Cash Tournament

Moderator: Forum Moderators

VikingChieftain

Cash Tournament

Post by VikingChieftain »

I would like to organize a cash tournament that gives 40% to the developers, half to the winners, and 10% for admin fee.

Has that been tried before as a fundraising source? How did it go?

Do any developers or others have any advice about how to do this? Are there existing platforms I could use to organize the tournament under that are respected and above the board?

I have been playing this game on and off since around 2010. It’s a part of my childhood and adolescence and it deserves a stronger PVP community. It feels almost like an abstract game focused really on comparing the strategic and tactical prowess of the competitors, like chess or go.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: Cash Tournament

Post by Pentarctagon »

It hasn't been done before as far as I know. Our official stance is that Wesnoth isn't secure enough against cheating for tournaments with monetary rewards to be worth it (see viewtopic.php?t=24277#w0mp), but you can of course do it anyway if you want to.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Skyend

Re: Cash Tournament

Post by Skyend »

Pentarctagon wrote: January 11th, 2024, 9:55 pm Our official stance is that Wesnoth isn't secure enough against cheating for tournaments with monetary rewards to be worth it.
As cheating would bee enough help when you face a pro. lol

And known pros wouldn't cheat.