Wesnoth 0.6.99.5 released

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sithrandel

Post by Sithrandel »

Dave wrote:
If you want to indicate that the game is in debug mode, I would simply suggest writing "Debug Mode" in large letters across the title screen.

David
I think for those who launch with the CLI typing "--debug" is clear enough. Launching on the Mac and holding down option is less clear. The use can wonder "when do I let go" so some sort of feedback would be useful. In keeping with my philosophy of not letting Mac UI usability changes interfer with the core Wesnoth code, this is probably best handled with a window which opens once debug mode is activated. Three lines of Cocoa later and there is now a window which appears at launch stating debug mode. This stays in the Window menu and has a launch Console button to make life easier too :D
Christophe33

Post by Christophe33 »

Dave wrote:Currently debug mode does precisely two things:

- it shows the cross swords to show the planned paths of AI units. This is useful for testing the AI. Yes, this can slow the game down by alot.
- it gives you access to the 'Create Unit' option.
I got the crossed sword but no trace of a "create unit" option in the initial menu nor in the menu inside a scenario. Maybe this menu is not displayed in mac. Is there a shortcut for create unit that I can test?
Dave wrote: If you want to indicate that the game is in debug mode, I would simply suggest writing "Debug Mode" in large letters across the title screen.
David
That would help too :).
So there is no map "drawing" tool in the debug mode neither? Well, back to the word editor for that.
Never tell a dwarf that he shortchanged you!
Gafgarion

Post by Gafgarion »

Christophe33 wrote:
Dave wrote:Currently debug mode does precisely two things:

- it shows the cross swords to show the planned paths of AI units. This is useful for testing the AI. Yes, this can slow the game down by alot.
- it gives you access to the 'Create Unit' option.
I got the crossed sword but no trace of a "create unit" option in the initial menu nor in the menu inside a scenario. Maybe this menu is not displayed in mac. Is there a shortcut for create unit that I can test?
Dave wrote: If you want to indicate that the game is in debug mode, I would simply suggest writing "Debug Mode" in large letters across the title screen.
David
That would help too :).
So there is no map "drawing" tool in the debug mode neither? Well, back to the word editor for that.
You can access the create unit option by right-clicking. It's in the same menu as recruit, recall and end turn.
-Gafgarion
Elvish Pillager wrote:Normal Trolls use clubs, not ostriches.
"Language is the source of misunderstandings." -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
holizz

Post by holizz »

All I noticed was that the mage's missiles have no icon (on the dialog that lets me choose an attack).

By the way I downloaded 0.6.99.5 last night after playing 0.6.1 for ages and I'm dead impressed. Great game, people. I'm really happy about the easy/medium/hard part, I was finding the campaign too difficult.
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

There are sevel missing attack icon images
check them at...
http://wesnoth.slack.it/?WesnothGraphics
Christophe33

Post by Christophe33 »

The right -clicking (or command-click in my case) works to activate the create unit function even though it is not present anywhere in the menu. By the way, while looking at the list I found an "orcish crossbow "and an "orcish crossbowman" which are basically duplicate of each other. It certainly doesn't hurt to have both :).
Khiraly

Post by Khiraly »

Hi!

Im frustrating about version notation:

I have a CVS compiled 2004 march 14, the 0.6.99.5 is out on 2004 march 16. I suppose it's not too much difference between the two version.
Im not able to connect to the wesnoth szerver(You ar using different version of wesnoth, or i becam something like message from the server)

So it would be possible to follow a version notation where I can connect to the multiplayer game with compatible client?

I suppose the two version(2004-03-14 vs. 2004-03-16) is compatible.

Thx for any comment!

Cheers,
Khiraly
miyo

Post by miyo »

Khiraly wrote:I suppose the two version(2004-03-14 vs. 2004-03-16) is compatible.
No. It depends what changes were committed during that time. e.g. all unit changes break compatibility (how would game handle your Elvish Archers doing less damage than mine? Answer: Out of Sync -> exit). Then new features, bug fixes, etc... all have possibility of breaking compatibility.

If you compile Wesnoth by yourself from CVS sources there can be new change committed just in few mins that breaks the compatibility. If compatibility is what you seek... stay with releases. If you want to play multiplayer with CVS version... you need to have same version with the one you are playing with, if you will play with us you usually need very recent compilation (few hours or even few mins).

- Miyo
Christophe33

Post by Christophe33 »

With the new 0.9.9.5, the Home of Northern Elf is scenario is terribly slow when it's th computer turn to play (and I'm not in debug mode :)). On average it takes more than 5 min. for the computer to play its turn. This is on a quite recent imac G4 1 Ghz with system 10.2.8. I wonder how much slower it will be on my old imac G3 388 Mgz. I don't know if it is scenario specific, due to the fog of war, big map, many units combination or if the new release increase this problem.