1.18 Saurian Campaign, Vendraxis Prophecy

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Refumee

Re: Vendraxis Prophecy, 1.16, Saurian Campaign

Post by Refumee »

Thank you very much Konrad2 for all your feedback :)
My Campaign feels a lot better now.
holypaladin

Post by holypaladin »

Looks rather good. Very interesting for me were the new saurian units I only have caveats for the undead types. I think they should be rather from undead race than saurian and their sounds also should be more like undead. Good luck!
„Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam"
littledragon

About scenario one

Post by littledragon »

So in scenario on I skipped through the opening dialogue because it felt a bit long and like characters were saying things just to have something to say. It feels just a bit annoying to have "this is a test" repeated three times. I'd also appreciate it if the stated victory condition in "objectives" was a bit more specific. What, exactly, do I need to do to finish the hunt? Granted not everyone will open that tab to see what they need to do after missing most of the details because they skimmed the dialogue which is what I did but I'd still appreciate something clearer like "defeat all enemy units" or "kill all animals". I did have fun playing the scenario which is arguably the most important thing so that's good. The animal enemies were also quite interesting to fight against, especially with,
Spoiler:
Looking forward to playing more of the campaign.
Refumee

Post by Refumee »

@holypaladin I will introduce it when 1.17 drops. That's a good hint to change the sound files.

@littledragon I'll check the dialogue. Maybe I can shorten it. I wanted to introduce the two main characters. I'll change the objective description.

Every little feedback helps me a lot. Thank you :)

P.S. the changes will not be that quick like in the past. Nowadays I'm a bit busy sadly.
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Refumee wrote: November 28th, 2023, 6:53 pm @holypaladin I will introduce it when 1.17 drops. That's a good hint to change the sound files.

@littledragon I'll check the dialogue. Maybe I can shorten it. I wanted to introduce the two main characters. I'll change the objective description.

Every little feedback helps me a lot. Thank you :)

P.S. the changes will not be that quick like in the past. Nowadays I'm a bit busy sadly.
Just to say: I only managed to read the files and I really liked your works. Good work 👏 🙌 👍
Refumee

Post by Refumee »

New Update is up.
Changed the sound files for the ghost skirmisher, changed the objective description for S01, all Saurian undeads are now of race undead.
Refumee

Re: Vendraxis Prophecy, 1.16/1.17, Saurian Campaign

Post by Refumee »

Ported the Campaign to Wesnoth Version 1.17. The only real difference is the library. I grouped up all the subfactions.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Would like to point out that you uploaded it to the 1.18 server instead of the 1.17 server.
Refumee

Post by Refumee »

Oh? Where can I see that? I downloaded the Wesnoth Version 1.17.26 and then connected to the add-on server.

Edit: found it (Server Stable 1.18 (Wesnoth Version 1.17.26–1.18.x))
Refumee

Re: Vendraxis Prophecy, 1.16/1.18, Saurian Campaign

Post by Refumee »

Updated the Campaign.

I added Achievements and new dialog (nothing special) with help of AI.
Several Bugfixes what I found while testing, as well new bugs (fixed) with the new version.
bssarkar
Developer

Proofread version of scenario 1

Post by bssarkar »

I've attached a corrected version of scenario 1 and the _main.cfg with this. I think you will greatly benefit from having a good spellchecker. Also, please read inside Scenario 1, I've found one dialog weird which I've marked with comments (along with my reasoning). You can use a Diff tool like meld to check what I've changed.
(Don't get disheartened please, it looks like a good campaign. Most of them are only typos.)
Attachments
_main.cfg
(9.28 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
01_Practice_in_the_Swamps.cfg
(6.22 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
Refumee

Post by Refumee »

Thank you for the correction of the main.cfg. There was a major bug via porting to 1.17.26.

You mean a spellchecker like Word?
Maybe there is a spellchecker for Notepad++.
I'll check that later.

To your S01 comment:
### Zanza knows what is a test, but she doesn't know what's an 'exam'? Why?
### Besides, IMO 'I'm not prepared for an exam' and 'what is an exam?' contradict.
### The first implies that she already knows what an 'exam' means. -- LumiousE
Zanza doesn't know what an exam is, but she tries to sounds like a educated saurian "like the augurs". In the end she asks Anexir what that word exactly means.
I can still change it. For me it made sense.

And you asked on Dicord for the description of the server.pbl:
description="I created an small saurian campaign with 8 scenarios, based on a prophecy from a saurian soothsayer called Vendraxis. He is know for the campaign Secret of the Ancients. I also added an Era with deep-saurians a independet saurian faction for tests.
I used winmerge to see the difference of the documents.
bssarkar
Developer

Post by bssarkar »

Zanza doesn't know what an exam is, but she tries to sounds like a educated saurian "like the augurs". In the end she asks Anexir what that word exactly means.
I can still change it. For me it made sense.
I just suggested an idea. Whether you change it or not is your choice. :)

Corrected :
description="I created an small saurian campaign with 8 scenarios, based on a prophecy from a saurian soothsayer called Vendraxis. He is known from the campaign, Secret of the Ancients. I also added an Era with deep-saurians as an independent saurian faction for tests.
bssarkar
Developer

Post by bssarkar »

You mean a spellchecker like Word?
Maybe there is a spellchecker for Notepad++.
I'll check that later.
Anything that can find wrongly spelt English words and punctuation mistakes. In Linux I use gedit's spellcheck plugin, which probably uses something like aspell or hunspell. (If you end up using Word, make sure your cfg file doesn't get corrupted. Exporting as plain text utf-8 should do it.)
Last edited by bssarkar on March 8th, 2024, 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
bssarkar
Developer

Post by bssarkar »

Scenario 1 : Seemed fine. The player can probably get away by spamming ranged units (young saurian not needed), since all the units the Scorpion recruits are melee.
Perhaps this can be reworded :
Zanza has just finished her exam and succeeded
like this :
Zanza has just succeeded in her exam
Unit art for Saurian Wise is missing. See the screenshot.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2024-03-08 13-00-37.png
Screenshot from 2024-03-08 13-00-37.png (37.03 KiB) Viewed 2339 times
VP-Hunting Practice replay 20240308-131556_LumiousE.gz
(16.84 KiB) Downloaded 26 times