Informations about Malifor

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

holypaladin

Informations about Malifor

Post by holypaladin »

I saw we don't have much informations about Malifor, powerful lich from Northern Rebith. If I understood well Abhai says that he is a former Wesfolk mage that came with Haldric to Great Continent and turned into a lich. When he started conquering the north and how much of caves was under his control? Campaning "Birth of a lich" complicates a bit by showing Malifor as a man living during rule of Garard II, that's interesting way but I think it's another thing to think about :D
„Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam"
ZIM

Re: Informations about Malifor

Post by ZIM »

holypaladin wrote: November 11th, 2023, 7:52 pm I saw we don't have much informations about Malifor, powerful lich from Northern Rebith. If I understood well Abhai says that he is a former Wesfolk mage that came with Haldric to Great Continent and turned into a lich. When he started conquering the north and how much of caves was under his control? Campaning "Birth of a lich" complicates a bit by showing Malifor as a man living during rule of Garard II, that's interesting way but I think it's another thing to think about :D
Actually, Malifor's backstory as a former Wesfolk mage is introduced at 1.14 if i remember correctly, before that he doesn't have any story whatsoever, and the campaign Birth of A Lich is released before that, so it's the creator's attempt to introduce a backstory for Malifor.
holypaladin

Re: Informations about Malifor

Post by holypaladin »

ZIM wrote: November 12th, 2023, 11:42 am
holypaladin wrote: November 11th, 2023, 7:52 pm I saw we don't have much informations about Malifor, powerful lich from Northern Rebith. If I understood well Abhai says that he is a former Wesfolk mage that came with Haldric to Great Continent and turned into a lich. When he started conquering the north and how much of caves was under his control? Campaning "Birth of a lich" complicates a bit by showing Malifor as a man living during rule of Garard II, that's interesting way but I think it's another thing to think about :D
Actually, Malifor's backstory as a former Wesfolk mage is introduced at 1.14 if i remember correctly, before that he doesn't have any story whatsoever, and the campaign Birth of A Lich is released before that, so it's the creator's attempt to introduce a backstory for Malifor.
Thanks for explanation ;) As for me both stories looks no bad but Malifor as Wesfolk mage would be more "ancient" :lol:
„Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam"