V1.5/1.6 Scenario Review: LoW 9 - Bounty Hunters

Feedback for the mainline single-player campaign Legend of Wesmere.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

governor

V1.5/1.6 Scenario Review: LoW 9 - Bounty Hunters

Post by governor »

(1) What difficulty levels and what version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?
Medium and Hard 1.5.6
(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)
(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?
Clear
(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?
Uninteresting.
(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?
None
(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)
(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
Make the ai much more aggressive. They want the bounty so they shouldnt be running away from my elves.
(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?
None.
(9) If you know a bit of the Wesnoth Markup Language - do you think that the WML of this scenario is clear and well commented? If not which part would you like to be documented better?
There are very few comments, however the utilized WML is mostly self-explanatory and most experienced WML'ers will have no difficulty maintaining it.
taemyr

Re: Scenario Review: LoW 9 - Bounty Hunters

Post by taemyr »

(1) What difficulty levels and what version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?
Clear
(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?
Clear.
None.
3 A bit easy
(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
There should be a bit more of a fight here, it's too easy to just run from the saurians and kill the 1 scuttle fish that gets in the way.
(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?
No
generalvalter

Post by generalvalter »

1) 1.5.8 Medium

2) 5. The flankers were an experience gold mine, but it took a few tries to successfully avoid losing important units.

3) Clear.

4) Eh.

5) At first the saurians tried dashing north up the mountains, but fortunately they came back to fight in my forests.

6) 4. I'm not a big fan of fighting saurians.

7) I was kind of pissed that all of my Elven Marshals were stripped from me, to "guard the council". That kind of sucked. But it's probably my fault for making my essential units into Marshals.

It would actually be better (and a bit harder) if the mountains to the left and right were replaced (at least mostly) with hills. The Saurians would be able to move faster, and you wouldn't be able to exploit the dwarves as much.

8) The Sea Serpent forced a few retries. My fault for exposing Kalenz too much.
taemyr

Post by taemyr »

1.5.8 Hard
Clear
Clear.
None.
3 A bit easy
There should be a bit more of a fight here, it's still too easy to just run from the saurians and kill the 1 scuttle fish that gets in the way.
No
Bircoph

Post by Bircoph »

1.5.10+svn (r32867), hard.

Clear.

Storyline is good.

To save some money for the next scenario.

8. I like encounters and fighting monsters.

No idea.

None.

(9) If you know a bit of the Wesnoth Markup Language - do you think that the WML of this scenario is clear and well commented? If not which part would you like to be documented better?
Looks OK.
Per aspera ad astra!
axelotl

Post by axelotl »

1.6 easy; 1.6.2 hard

Clear

The aside about the level 3s that Kalenz left behind looks out of place here. It would look
more natural for Kalenz to give this as a direct order in the previous scenario.

On this terrain, Saurians are just walking xp for the dwarves+elves combination.
Harvesting the sea-monsters is a little trickier.

Allow the Saurians to recruit some Orcish mercenaries.

No.

I get to keep all my loyalists except Anduilas. Why is he different? Is that deliberate or is it a bug? (He's my Marshal. If I had known this was going to happen, I would have promoted Arkildur to Marshal rather than to Champion.)
Don't axe a little. Axe a lottle.