woses

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Circon

Post by Circon »

Elder and Ancient? Blah. You're the one who warned against overuse of those a while ago.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Circon wrote:Elder and Ancient? Blah. You're the one who warned against overuse of those a while ago.
I don't really care that much what they're called, just as long as the 1st level version is a standard Wose.

Also, Woses seem like the kind of creatures that would place a high value on their age.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Boucman
Inactive Developer

Post by Boucman »

do you leave them with ambush ?
what movement type ?
Insinuator

Post by Insinuator »

The three movement is still a major detriment, but perhaps if they had an easier time moving on just about anything? If everywhere but water they had 1 or 2 movement through, I think they might be perfect.

And for names, how about: Honored Wose, and Revered Wose.
Personally, I like the Elder Wose and Ancient Wose better, but thought I would give an alternative. Both my suggestions indicate a greater gesture of respect, which one would expect as one gets older and stronger.
Bander

Post by Bander »

I think that they should have a movement of 4 because while they are slow they have a very long stride.
MattiRoto

Post by MattiRoto »

I have a place for them to go.

I am creating a campaign along the lines of "an Elder race dwelling in the AlterMyst islands somewhere south of wesnoth"

I have all the units I wanted so far except a wose etc.unit.

sound okay to you?

I may post the 2 scenarios finished later.
Dacyn

Re: Translate

Post by Dacyn »

AT wrote:I do not think Storyline armies should (or even can in some cases) translate to the MP factions. If you look at almost every succesful game with both a good single player and Multiplayer, the Single has diffrent balance than the Muliplayer. Games that forget this end up with a hard single player (for instance Homeworld 1) and a boring mulitlpayer (for instance, Homeworld 1).
then turin's rationale does not make sense...
So what is the difference between rebels/loyalists, anyway? This information would help decide the placement of the wose.
KISS- keep it simple, stupid

When reading the above quote from TWP, keep in mind the words of Antoine de Saint-Exupéry: "Language is the source of misunderstandings."