[Solved] Problem to upload

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
lhybrideur

[Solved] Problem to upload

Post by lhybrideur »

Hi everyone,
I was trying to upload the new version of my add-on (Loti_Era) and I cannot as I get a "bad passphrase" error.
I tried deleting it but get the same answer.

I recently changed my forum password, so I think it might be related. I unfortunately do not have my old password anymore.
I temporarily uploaded it under another name (LotI_Modification) but would rather be able to keep the download count.
Attachments
Deleting
Deleting
Uploading
Uploading
Last edited by lhybrideur on February 6th, 2024, 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lhybrideur

Re: Problem to upload

Post by lhybrideur »

So case solved.
Here is the explanation.
Since 1.13, when you upload a new add-on, you are prompted for a password. Unless you specified forum_auth=yes in _server.pbl, this is not the forum password (my mistake), but a password specific to the add-on, which as the same function as the passphrase in older versions, but is not stored on the computer but on the add-on server. This means you do not have access to it and it is not stored on your computer. There is no way to recover it if you lose it (I did).
The good practice is therefore either to do the old way and add a passphrase=something in your server.pbl or to add forum_auth=yes in your _server.pbl.

Thanks to Pentarctagon and celticminstrel for figuring out what was the problem.