Changing Mal Ravanal Stats

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
JoeGeneric

Changing Mal Ravanal Stats

Post by JoeGeneric »

I was recently playing eastern invasion and it seems that Mal Ravanal is a unique unit, a lich lord. However the lich lord is just a copy paste of the ancient lich. I’d say that changing the portrait, description, or both would be a good idea. Otherwise I think that Mal Ravanal should be changed to an ancient lich so we don’t have two units with the same portrait, stats, and sprite.
Dalas120
Developer

Re: Changing Mal Ravanal Stats

Post by Dalas120 »

I agree, that's a good suggestion.Wait a month and give it another try! EI has a big rework in the upcoming 1.18 release version, including some cool new goodies for Mal-Ravanal.
JoeGeneric

Post by JoeGeneric »

That’s cool, is it going to be a whole new lv 4/5 unit or a rework of the lich lord unit. If it’s a new unit I think the current lich lord unit would work great for jevyn as he is a lich lord after all.
shevegen

Post by shevegen »

What actually is a lich lord, as opposed to a lich? Is that some kind of mega-lich
boss?
JoeGeneric

Post by JoeGeneric »

Lich lord refers to powerful lich on the green isle although the unit isn’t used for the green isle lichs.
Dalas120
Developer

Post by Dalas120 »

JoeGeneric wrote: February 24th, 2024, 4:35 am That’s cool, is it going to be a whole new lv 4/5 unit or a rework of the lich lord unit. If it’s a new unit I think the current lich lord unit would work great for jevyn as he is a lich lord after all.
"Lich lord" itself is based on the ancient lich, and the new Mal-Ravanal is as well. But he gets some cool new abilities that have more strategic effects than pure damage or hp!

Unrelated, Jevyan has a new sprite with some basic animations too! And I believe he is called Lich Lord, as you suggest.