Can I propose a new faction with Japanese themes like samurai, ninja's and shrine priests?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ascrein

Can I propose a new faction with Japanese themes like samurai, ninja's and shrine priests?

Post by Ascrein »

Hello. Can I propose we add a Japanese theme faction to Battle for Wesnoth with samurai, ninjas, shrine priests and maybe youkai? I also wonder if we will ever get new factions like the Dune faction which was really good.

Lastly, is there anywhere I can find an apk version of the latest version of Battle for Wesnoth? I checked my version and I mainly play on android and it seems to be 1.14 and I installed it from google playstore.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: Can I propose a new faction with Japanese themes like samurai, ninja's and shrine priests?

Post by Pentarctagon »

There's no reason such a faction couldn't be created as an add-on, but it's very unlikely that new factions will get added to the base game at this point.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Hejnewar

Re: Can I propose a new faction with Japanese themes like samurai, ninja's and shrine priests?

Post by Hejnewar »

We had to change a lot because one faction was too close to real world already, lets not do that again.