[interface] Virtual expansion of attacks panel in gui

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
white_haired_uncle

[interface] Virtual expansion of attacks panel in gui

Post by white_haired_uncle »

On the lower right of the main gui, under the unit are the unit's attacks. In some UMC, they have more attacks than will display in the available area. Since there's really no room for a scrollbar, how about a pair of up/down arrows (one of each set to inactive at the top/bottom of the list, both set to inactive or simply invisible when not needed)?

LotI has it's own Unit Information message which allows you to see a lot of this attack info, but it doesn't have the popups and the additional detail which I find very informative. I was starting to flesh out a plan to convert this to a gui so I could add them, but realized that work was already done, and much better than I would come up with, it just doesn't all fit on the screen.

I'm not sure if the arrows would only scroll through the attacks, or all provided unit info. If there were also left and right arrows, they (and therefore the up/down) should apply to all unit info (so you could see things like status and abilities when they don't fit the screen, though the popup and ... do provide some help, if there's not too much info -- an issue for another thread).

Thanks
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.