Liberty campaign overhaul/ missing scenarios?

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

darkwolf218

Liberty campaign overhaul/ missing scenarios?

Post by darkwolf218 »

I was just wondering if anyone knew what happened to the old campaign "Liberty"? It used to be significantly better, with a couple more scenarios and much better dialogue/storyline.

I played it a couple weeks ago, and it was normal. I tried to play it on hard mode today, and it's completely different.

Are the cut scenarios still avaliable somewhere? The one where the bandits/outlaws hid in the woods and attacked the Queen's patrol was my favorite, but it's been completely removed from the campaign and game files.
ZIM

Re: Liberty campaign overhaul/ missing scenarios?

Post by ZIM »

darkwolf218 wrote: September 16th, 2023, 9:50 am I was just wondering if anyone knew what happened to the old campaign "Liberty"? It used to be significantly better, with a couple more scenarios and much better dialogue/storyline.

I played it a couple weeks ago, and it was normal. I tried to play it on hard mode today, and it's completely different.

Are the cut scenarios still avaliable somewhere? The one where the bandits/outlaws hid in the woods and attacked the Queen's patrol was my favorite, but it's been completely removed from the campaign and game files.
It's still available in older version of Wesnoth, you can access it in the game's Github repository. In the latest version, the scenario where you fought undeads in the Grey Woods is merged with the one where you attack the Queen's Patrol.