. Either that, or a Ninja is sneaking behind you. I wonder which one is worse.
MTF_alfa_158

Post by MTF_alfa_158 »

Alas,im here to declare my frustration again. Don't get me wrong,his campaings are nice,very well written with a deep intriguing lore that makes you want to play more and more,but they're broken. I haven't played the dragon saga yet,decided to start with the prequel first,and just like soldier of wesnoth where a certain character doesn't trigger an event and you can't keep playing because well,it will make no sense,since he won't the present on future maps. I could have fixed it myself,but i don't know how to mess around with coding so yeah,had to abandon it. Now,song of the winds has something similar,but easily fixed with debug. On the scenario valley of shadows,after you defeat every enemy well,the scenario don't end. I turned debug on and fog off,waited for the daytime cause some enemy's were nightstalkers,created another enemy,killed it,waited a few more turns,and nothing. Luckily,you can use debug to skip to the next scenario with the "N" command. Still,it sucks,since we can very well find similar bugs in the future parts of the campaing and on his other campaigns and be stuck for not knowing how to mess around coding so yeah,pretty lame,if that happen's you won't know the ending. (For any gramatical error,i apologize,im brazilian)
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

MTF_alfa_158 wrote: May 18th, 2023, 12:26 pm Alas,im here to declare my frustration again. Don't get me wrong,his campaings are nice,very well written with a deep intriguing lore that makes you want to play more and more,but they're broken. I haven't played the dragon saga yet,decided to start with the prequel first,and just like soldier of wesnoth where a certain character doesn't trigger an event and you can't keep playing because well,it will make no sense,since he won't the present on future maps. I could have fixed it myself,but i don't know how to mess around with coding so yeah,had to abandon it. Now,song of the winds has something similar,but easily fixed with debug. On the scenario valley of shadows,after you defeat every enemy well,the scenario don't end. I turned debug on and fog off,waited for the daytime cause some enemy's were nightstalkers,created another enemy,killed it,waited a few more turns,and nothing. Luckily,you can use debug to skip to the next scenario with the "N" command. Still,it sucks,since we can very well find similar bugs in the future parts of the campaing and on his other campaigns and be stuck for not knowing how to mess around coding so yeah,pretty lame,if that happen's you won't know the ending. (For any gramatical error,i apologize,im brazilian)
Didn't I literally reply to you, giving you a way to fix that bug in Soldier of Wesnoth? :hmm:
For A Song of the Winds you need to be play on 1.16, as 1.14 hasn't been supported for years.
Eric143

Post by Eric143 »

I report another little bug and a way to correct it.
Spoiler:
If you don't hear anything behind you, then a child - or a cat - is doing some foolish thing. Either that, or a Ninja is sneaking behind you. I wonder which one is worse.
Sprintes

Post by Sprintes »

I can't get past the dark of the sun scenario
Imigollets

Post by Imigollets »

I found a bug playing today on the map Island of the Sun.

Hathor did not appear at the begining of the map. And after the dialogue with the King, I couldn't leave the room and the game show me the error:

[unstore_unit]: variable 'hathy_swim_stored' doesn't exist

Campaing Version: 1.0.4.13
Wesnoth Version: 1.16.10 x86_64
astthark

Post by astthark »

any chance we get another amazing campaing or may be another outstanding trilogy? man i played your trilogy about 10 times, it is the best trilogy every in wesnoth, not ever one other campaign aproachs the level of your trilogy, tx of the botton of my heart for the excelent work, and please one more, or 3 more
Danelo

Post by Danelo »

I have a question, I started playing this campaign and I really liked it, I'm going through the mission Dark Part of the Sun 1 and here comes the question
Is it normal that Hathor and Deinara do not return to their normal skin? I mean they never take their weapons and armor again, they stay in their swimsuits, is this normal? Because I don't think it's very smart to assault an elf fort without weapons xd
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

At long last, back to this.

Storm's Landfall
not in opposing -> not on opposing

The High Kalian (and so on)
I'm supposed to pick 8 of my veterans, and it's said that I'll be losing access to those I don't. In the following scenarios I noticed that I kept my Heralds, Rune Forgers, and my Farstrider anyway. (Those are all lvl 3 units, but not all the lvl3 units I left behind.)

