Aria of the Dragon-Slayer (SP Campaign for 1.11)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ekeron

Re: Aria of the Dragon-Slayer (SP Campaign for 1.11)

Post by ekeron »

The bug seems to be because of an update to the war of legends addon.

I'm not sure if this is the intended fix but, until revansurik does another update on the addon, this should allow you to continue the game.
Just put the file in the utils folder. It replaces Thrur's unit type from troll warlord, which war of legends no longer has, to troll warmonger.

There is still a bug relating to the unavailability of the troll mystic unit but adding that in would require multiple files.

This fix at least seems to make the scenario playable. I started it in debug mode and the change to warmonger makes it work now.

Hopefully, I'm not stepping on any toes by doing this.

Ignore this and look two posts down.
Last edited by ekeron on April 3rd, 2016, 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Completed official campaigns: ToTB, AOI, TSG, HttT, Liberty, HoT
Completed unofficial campaigns: The Amaranthine stone, Bad moon rising part 1, Ooze mini campaign
Cashcam24

Post by Cashcam24 »

The bug seems to be because of an update to the war of legends addon.

I'm not sure if this is the intended fix but, until revansurik does another update on the addon, this should allow you to continue the game.
Just put the file in the utils folder. It replaces Thrur's unit type from troll warlord, which war of legends no longer has, to troll warmonger.

There is still a bug relating to the unavailability of the troll mystic unit but adding that in would require multiple files.

This fix at least seems to make the scenario playable. I started it in debug mode and the change to warmonger makes it work now.

Hopefully, I'm not stepping on any toes by doing this.
ATTACHMENTS
characters.cfg
(22.2 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
ekeron

Can someone tell me how to use this fix. sorry I'm not very good with this kind of stuff
ekeron

Post by ekeron »

Cashcam24 wrote:
ekeron wrote:[...]
Can someone tell me how to use this fix. sorry I'm not very good with this kind of stuff
Errr, right! Knew I forgot something. :oops:

Go to wherever you store addons (in my case it's in documents/mygames/wesnoth1.12/data/add-ons/) and look for Aria of the Dragon-Slayer (AotDS).
From there, go to utils and replace the character files with this and you're done.
Though, you should avoid allying yourself with the trolls for this scenario. Allying with them adds the troll mystic, which doesn't exist now, to your recruit list. That could cause some problems.

Although, I've since found an older version of the "war of legends" addon and ported the troll warlord and troll mystic units from there which means you can ally with the trolls with no worries.
This is likely much closer to revansurik's original intentions and I haven't noticed any bugs so far.
Attachments
fix.zip
No idea how this would react to players that have played through the game with the previously posted fix. Install instruction in zip.
(48.61 KiB) Downloaded 606 times
Completed unofficial campaigns: The Amaranthine stone, Bad moon rising part 1, Ooze mini campaign
Cashcam24

Post by Cashcam24 »

The following add-on had errors and could not be loaded:
C:/Users/cmone_000/Documents/My Games/Wesnoth1.12/data/add-ons/Aria_of_the_Dragon_Slayer/_main.cfg

Please report this to the author or maintainer of this add-on.

Details:

Macro/file '~add-ons/Aria_of_the_Dragon_Slayer/units/trolls' is missing
at ~add-ons\\Aria_of_the_Dragon_Slayer\\_main.cfg:132

This is what now shows up when I try to open the campaign
Cashcam24

Post by Cashcam24 »

Ok I fixed it nvm
donatep75

Post by donatep75 »

I have replaced the files as suggested and continue to get the same error
ekeron

Post by ekeron »

donatep75 wrote:I have replaced the files as suggested and continue to get the same error
You're getting the same error?

Did you put the new _main.cfg?
I added two lines that tell the game the game to look inside "\Aria_of_the_Dragon_Slayer\units\trolls" and "\Aria_of_the_Dragon_Slayer\image\trolls".
Without it, the game won't know about the trolls folders.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

You do not need to preprocess include images.
tamanegi

Post by tamanegi »

Why there are so many very japanese unit types, names of units, and terrains (nice sakura)...? :hmm:
Anyway, they all look very good. Good job! :D
Discord: @tamanegi
It is true that we cannot be free from bugs, but at least let our bugs not always the same...
A Group in a War: my first campaign, An Independence War: and the sequel
donatep75

Post by donatep75 »

I am sorry for not reading the instructions file. I can play now
johnnydoe

Post by johnnydoe »

