Balancing Leaders

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
telly

Post by telly »

..I think the general is fine. The loyalists have other strengths. The factions don't all need to have super strong leaders. Making them all level 2 is probably a good idea, though rebels and northerners would be a lot weakened and maybe would need some other boost to compensate. Leader duels are just silly and the dwarf lord will win *every* time.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

I don't necessarily think that leaders should all be created equal, however at the moment I don't think that Loyalists get enough compensation for their weak leader.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Gafgarion

Re: Honor

Post by Gafgarion »

AT wrote:Yes, its bad tactacly, but its a fun finish to long games.

Off topic: I recomend reading The Art of War, its free (its copyright ran out around 100 BC) and good.
If you're looking for a printed copy, I recommend the Denma translation (2001 by The Denma Translation Group). It provides an excellent translation, without the "blah blah blah using sun tzu in business" and commentary that actually looks at it in a historical context.

It's also a cute little book.
-Gafgarion
Elvish Pillager wrote:Normal Trolls use clubs, not ostriches.
"Language is the source of misunderstandings." -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
cobretti

Re: Honor

Post by cobretti »

Gafgarion wrote: If you're looking for a printed copy, I recommend the Denma translation (2001 by The Denma Translation Group). It provides an excellent translation, without the "blah blah blah using sun tzu in business" and commentary that actually looks at it in a historical context.

It's also a cute little book.
And for those spanish readers, you can download it here (MS Reader format), but are also PDF versions in the web (just search)