Get rid of steadfast.

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

js138

Get rid of steadfast.

Post by js138 »

Radical, I know, but I'm really starting to dislike it.

Dwarvish guardsmen, in particular (how often do we see the merman hoplite anyway?)

A unit which can when it chooses fight for normal damage, yet can defensively stick to half damage most of the time (which on a village can be a long time). Ick.

You could get much the same effect by doubling the resistances and halving the unit's attack stats, and it would be a true defensive unit without this sudden charge-like ability to do normal damage. (heck if you gave such a unit charge it _would_ be more or less identical to what we have).

The dwarvish cavalryguardsman meme strikes again. (Yes I also think the guardsman now has too much movement)

Just my 2p (and to start debate hopefully)
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

What do you think of reducing Steadfast's effect from 50% to 30%?
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Elvish Pillager wrote:What do you think of reducing Steadfast's effect from 50% to 30%?
It would be good. Although I think 25% might be even better. Most specialties do stuff in increments of 25%, after all. :)

Hm... since knalgans seem very unbalanced, I'm going to leave off developing my dwarf campaign until they're a bit better...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
js138

Post by js138 »

It would be an improvement, reducing the %age.

The alternative would be that if steadfast is being employed, the unit doesn't fight back at all, since it's spending all it's time defending. I like this less tho, since a couple of steadfast units and a village are still very difficult to shift.