Journey of a Frost Mage

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

bssarkar
Developer

Re: Journey of a Frost Mage

Post by bssarkar »

white_haired_uncle wrote: October 23rd, 2023, 2:46 pm When Erinna takes an AMLA, she only heals if she takes +HP or Aqua Mage?
Yes. Supposed to be that way. I will add a message to the AMLA.
Is Aqua Mage really supposed to have 70MP?
7 MP, yes, supposed to be that. Too fast?
Edit : Ahhh, there's a typo! 7, not 70.
Long Road objectives still broke, say move to the tree after you move to the tree.
Sorry, there are so many objectives, I forget them. Will fix it.
Edit : There's an objective defined there. You have to move the Scholar (Lorendor) to the Great tree. Other units won't work.
Last edited by bssarkar on October 23rd, 2023, 3:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Straff

Post by Straff »

bssarkar wrote: October 23rd, 2023, 3:20 pm
Is Aqua Mage really supposed to have 70MP?
What is MP? Do you mean HP?
MP means movepoints.
bssarkar
Developer

Post by bssarkar »

Bravd wrote: October 23rd, 2023, 12:52 pm As for the lady aqua mage, the reduction will be good. I think she is alway overpowered, but let see what you prepared after that :D.
Heros are supposed to be overpowered. 8)
What I have seen a lot and that is nice, is to :
after each lvl, the required xp go up by 10 or 15% and add more ALMA lvl. Actually on hard you fight lvl 2 or 3 unit. So you gain plenty XP.
She should have more xp requirement for starter on hard.
XP will be increased.
Bravd wrote: October 23rd, 2023, 12:52 pm As the elvish sorceress sorry if I don't name it. I'm french and my game is in this language. When i'm writting, i know the french name, but i forgot the english name.
Elvish sorceress can evolve into : sylphide or high sorceresse. But high sorceresse > sylphide. you got more damage in all aspect. Who care for magical ranged touch in a wizard :D ? , and also high support ability. She is lacking in speed, but given her support ability, she will join your ground based unit.

Having both heal and commang is really strong.
Okay, leadership will be removed, since she is already a good fighter + healer.
bssarkar
Developer

Post by bssarkar »

Straff wrote: October 23rd, 2023, 3:24 pm MP means movepoints.
Oops, my mistake. I will edit the previous post.
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

bssarkar wrote: October 23rd, 2023, 3:20 pm
Edit : There's an objective defined there. You have to move the Scholar (Lorendor) to the Great tree. Other units won't work.
Okay, I must have moved my Captain (who looks a lot like Lorendor).

But there's still some work needed on the objectives:

1) If you don't move Lorendor to the tree, you can still just move to the signpost for the win.

2) If you do move him to the tree, the objs say there's an early finish bonus for defeating the undead. There's an early finish bonus no matter what you do (skip undead, defeat undead, defeat only undead leader). Darn small, though.

3) If you do move him to the tree, the objs say "defeat the undeads". Defeating the leader is enough.

4) When you defeat the undead leader, the objectives change and say 40% carry over bonus. First of all, this is not true. Second, the bonus is originally 100%, so if you did make it 40% that's a penalty for achieving the objectives.

The scenario with the river and the wose: Objs say move unit V and unit M next to E, but you only have to move M (leaving V trapped).
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
bssarkar
Developer

Post by bssarkar »

white_haired_uncle wrote: October 23rd, 2023, 4:47 pm But there's still some work needed on the objectives:

1) If you don't move Lorendor to the tree, you can still just move to the signpost for the win.

2) If you do move him to the tree, the objs say there's an early finish bonus for defeating the undead. There's an early finish bonus no matter what you do (skip undead, defeat undead, defeat only undead leader). Darn small, though.

3) If you do move him to the tree, the objs say "defeat the undeads". Defeating the leader is enough.

