the hammer of thursagan

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

topher1968

the hammer of thursagan

Post by topher1968 »

I've been playing the above mention scenario and by the time I reached the end, I can't beat it. I watched some youtube videos and they have Mag's How is that possible? i never saw a chance to get one.
topher1968

Re: the hammer of thursagan

Post by topher1968 »

anyone?
Spannerbag

Post by Spannerbag »

topher1968 wrote: November 15th, 2023, 6:56 pmanyone?
I'd allow at least a day or so for responses, people have to find and read your query then take time out to reply.
Errrr... you said I watched some youtube videos and they have Mag's How is that possible? i never saw a chance to get one.
What do you mean by Mag's?
Mages perhaps?
It'd also be handy to know which version of BfW you're using.

I've not played this campaign for ages so don't know how it's changed for 1.16 (if at all) but I don't recall earlier versions including Mages.

You could always ask someone to post a replay (preferably for your version of Wesnoth and whatever difficulty you were playing) and you could have a look at how other people have beat it?

It might also be that you don't have enough higher level units, again the replays will show you what sort of recall roster to aim to have by the time you reach the final scenario.

Good luck!

Cheers!
-- Spannerbag
SP Campaigns: After EI (v1.14) Leafsea Burning (v1.17, v1.16)
I suspect the universe is simpler than we think and stranger than we can know.
Also, I fear that beyond a certain point more intelligence does not necessarily benefit a species...
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

Spannerbag wrote: November 15th, 2023, 11:26 pm I've not played this campaign for ages so don't know how it's changed for 1.16 (if at all) but I don't recall earlier versions including Mages.
It was definitely possible to recruit mages in earlier versions; however, I believe this has changed in 1.16 and there are no mages any more.
Spannerbag

Post by Spannerbag »

gnombat wrote: November 16th, 2023, 4:20 am
Spannerbag wrote: November 15th, 2023, 11:26 pm I've not played this campaign for ages so don't know how it's changed for 1.16 (if at all) but I don't recall earlier versions including Mages.
It was definitely possible to recruit mages in earlier versions; however, I believe this has changed in 1.16 and there are no mages any more.
Oh yeah... I remember now (too ******* late)... there was the winter pass scenario or similar where a red mage was hiding in a village... the next scenario involved drakes vs mages... completely forgotten about that :roll:

Cheers!
-- Spannerbag
SP Campaigns: After EI (v1.14) Leafsea Burning (v1.17, v1.16)
I suspect the universe is simpler than we think and stranger than we can know.
Also, I fear that beyond a certain point more intelligence does not necessarily benefit a species...
topher1968

Post by topher1968 »

Thank you, I will have to go back to the winter pass. I barely made it through that part and didn't have time to search the villages.
topher1968

Post by topher1968 »

I am playing 1.16.10 version.
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

topher1968 wrote: November 16th, 2023, 2:39 pm Thank you, I will have to go back to the winter pass. I barely made it through that part and didn't have time to search the villages.
But if you're playing on version 1.16, the mage is no longer there... It's only older versions (Wesnoth 1.14 or earlier) that have the mage in one of the villages.
topher1968

Post by topher1968 »

Thank you for the clarification. Prior to this thread, I didn't know there were other versions.
holypaladin

Post by holypaladin »

topher1968 wrote: November 15th, 2023, 6:30 pm I've been playing the above mention scenario and by the time I reached the end, I can't beat it. I watched some youtube videos and they have Mag's How is that possible? i never saw a chance to get one.
Recently campaining was very changed and many scenarios deleted, other simplified. Mages also disappeared so they're no more in newest versions
„Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam"
GudrunHelga

Post by GudrunHelga »

It seems like there might be some confusion regarding the term "Mag's." It's possible that "Mages" was intended instead. Additionally, knowing the specific version of Battle for Wesnoth (BfW) being played could be helpful for troubleshooting. Replays from others might provide insight into strategies for beating the campaign, and assessing your recall roster could also be beneficial.