A Hidden War - SP - TDM Project

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ysolde

Re: A Hidden War - SP - TDM Project

Post by Ysolde »

Hello there,

I had exactly the same problem as above, with the drake making the game crash.
Also completing the 3 parts did not gave any laurel on the campaigns page. (edit : in fact I had it only for the first part)
Nice story, anyway, I'm looking forward to knowing more in the next parts...
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Sadaharu wrote: July 21st, 2023, 12:52 am
Ysolde wrote: October 8th, 2023, 6:04 pm Hello there,

Also completing the 3 parts did not gave any laurel on the campaigns page. (edit : in fact I had it only for the first part)

I just finished playing the three episodes of the campaign. I took some notes.

Episode III
There's a problem with the unit ‘Krash’ the loyal drake.
Whenever Krash moves onto an unwalkable tile (lava or empty, whichever) the game freezes for a few seconds and then crashes to desktop. In all scenarios where he appears (episode III).

Episode II

14_The Mines
the only objective mentioned is to stand on all runes, but I won by killing all leaders, which isn't mentioned.
I have to apologize since I was very busy to look after the bug about Krash. Still, I played the campaign today (using debug most of time) but I didn't notice any screen freezing or a wml problem at all (I mean about Krash precisely)
I m playing it on Windows 10 with version TBW 1.16.9.
Can anyone of you send me a saved compatible file ?
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Here. Just move Krash onto the lava a few tiles to the left.
Attachments
AHW3-29 The Central Hall-Auto-Save2.gz
(78.08 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Sadaharu wrote: November 2nd, 2023, 1:46 am Here. Just move Krash onto the lava a few tiles to the left.
:o :shock:
Well, this is ... wiered !
I have never seen such bug :lol: he is actually there and his data is OK but his image left at the last walkable place.
I think this bug is related to his standing anime but I m not sure how.
I will try to change his unit_type data but I have no clues about what is going on
Edit
I found the reason. It was obvious although the phenomenon itself is new for me. Unfortunately, you will need to begin the campaign to make it work after I update the version.
But before I do thus, I will get ride of some other bugs since I m here anyway
Edit 2: fixed and updated both the resources file and the campaign
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

I tried it again last night and some times, at random, if I moved Krash onto a lava tile right next to a normal tile then there'd be an invisible Krash on the lava tile and _also_ a visible Krash on the land tile next to it.

In any case, what was the reason for the crash?
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Sadaharu wrote: November 2nd, 2023, 4:34 pm I tried it again last night and some times, at random, if I moved Krash onto a lava tile right next to a normal tile then there'd be an invisible Krash on the lava tile and _also_ a visible Krash on the land tile next to it.

In any case, what was the reason for the crash?
I fixed it now but you need to update both the campaign and the resources files from the server.
Well, it was a typo in the standing anime over unwalkable terrain (you may find it if you opened the file of the unit type). I made a standing anime macro without an image into it and with a bad starting time
JNI

Post by JNI »

I am stuck on the Crown of Light scenario in Hidden War 2. I need advice please:-)
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

JNI wrote: November 11th, 2023, 3:14 am I am stuck on the Crown of Light scenario in Hidden War 2. I need advice please:-)
Hi. Sorry for being late. The scenario is somehow difficult (I admit it) if your question is how to win it then
Spoiler:
If something else, you need to specify it
JNI

Post by JNI »

Hi Hidden War II scenario- the Unknown- there seems to be no leader to fight and time just runs out. Also when I tried to recruit drake nobleman it took my money but no nobleman appeared. thx
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

JNI wrote: November 15th, 2023, 12:22 am Hi Hidden War II scenario- the Unknown- there seems to be no leader to fight and time just runs out.
Hi. I am glad that you already had walked that far with the heroes. Congratulations (as I said, it is not an easy campaigns).
Those scenarios are like a cave. Each chamber have its own mission. If you already did the mission, you can use the chamber just to move to another one
Spoiler:
(which mean that if you already killed the guardian leader there, you will not found him when you enter the next time and you can head through the transition point to visit another area.
BUT if it is the first time you enter, then it is a bug so check your history of scenarios and tell me.
Also when I tried to recruit drake nobleman it took my money but no nobleman appeared. thx
Sorry, I thought I fixed this bug. If you are familiar with wml coding, You can go to the unit file (the dark master Ressources -> units -> kehshakar drakes -> noble) and defeat the wml about the standing anime (the unit is there but due to the bug, it have no image at all. Not even a hp green line). If not, then u have to wait to the next update
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

By the way, as far as I remember, the Objectives never said that you have to kill the enemies leader ^_^
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Ysolde wrote: October 8th, 2023, 6:04 pm Hi,there
Hi.
Sorry for being too late. I thought I quoted you already but ... my memory. I m really sorry (I didn't intend to ignore you. Believe me.)
I am very happy to know that someone already finished this trilogy. A hard mission I have to say. Congratulations. For the noble ligne bug, I thought I fixed it but it seems that either I didn't completely do it or that the player need to begin the game again for the update take place..
For the rest of events, there a sequel (the second strife (but only part one. Still it is a good one) )and a prequel (the dark elves: the return). Both are part of the dark master project continuity.
For the laurels, I really don't know why. I had the same thing long ago but I believe it's related to the wesnoth engine itself