2 minor and usefull bugs

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Christophe33

2 minor and usefull bugs

Post by Christophe33 »

Here are two minor bug I noticed on version 0.6.1 and 0.6.2 that can help the player:
If you capture an enemy keep and use it to recall or recruit units, you will not pay for their maintenance (and save 1 to 4 po/ round per unit) but still pay the cost of summoning the unit.
It's not a major thing since in most scenario killing the enemy leader end the game.
When you are in a cave, if you bump your unit to the cave wall it will end its turn (annoying) but will also reveal what is on the other side of the wall ... I located the Sceptre of Fire that way.
Initally I was thinking there was an unknown secret door needing something to open it (a good idea for a scenario) but then realised that it was just a minor bug.
Never tell a dwarf that he shortchanged you!
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Christophe,

Thanks for the bug reports, but I'm afraid I can't reproduce either of them -- at least not in 0.6.99.1. Can you try on this version, and see if you can produce them?

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Christophe33

Post by Christophe33 »

I retried using my computer at home. It's also a imac but more recent. Actually I don't need to bump in the wall, just pass nearby. In some area there are "windows" through the wall allowing to see on the other side. I got some at the begining of Sceptre of Fire, on the west wall near the castle, also two small oone on the north wall of the left branch of the Y.
This time I don't see the Spectre but I might not have move far enough or it might be random holes in the wall. Tomorrow I will put the replay on the web site for you to check.
I don't have the version 0.6.9.9 for OS X and I don't know how to compile it.
Did you checked if you don't pay for the maintenance when recruiting from the keep of another leader?
Did someone else observed that?
Never tell a dwarf that he shortchanged you!
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Christophe33 wrote: I don't have the version 0.6.9.9 for OS X and I don't know how to compile it.
Do you have the developer tools?
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming