Topic: Conquest* for 1.18

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Shiki
Developer

Topic: Conquest* for 1.18

Post by Shiki »

Hi all! I ported Conquest*, an add-on created by enclave for Wesnoth 1.14.

First of all, what is Conquest?

Conquest is a game mode for multiplayer games which you play on custom maps. RPG elements are removed, instead new strategy elements are added:
  • You need to control regions to get bonus gold. Regions are a group of villages you need to own.
  • Recruiting units happens in the villages you control, not with leaders or keeps.
  • Naval combat is added.
  • Combat is simplified and shorter. This shifts focus to the big picture instead of individual battles.
  • Diplomacy with other players plays a role.
While it is possible to play with up to 6 players, there is no need to wait that long. Playing with 4 players is perfectly fine, and so is 1vs1.
conquest.jpg
Conquest Asterisk is a modification of Gwledig’s Conquest Original Gameplay. It has the same units and many maps in common, but adds
  • A random map generator.
  • AI support for maps which use only the human faction.
  • Options to change minimum distance of players.
  • Options to increase the strength of neutral units.
Check the Custom Options tab when creating a game. If you want to have it like in classic Conquest, set Spawn Theme to 1g units.
Other players don’t need to download the add-on to join your game, and thanks to new sprites in 1.18 they will see the same graphics as you.

I am still looking for other players to maintain this add-on with. And for new first-time players! Just host a game and see who joins.
There exists a Discord chat: https://discord.gg/jekZpTub3X
Another add-on which extends Conquest in unit variety and with additional maps is Conquest+ (for 1.16).
Try out the dark board theme.
unterwassermann

Re: Topic: Conquest* for 1.18

Post by unterwassermann »

does it work with 1.16
Shiki
Developer

Re: Topic: Conquest*

Post by Shiki »

I uploaded it now to 1.16 as well.
Try out the dark board theme.
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

All the best for your mod Shiki!
Maintainer of Conquest (Original Gameplay), Conquest+, Conquest+ Space/Ranged, Chaoz Battle of the Wizards, Lazersquad (squad game), WesCraft (building MP game)
wtf_is_this

Post by wtf_is_this »

Great, I love Conquest ;).

Is there a way to play the Conquest- maps/mod from older Wesnoth versions? Talking about the big maps that Lich Lord used to create and were played a lot many years ago ?