4) When you defeat the undead leader, the objectives change and say 40% carry over bonus. First of all, this is not true. Second, the bonus is originally 100%, so if you did make it 40% that's a penalty for achieving the objectives.
I will try to fix it. My understanding with early finish bonus stuff is still bad. Thanks for pointing it out in detail. (Edit : Now the player must go to the tree and defeat the undeads, and finally go to the post to win. Carryover gold is now added to the next scenario's gold.)
white_haired_uncle wrote: October 23rd, 2023, 4:47 pm The scenario with the river and the wose: Objs say move unit V and unit M next to E, but you only have to move M (leaving V trapped).
I will see what can be done. Best would probably to auto-move V (the Portal Mage) below the river once M moves down. I added a message, but guess that's not enough. (Edit : Units will be automoved below river now)

Edit : New version 0.9.4 updated to the server. Please update to it.
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

You should add a first_time_only=no to the moveto 14-15,1 event in really long road. If the player makes it to the signpost without doing the other stuff first the event will disappear and victory cannot be achieved.

Also, it looks like Erinna can trigger the signpost event, but that's not what the objs say.
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
bssarkar
Developer

Post by bssarkar »

white_haired_uncle wrote: October 24th, 2023, 4:27 pm You should add a first_time_only=no to the moveto 14-15,1 event in really long road. If the player makes it to the signpost without doing the other stuff first the event will disappear and victory cannot be achieved.
Okay!
white_haired_uncle wrote: October 24th, 2023, 4:27 pm Also, it looks like Erinna can trigger the signpost event, but that's not what the objs say.
Will fix it.

Edit : New version 0.9.4.1 uploaded.
bssarkar
Developer

Version 0.10.0 out

Post by bssarkar »

Version 0.10.1 updated on the server.
Contains :
1. New Scenario 8 (beta)
2. AMLAs for Erinna/Advancement for Lorendor
3. Music tracks added.

Big thanks to all playtesters! This campaign wouldn't have grown up without your feedback and support.
Bravd

Post by Bravd »

Hello

in the big forest scenario where you fought bandit, troll & undead. After you go to the tree and take the buff. If you have an unit advance to the next level, this unit will loose the buff (arcane damage).

The academy scenario is interesting. Since there is a lot of land, if you move your water unit in the south edge of the map. The naga will go onto the land and will be destroyed by elves. Maybe you can had a river there, or some kind of swamp. But if you do so, reduce the gold that the naga start with (80% of the amounter should be right)
bssarkar
Developer

Post by bssarkar »

Bravd wrote: November 3rd, 2023, 12:38 am in the big forest scenario where you fought bandit, troll & undead. After you go to the tree and take the buff. If you have an unit advance to the next level, this unit will loose the buff (arcane damage).
I will add a message. Since at level 3 the unit is going to be much stronger anyway, so losing the buff can be justified. Meanwhile if I manage to add that, I'll remove the message. Main difficulty is the coding.

Bravd wrote: November 3rd, 2023, 12:38 am The academy scenario is interesting. Since there is a lot of land, if you move your water unit in the south edge of the map. The naga will go onto the land and will be destroyed by elves. Maybe you can had a river there, or some kind of swamp. But if you do so, reduce the gold that the naga start with (80% of the amounter should be right)
I will think on it, thanks!

Did you reach the last scenario (8) yet? What are your opinions on it?
Bravd

Post by Bravd »

bssarkar wrote: November 3rd, 2023, 8:35 am
Bravd wrote: November 3rd, 2023, 12:38 am in the big forest scenario where you fought bandit, troll & undead. After you go to the tree and take the buff. If you have an unit advance to the next level, this unit will loose the buff (arcane damage).
I will add a message. Since at level 3 the unit is going to be much stronger anyway, so losing the buff can be justified. Meanwhile if I manage to add that, I'll remove the message. Main difficulty is the coding.

I understand that, but it also happend when lvl 1 unit goes lvl 2
Bravd wrote: November 3rd, 2023, 12:38 am The academy scenario is interesting. Since there is a lot of land, if you move your water unit in the south edge of the map. The naga will go onto the land and will be destroyed by elves. Maybe you can had a river there, or some kind of swamp. But if you do so, reduce the gold that the naga start with (80% of the amounter should be right)
I will think on it, thanks!

