Reordering the mainsite

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

scott

Post by scott »

Sorry I couldn't come up with anything better. I would post a line of explanation between the 2 versions.

Version 1.0.2 is the latest stable version, updated with several important bugfixes. This version is recommended for most players since the 1.0.x online multiplayer community is very large and user-made campaign server has a robust content selection.

[download link for 1.0.2]

Version 1.1 is the latest development version, boasting updated graphics and new exciting features. However, there may be occasional bugs or performance problems. This version is recommended for coders and campaign developers, as well as those who want to preview the future of Wesnoth.

[download link for 1.1]
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
ettin
Lord of Glamdrol

Post by ettin »

ivanovic wrote:Okay, I updated http://www.wesnoth.org/index-ivanovic4.htm. It is now rather close to what I imagine be a final version. If you have a better fitting text, please post it in here.
I must admit I don't like the new version. The "brown" square is now way too large, which completely breaks the purpose for which it was designed.

Also, I think it is rather confusing for the average user. How important is 1.1 compared to 1.0.2? Is the Wesnoth project really devoted to the stable release? If 1.1 is a development release (for testing), it should not be there IMHO.
I would rather prefer to have the links to the development version somewhere else in the homepage, for example in the left column. Or maybe a single link to "Download Wesnoth 1.1 development version".

Anyway, my time for Wesnoth is now almost 0. And I don't really feel like fixing it it, so I will not continue complaining if you are all pleased with the new version ;).