Rashy Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Re: Rashy Era

Post by Vyncyn »

IPS wrote: February 6th, 2024, 7:58 am Yo Vyrcyn, are we here allowed to do some lv2 XP decreases in preparation of a Ageless Release in 1.18's ? I got a personal agenda to decrease jut a bit some Lv2 XP to make gameplay smoother and in overall, making random factions / random generated recruit list be more fun to use in Ageless ecosystem, which also includes Rashy Era itself ofc.

Also I've seen that some units in both Ageless and EOMA has lv2/lv3 AMLA mechanics which makes game much more fun if XP mod is not being used. Personally recommend that AMLA in lv2 units be very juicy in comparation of lv3 AMLA units for example, to make MAX lv2 be still a decent option if you got forced to AMLA on it for some reason.
Yeah. If you want you can post the changes and I'll try to implement them as well.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Alright, let's begin. Appart of some XP adjustment, there were some corrections to units that used to be a bit too weak in certain stats :oops:

Spoiler:
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Done & uploaded.
Few changes:
Woses are no longer copies from main, so they have their own ID now.
Don't like -15% arcane resistance, so the Golems earth/stone/rock now have -20/-10/-10
otherwise as suggested.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Vyncyn, remember to update Rashy Era on 1.18 server in soon
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

IPS wrote: March 15th, 2024, 1:47 am Vyncyn, remember to update Rashy Era on 1.18 server in soon
There is a 1.18?
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

Vyncyn wrote: March 15th, 2024, 5:39 am
IPS wrote: March 15th, 2024, 1:47 am Vyncyn, remember to update Rashy Era on 1.18 server in soon
There is a 1.18?
He means 1.17.26/11.18rc1.

Since 1.18 is coming soon, he just wants Rashy Era to be ready for it.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

I think (yes I'm being daring ;) that anything uploaded to 1.17.26+ will be copied to 1.18. (or maybe it becomes it, I dunno) So basically 1.18 addons can be uploaded now. I think. (oh no not again)
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

VR_RECRUIT_UNIT_VARIATIONS_AQUANA refers to nonexisting VRAq Warrior. Also Rashy called it Swordman instead of more common Swordsman.

For 1.18 compatibility you could access ghost tree images like

Code: Select all

image="units/{GHOST_IMAGE_FOLDER}/ghost-s-2.png"
instead of    image="units/undead/ghost-s-2.png"

#ifver WESNOTH_VERSION < 1.17.0
#define GHOST_IMAGE_FOLDER
undead#enddef
#else
#define GHOST_IMAGE_FOLDER
undead-spirit#enddef
#endif
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Uploaded to the 1.18 server.
Fixed the ghost sprite path. If there are any other compability issues, please report them here.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Vyncyn wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 7:10 am Uploaded to the 1.18 server.
Fixed the ghost sprite path. If there are any other compability issues, please report them here.
You could check the compatibility breaking post if you haven't already. It's a nice checklist for stuff to search for and update. wmllint does some of them automatically (like the ghosts) but probably a few are missing still.
IPS

Post by IPS »

I mentioned some time ago I was about to make some more balance suggestion for the era, but just before doing it I took a wes-break, so I'm back from it.

While the idea of this is to pair a lil more with certain default changes in very specific lines, the most on lv3-lv4 balance.

Chevalier Grand Knight HP to 77 (+5) , impact res to 40% (+10%) , price to 77g (+5g)
Considering it moves 1 more tile than Grand Knight, it's fair for this unit to have 7 less HP than default's version, it features -1 damage per sword strike but 1 more per lance strike as it runs faster.

Dardo lancer is at a curious situation, while it has massive 8 more HP it only has -1 melee damage per strike, which is not relevant, will not change it.

Luz Knight HP to 54 (+2) , arcane sword damage to 6-4 (+1) , XP to 84 (+7)
Arcane been reworked in default, this will keep them more constant and also quite more useful. At the cost of higher XP to promote to lv3.

Luz Paladin HP to 72 (+3) , arcane sword damage to 9-5 (+1)
While this one has 5 less HP than default's palading, this one has better physical ressists, which is fair.

Regis Jouster XP to 100 (-3)
Regis Torney Champion HP to 80 (+2)
Regis Court Mage HP to 56 (+2)
Regis Royal Mage HP to 67 (+2)

Most curious is that Regis mages on lv1 and lv3 is better than default variant, while in lv2 requires 1 more kill to get to lv3 while having the same stats on lv2, but if you ask me, in default transition from lv1 to lv4 in default is better rewarded in overall.

Elyser Shaprshooter range damage to 11-5 (-1) , HP to 50 (-2) , price to 57g (+2g)
Been my misstake at making him too strong, even if default got complaints about being too strong, but for meanwhile we might try to keep this new values.

Shadow XP to 77 (-8) , price to 40g (+4g)
It doesn't gain this much stats in lv3, so seems rasaonble to me a XP decreasing.

That might be everything for now.