Showing movement in multiplayer

Discussion of all aspects of the game engine, including development of new and existing features.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

vic

Post by vic »

What would you have me write? Like do you need me to code the option into the GUI? Or do you need me to just write the clause to insert the move into the undo/redo stack?
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

vic wrote:What would you have me write? Like do you need me to code the option into the GUI? Or do you need me to just write the clause to insert the move into the undo/redo stack?
Uhh...I meant for you to write everything that will make the feature work :)

Note that you will have to add a way of undoing moves across the network.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
vic

Post by vic »

Could you give me a little more info on which files/methods I'd need to be looking at? More specifically the ones for the multiplayer menus, and the ones for undo/redo, as well as where undo/redo gets stacked. I had to dig for a few hours just to find where to allow moves across the network. If I have to write the GUI, and undo/redo addons, it'd be nice if I didn't have to dig to find where. Thanks.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

vic wrote:Could you give me a little more info on which files/methods I'd need to be looking at? More specifically the ones for the multiplayer menus, and the ones for undo/redo, as well as where undo/redo gets stacked. I had to dig for a few hours just to find where to allow moves across the network. If I have to write the GUI, and undo/redo addons, it'd be nice if I didn't have to dig to find where. Thanks.
Undo/redo stacks are found in playturn.cpp/.hpp

Code: Select all

class turn_info
{
	undo_list undo_stack_;
	undo_list redo_stack_;
Configuration options for multiplayer are found in multiplayer.cpp/.hpp - inside play_multiplayer()

Hope that helps!

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
jzaun

Post by jzaun »

Dave wrote:
vic wrote:Could you give me a little more info on which files/methods I'd need to be looking at? More specifically the ones for the multiplayer menus, and the ones for undo/redo, as well as where undo/redo gets stacked. I had to dig for a few hours just to find where to allow moves across the network. If I have to write the GUI, and undo/redo addons, it'd be nice if I didn't have to dig to find where. Thanks.
Configuration options for multiplayer are found in multiplayer.cpp/.hpp - inside play_multiplayer()

Hope that helps!

David
This code is currently in a state of flux. multiplayer_connect.cpp contains/will contain much of the network code.

Justin
-- Justin Zaun (jzaun)

Post by Guest »

I'll see what I can do to the current setup, it should be easy to migrate the changes.
vic

Post by vic »

Sorry that was me ^^