A new 1vs1 and 3p map -- Doughnut

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Coffee
Inactive Developer

A new 1vs1 and 3p map -- Doughnut

Post by Coffee »

Hello all

I've created a new 1vs1 and a 3p free-for-all map and thought I'd post it. I'm looking for feedback on balancing/play/whatever (well, I say new, but I created this a while back -- haven't before submitted it here for feedback).

The unique feature about this one is that encourages moving play due to its circular design and placement of keeps.

There are 2 main keeps with 4 recruit spots and other keeps scattered across the map with only one castle spot adjacent. These smaller keeps are distanced and placed so that no (standard era) leader can get to 2 of these in one turn and every leader should be able to go between 2 keeps each turn if desired, leading to very dynamic gameplay.

Both these maps are pretty small and my aim was to make quick, interesting, and balanced play for them.

I think I've put in a good spread of mushrooms/hills/forests/flat/water/fords/villages/etc. and have spaced the villages so that each faction ought to be able to get their 5 villages on the 2nd turn and prepare any initial direction to start an attack by moving the leader.

Unlike mainline 1vs1 maps, my 1vs1 variant is meant to start at a random time of day and be reasonably balanced for this.

Just looking for any thoughts on this. Be interested to hear from any Wesnoth map designers what the quality level of this is also, in case you want to post a response.
Attachments
Doughnut_Map_1.zip
(10.29 KiB) Downloaded 139 times