the Princess's revenge (strategies)

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Slesh

the Princess's revenge (strategies)

Post by Slesh »

I'm having a tough time on this one. I have an elven champion, elven avenger, archmage, red mage, knight that's almost level 3, and the three heroes. I usually recruit two shamans at the beginning and sometimes a scout to try to flag a few towns. i've tried sitting in my castle but those wraiths attack me from the water and double team my mages killing them in 1 round. I usually try to send my knight to get the holy water and then level him up to a paladin, but it takes four turns to get him there and back and by then the castle's surrounded.

I've tried a few other strategies like rushing the undead base with the zombies, but they start out with the level 3 baneblade wraiths before they summon zombies, and I can't get through the walking dead before the 8 wraiths from the northern fortress hit my flank. The southern base takes far too long to seige being surrounded by mountains.

I may be a little weak from the previous scenario. I basically won it by sitting my elven champion in a town and killing 2/3 of their force with that single unit while they futilely attacked him over and over again, occaisionally retreating him and putting the elven lord in his place for a few turns while he healed. I also lost my paladin, a knight, and an outrider when those extra enemies popped up at the castle.

Normally, i'd keep trying lots of different strategies, but it really takes a huge amount of time per turn since the enemy has to move 50 units from each base, and I can't imagine getting through this with any of my level 3 units alive which could cripple me in any further scenarios.

tips?
Slesh

Post by Slesh »

nevermind. I just realized that scenario 7 is this one and there's already a thread or two about it.