TDM Project: Political and Ethnologic map of Far north

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

hermestrismi

TDM Project: Political and Ethnologic map of Far north

Post by hermestrismi »

The Dark Master Project (Ressources Beta)
Since I finished with this area, I think it is better to make a recapitalization of its population (races) and major places.

Campaigns that have interest in the area:

Eternal Kingdom EK
The Return of the Legions TRotL (except book III)
Ascendancy Asc
Tale of a Prince Tale
(I have another campaign in mind bur it is far from being finished)
Major Lands:
I will avoid speaking about known area and races like standard Orcs and Elves.
* Lania:
Wild Elves with a minority of Frost Elves and some little presence of Trolls..
politics: between war and collaboration with Dragis, Orces and Haag Trolls. Conflicts with the Ogres and Steppe-Orcs. peace and Collaboration with Free-cities confederation and Elves.
* Dragis:
Frost Elves with minority of Wild Elves, Orces and Undead.
politics: between war and collaboration with Lania, Orces and Haag Trolls. Extereme Conflicts with the Ogres and Steppe-Orcs. Peace and Collaboration with Free-cities confederation and Elves
* Free-cities:
A confederation of 3 big cities and some smaller settlements, populated by humans (Casicans: human sub-race) and civilized Orcs with minorities of many other races.
politics; free trading areas, good relations with all other regions except Ogres and Steppe-Orcs (They were once slaved by the Ogres and the Steppe-Oces). Good relation with Elves, Elynia's sectarian and considered the ancestors of Shithens.
* Valley of Light:
A little hidden valley was protected by Elynia (a great Sorceress) but now is a Wild region populated by all kind of magical beings of the region since believed to hide a secret source of holy magic.
politics: was the exile for Elynia than the Casicans for a short period both. No real politic representation.
* Haag Mountains:
Haag Trolls principally with a minority of Deep Elves, Ag Trolls and some other races.
politics: Contradictory to Ag Trolls, Haag-Trolls are very peaceful but very territorial. Smart with even some genius level leaders. This make them feared and avoided by other races except for mineral traders.
Good relations with Thelien Elves, Dragis, Free-cities and Swamp of Desolation Undead leader. Conflict with Deep Elves, Ag-Trolls (means the ordinary mainline Trolls) and Humans.
* Free-Folks area:
Between Misty Forest and Green Forest. Populated by Humans then became a temporary refugee for Shithens (Humans who chose to escape far south after being kept slaves by Steppe-Orcs and Ogres' Kingdom. Unlike Casicans, they chose to return to a region close to Wesnoth).
Mostly populated by Shithens, Outlaws and Peasants, outcast Elves and Dwarves, ...
Politics: no politic representation. The area control was always in the hand of the powerful neighbor but usually not for long.
* Swap of Desolation:
Shared between Undead and Saurians with a temporal minority of Nagas and Frost Merfolks.
politics :
between war and peace between Undeads and Saurians (collaboration only when they face an external threat), conflict then peace treat with Orcs and Elves.
* Wild Steppe:
(I don't have a campaign about this region but it is mentioned many times in some campaigns)
Shared between Ogres Kingdom, Wild Ogres and Steppe-Orcs. Humans and Orcs are present as slaves .
politics: hated by most other people. Constant wars with Kehshakar Drakes and Minotaurs, with Free-cities Confederation, with High-Elves, Frost-Elves, Wild-Elves. Only some pragmatic temporal treat with Deep-Elves and Ag-Trolls.
Attachments
Area_01-01
Area_01-01