Did you reach the last scenario (8) yet? What are your opinions on it?
I diden't reach the last scenario yet. I'm stuck in the one after the academy (dark hour). Once again ,ennemy got way too much gold and lvl 3 undead.

At turn 6, i had to face :
21 orcs (6 of them got poison). I need to run from them until i have cleared the poison one. If I don't, i will have way too few HP
23 undead (5 chocobone). Chocobone are the second greteast undead unit. First being the ancient lich. They got charge ability, double damage, good hp and strong resistance against spear. Since the scenario isen't really big, they are sure to hit me at night. That mean i have to take something like 30 hp per hit (2 shot my lvl 2 unit and oneshot some of my lvl 1 unit).
There is also a lot of ghoul (tank & poison). lvl 3 ghost (high damage + drain)

The water allies aren't usefull since there is not way to them to go onto the land. I used them as bait to slow the chocobone, but there is too much unit to win this.
Also my starting gold are : 200 gold for elves + 130 gold for water unit

I don't know where my allies are gonna show up, but i think I will be dead by this time.

Let me give you a few hint :
A) When the map is really straight (like the dark hour one), don't give too much gold. The player will face a big clash and nothing after. Instead add more village and give them to the cpu side first. Or give them more gold per turn. The downside of this may come for the grinding.

B) the number of turn is important because it will give the player an indication about what he must doe. With 16 turn (4 days), it mean that he must survive at all cost or rush. if it's 50 turn, he will think he have to kill all. You can add some turn after a special objectiv have been done

C) When giving out gold, it's important to check the distance and team between each lord. most of the foot unit will move 5 tiles at best. And you have to wait for the slower one most of the time. In the dark hour scenario, orc & undead A will reach my camp in 5 turn. And 6 for undead B. That mean i'm going to face them all in the same time. If I run for one of them, this won't make much difference since they are also close to 5 turn of each others.

D) Undead are hard to face since they take less damage from sword & bow. Shamans are strong only after lvl 2, but only at range. And they are hard to train until lvl 2. The alamy unit need to be lvl 3 + 2 advacement before they have weapon to kill undead. drake are great damage dealer but are also weak against ghost, chocobone and banebone

Maybe you coul do a bigger map for the dark hour scenario. And as for the factions :
Orcs could be at the south of the map. Maybe some trolls could help. The orcs slave found more power to kill those elves. at the north edge, you could have some nage who came back, and wish to attack from the sea. They could be there to take revenge with their new allies (undead and orcs). And at last, the undead leader who is more powerfull, but also far from you. He is there to supervise the two other faction. And you face him latter when you defetead the others.
Bravd

Post by Bravd »

The scenario 8 is buged, it end before you could move an unit
bssarkar
Developer

Post by bssarkar »

Bravd wrote: November 3rd, 2023, 1:58 pm The scenario 8 is buged, it end before you could move an unit
I have uploaded a new version. See if it works now.

As for your previous post, I have reduced the gold for enemies by about 200. Also, there is an indication on the objectives as to when the help is supposed to arrive. Please check it out.

I have added swampy area to the northeast of scenario 4 map, but I don't know if that's enough. Naga gold is reduced by 100.

I have also read you entire feedback and will use it if I rebalance the scenario. Thank!
Bravd

Post by Bravd »

bssarkar wrote: November 4th, 2023, 6:50 am
Bravd wrote: November 3rd, 2023, 1:58 pm The scenario 8 is buged, it end before you could move an unit
I have uploaded a new version. See if it works now.

As for your previous post, I have reduced the gold for enemies by about 200. Also, there is an indication on the objectives as to when the help is supposed to arrive. Please check it out.

I have added swampy area to the northeast of scenario 4 map, but I don't know if that's enough. Naga gold is reduced by 100.

I have also read you entire feedback and will use it if I rebalance the scenario. Thank!
I did update, but after they speak, the marker is shown and i got a defeat screen