Ssyuriss Fen
Objectives don't update after completing the alternative objective.
Viriathus needs a silver crown.

Sparks to the Winds
not in those -> not on these
One of the enemy leaders is 'Varkan Ohn'. Which hapens to be the same enemy leader from the previous scenario, who was 100% killed. Rename them?

The scenario ends before the boss fight if all enemy leaders on the map have been defeated. I think it should instead trigger the boss fight or the scenario should simply not be over.

Lua bug after defeating the enemy boss:

Code: Select all

error scripting/lua: lua/wml-tags.lua:796: bad argument #1 to 'on_board' (location expected, got string)
stack traceback:
	[C]: in method 'on_board'
	lua/wml-tags.lua:796: in local 'cmd'
	lua/wml-utils.lua:144: in field 'handle_event_commands'
	lua/wml-flow.lua:19: in local 'cmd'
	lua/wml-utils.lua:144: in field 'handle_event_commands'
	lua/wml-flow.lua:5: in function <lua/wml-flow.lua:4>
shall be excellent allies" -> shall be excellent allies."

There is a bonus objective of freeing all slaves, and some of them joining your team. Due to the race tag of the merfolk being 'merman' instead, all my potential merfolk allies are removed instead of added to my side.

Code: Select all

[kill]
                                side=6
                                [not]
                                    race=merfolk   #should be merman or it won't work
                                [/not]
                            [/kill]
Gamebreaking bug:
Hathor disappears at the end of 'Sparks to the Winds', which obviously very much breaks the game. It's probably a bug with unstoring Hathor if you win a scenario while she is transformed. On the other hand, that sort of makes it worse, as that's something that can happen in every scenario.

Dark of the Sun, part II
Sunna needs a silver crown.

Nightfall
You can get an Elvish Ranger. It should be an Elvish Sun Ranger instead.
Fun fact: It is an Elvish Sun Ranger, but this unit is called an Elvish Ranger for no reason I can discern.

Savannah Winds
Something about the ruin investigation event doesn't work. It automatically completes on turn 3.

At the Crossroads of Time and Space
theHeretic -> the Heretic

The alternative objectives replace each other when they become available instead of being added to the list of objectives.

The Weaving Hall objective doesn't work, the runes glow and all that, the units talk, but it doesn't seem to affect any teleporters.
Another problem with the Weaving Hall is that it calls for Arbiter/Librarians, but Librarians don't work. (Apparently there are two variations of Librarians, the normal one (which you have in this campaign), and the 'Windsong Librarian'. The objective works with the Arbiter (of which there is only one version) and the 'Windsong Librarian', which you do not have.)

Item: Bow of Neith -> A problem I only noticed way too late, if the unit carrying this item levels into a unit with a weapon special on their bow, the item is removed. Same thing when the item is given to a unit with a weapon special on their bow. :(

Herald of the Winds
Abhai has still access to his Farstrider and Librarian units. (Windsongs)

Fields of Fire
I suddenly can recruit Windsong again (that should not be the case).

Fields of Fire
windsongvet.PNG
Happens when the reinforcements arrive. I can properly recall them though.

Convergence
It looks like Maat has duplicate attacks, likely something about trying to carry over her old attacks to her new unit type?
Also, same kind of bug for Maats recalls as for the Windsong recalls in Fields of Fire. Recalls are there though.

Falling Heavens
Vercyn -> Aryon
(There is no Vercyn in this scenario, and Aryon, a relevant unit, is not listed in the defeat conditions.)

I finished the campaign. :o
Overall, sometimes recruit or recall lists were not properly seperated according to the leaders.

Time to get back to the War of the Jewel.
Attachments
ASotW-At the Crossroads of Time and Space Turn 45.gz
Librarian bug
(422.04 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
ASotW-Sparks to the Winds replay 20240110-171401.gz
Hathor going AWOL
(118.76 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
ASotW-Sparks to the Winds Turn 14.gz
Killing that enemy leader ends the scenario too early
(203.01 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
ASotW-The High Kalian of Hiera'Shirsha replay 20240101-231321.gz
My recalls I'm supposed to keep