GSE + EoMa Crossover (1.16,1.18)

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Temuchin Khan

Re: GSE + EoMa Crossover

Post by Temuchin Khan »

Deciton_Reven wrote: June 2nd, 2022, 12:47 am
inferno8 wrote: June 1st, 2022, 9:15 am I'd like to thank ForestDragon for creating such an innovative add-on. It is probably the first such "clever" add-on in existence. The technology and coding of this crossover are truly brilliant :) And because it's all GNU GPL you can freely modify it to create your own crossover add-on, combining your favorite eras together!
Not to diminish ForestDragon's work, since it should go without saying it is a strong backbone that will help out these kind of crossover eras in the future and certainly wasn't trivial to do, but a user going by Fog_of_Gold was maintaining an add-on called Indeterminated Era ("Ageless 2") that combined factions similarly during 2010. Though by his own admittance it was preeeetty buggy, and I'm betting was bare held together with duct tape and glue.

Just to make sure history is properly archived and stuff.
I remember indterminated era. And yes, it was buggy. But there was one nice thing about it--adding new factions to the era was ridiculously easy! All you had to do was make a copy of one file from the old era and drop it into the appropriate filder in indeterminated era! Aside from that, though, it was indeed fairly buggy.

Also, as I recall, Unwise Owl also made an era that combined multiple other eras at one time, although it, too, had some glitches.

Still, based on my own limited knowledge, Stepp +EOMa looks like the best implementation of the idea.
ForestDragon

Re: GSE + EoMa Crossover

Post by ForestDragon »

Temuchin Khan wrote: March 15th, 2024, 2:27 pm Still, based on my own limited knowledge, Stepp +EOMa looks like the best implementation of the idea.
Glad to hear that :)
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic