Werewolf

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
mbabuskov

Werewolf

Post by mbabuskov »

I have idea for new unit: werewolf.

During daytime it would be a weak human-like unit, but at night it turns into wild and very strong beast.

I know it would require changes in code, so I'm asking what you guys think about it?
Boucman
Inactive Developer

Post by Boucman »

I think we need more "strategically extreme" units, that is units that have special powers which prevents normal usage.... some sides already have some units like that (the new dwarvish berserker) but more would be nice...

the werewolf would fit well in that category, but as usuall... do you have any graphics for it ?

:twisted:
cobretti

Post by cobretti »

This is an idea for one of the barbarian units I'm working on. the unit would start as wild man (good defense on hills, mountains and forests, poor defense in villages and grasslands. Maybe skirmisher), levelling to wolf spirit (a man dressed with wolf pelts, using its claws to attack) and finally to werewolf (since he would be level3, he wouldn't be so weak at daytime, but the idea is the same).

Mmm, time to describe all the barbarian units I have in mind, I guess...
Gafgarion

Post by Gafgarion »

cobretti wrote:This is an idea for one of the barbarian units I'm working on. the unit would start as wild man (good defense on hills, mountains and forests, poor defense in villages and grasslands. Maybe skirmisher), levelling to wolf spirit (a man dressed with wolf pelts, using its claws to attack) and finally to werewolf (since he would be level3, he wouldn't be so weak at daytime, but the idea is the same).

For Barbarians I think Werebear would be more appropriate... or perhaps a choice between Werewolf and Werebear.
-Gafgarion
Elvish Pillager wrote:Normal Trolls use clubs, not ostriches.
"Language is the source of misunderstandings." -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

The more advancement options, the better. :)

But, as always, the question is priority. Will someone do the graphics for this, and is it taking time away from more important projects?
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
cobretti

Post by cobretti »

Gafgarion wrote:
cobretti wrote:This is an idea for one of the barbarian units I'm working on. the unit would start as wild man (good defense on hills, mountains and forests, poor defense in villages and grasslands. Maybe skirmisher), levelling to wolf spirit (a man dressed with wolf pelts, using its claws to attack) and finally to werewolf (since he would be level3, he wouldn't be so weak at daytime, but the idea is the same).

For Barbarians I think Werebear would be more appropriate... or perhaps a choice between Werewolf and Werebear.
Well, in fact I started thinking about 'bear spirit' and 'werebear', but didn't think people would agree to such a unit, so I changed it to wolf instead. Whatever is preferred, it's ok for me.

Sangel: I can do the graphics, just you know those of mine usually require a lot of iterations until an acceptable version appears, so it would be slow...
Shundread

Post by Shundread »

You know... I was about to suggest this werewolf unit, I'm glad I searched the forums first.

I think the werewolf would be a great addition to the game. At daytime he fights like the Walking Dead (I.E. it sucks), at night (not dusk or dawn, ok, maybe one of them) he fights more like the Heavy Infantry (I.E. it rules).

The HP would be the same for both shapes, but while in Werewolf form, it could have higher resists and evade rates.

I could try drawing something.... but I suck. So if I ever have time and no one posts images here first, I'll try it.

-Fioric Shundread
cobretti

Post by cobretti »

Shundread wrote:You know... I was about to suggest this werewolf unit, I'm glad I searched the forums first.

I think the werewolf would be a great addition to the game. At daytime he fights like the Walking Dead (I.E. it sucks), at night (not dusk or dawn, ok, maybe one of them) he fights more like the Heavy Infantry (I.E. it rules).

The HP would be the same for both shapes, but while in Werewolf form, it could have higher resists and evade rates.

I could try drawing something.... but I suck. So if I ever have time and no one posts images here first, I'll try it.

-Fioric Shundread
I have an idea for the graphic floating in my mind, but little time for now to try to draw it. Feel free to try it by yourself.
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

If this idea gets put in the game I'll be happy to volunteer doing a couple of graphics for this(these) units; but the only thing is that there are currently "two werewolves" Cobretti's level 3 that gets strenght that'd be considered level 4 at night, but is practicaly the level 2 one at daytime; and ofcourse the something pitifull/cool unit with good power AND defence design proposed by others.
now personaly I like cobretti's idea better as it already fits in a pending faction; not to mention it doesn't turn into everyone's prey at daytime cause as a level 3 unit it still has more than enough power to defend himself against a level 2 unit or a pack of level 1'ers.
for the rest werebear/werewolf as far as I know; would possibly have the greatest differences in one being much faster and more hitting; while the other was resilient and hard hitting; all agree on that fact?
cobretti

Post by cobretti »

It sounds ok to me