Mounted upgrades

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
MattiRoto

Mounted upgrades

Post by MattiRoto »

Okay ideas gallore...

Elvish Outrider-Elvish Quester

Paladin-Hermit

The Paladin-hermit thing isn't a priority but figured since in real life most"Paladins ended their lives being Hermits.

The Quester would attack +4 melee
and+2 ranged.

The Hermits would lose their horses but gain ranged attaak
keep their swords and be more agile.
Dacyn

Re: Mounted upgrades

Post by Dacyn »

MattiRoto wrote:Elvish Outrider-Elvish Quester
I think Elvish Scout->Rider->Outrider is the plan, and lvl 4 units should be rare.
MattiRoto wrote:Paladin-Hermit

The Paladin-hermit thing isn't a priority but figured since in real life most"Paladins ended their lives being Hermits.
MattiRoto wrote:The Hermits would lose their horses but gain ranged attaak
keep their swords and be more agile.
are you crazy? First of all, it just doesn't sound like the unit is advancing. Paladins and Hermits do not sound related.. Second, units should not get worse[1] as they advance, as the Hermit sounds like it would when it loses the horse. Finally, there should not be a lvl 4 unit...

And the Horseman tree works well currently, IMO.

[1]that is, it should be almost impossible for anyone to not want their unit to advance.
KISS- keep it simple, stupid

When reading the above quote from TWP, keep in mind the words of Antoine de Saint-Exupéry: "Language is the source of misunderstandings."
MattiRoto

Post by MattiRoto »

Okay didn't know about Rider

Like I said Hermit isn't a priority
MattiRoto

Post by MattiRoto »

But with the Hermit maybe I could give them a horse and they lose their lance but gain more agility and a ranged attack. :idea: Plus some units other than the mages need 4level...well they don't need them but it would add more variance to the gameand it would take alot of xp to upgrade to them! :idea:
AT

no

Post by AT »

to hermit, i would say... well, no. Its just kinda a bad idea, no offence meant.

Edit: but, a crazy old man would be useful in a campaign, i bet. Maybe with some other civilians?
Gandalf-"I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udun. Go back to the Shadow. You cannot pass!"
AT- "That sounds like more trouble than it's worth."