Hi, I've really enjoyed your campaign. However, I've experienced a crash right after the Inner World scenario. When loading the Underground War scenario, an error message about an unknown unit type, Troll Warlord comes up (screenshot attached). I checked and I do have the latest version of your campaign. Can you help? Just want to know what happens next ^_^
Attachments
This is a screenshot of the error message that comes up
This is a screenshot of the error message that comes up
oror

Post by oror »

revansurik wrote:
marecki wrote: Mother of Death - is it intentional that the early finish bonus here is only 2 gold per turn? It looks like an oversight. Ashura never uses her "ultimate" attack (25-10 plus some fancy effects?). Then again, her regular ranged attack does 17-5, so she already pretty much one-shots everything.
The 2 gold per turn bonus seems to be part of the core game; I didn't define it to be like this...
Yeah, I often get frustrated when I give an enemy awesome powers and it keeps using only one - I gave Stygia from WotJ such a vast array of awesome speel and she kept using March of the Cacodaemones :roll:
I have a different problem with Ashura never using her most powerful spells: she is surrounded by almost-dead dwarves with 1 HP and poisoned, but she keeps killing them one-by-one, so I never manage to get close to her at my turn, since all tiles are occupied, and get to the 50th turn without being able to attack her...
donatep75

Post by donatep75 »

After the Scenario were Aetheryon fights the emperor I had him and the princess as recallable units, and after a few more scenarios Aetheryon does not show up in the map. What can I do? I really don't want to start the game from the beginning
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Hello everyone, long time no see (again)!
And... well, I know I've left a few bug reports unanswered these months; I've apologized for that before, so I won't keep repeating it. The thing is, this May I've begun working as a teacher, and for those out there who have never worked as such, believe me, preparing classes is some time-consuming task - so far I'm really enjoying it, but it's time-consuming nonetheless :P
Of course, I'll never really abandon my campaigns (if I ever give up on maintaining them, I'll make sure to leave someone taking care of them first), but I ask you to be comprehensive if I stay a couple of months away. I had plenty of free time when I was just a student, now I'm a student and a teacher, and that's my priority now ^_^
But today I've managed to find some free time to open all those campaign files, search and correct codes and bugs, and so I corrected the 'Troll bugs' some players found in these last, uh... six months... :oops:
Anyway, I'll do my best to correct other, older bugs as I replay this campaign (and the others too). I also have in mind uploading all my campaigns to the 1.13 server, but this really will have to wait :P
That said, here goes the (rather small) changelog for version 1.0.0 (Well, this campaign is completed overall, so I thought I should change its version number):

Code: Select all

V. 1.0.0
- Units
    - Corrected 'Troll Warlord' and 'Troll Mystic' bugs
	- Created 'Defence Only' weapon special for Ashura,
P.S.:
Why there are so many very japanese unit types, names of units, and terrains (nice sakura)...? :hmm:
Anyway, they all look very good. Good job! :D
Tamanegi, if you're still there, yes, the Sogen-Ningen are very loosely based on Feudal Japanese, hence the Japanese names, looks and flora ;)
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
Yeka11

Post by Yeka11 »

wesnothplayer2015 wrote:I guess im quite late to the party :lol:

I only discovered this game this year and have just started playing the Song of Fire trilogy and found it amazing.
But I always encounter an appcrash in the The Seers Prophecy .On the very next turn after akashia disappears from map and Tenma transforms.Im unable to progress further. :cry:

The error appears ina popup of Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library.:
Error is :

Assertion failed!
Program :E:\Wesnoth\wesnoth.exe
File:src\ai\testing\../../unit_map.hpp
Line:176

Expression: valid()

For more information on how your program can cause an assertion error, see the Visual C++ documetation on asserts
(Please try to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)

I use windows 7 but use the compatibility mode to run wesnoth. Compatibility is set to windows XP SP2. The Visual C++ on my machine is the redistributable version 2005, 2008, 2010 and 2012.

Please help!! :(
i found this error too and tried to trace it. i found that unit Tempest Mage and Crimson Mage (Purple Team) are causing this error. idk why this happen and the only solution i know is to kill them (i was using debug), but in my case, i can click ignore in the error box several time and the error gone and i can resume play (but i need to do this every turn, maybe until i can really kill them with my unit). Hope this help.

and i really love this campaign. I have play all official campaign and several UMC campaign, and this is the best. I love Tenma :P