Troll third party campain

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Do you think there should be a Troll third party campain

Poll ended at August 5th, 2005, 7:08 pm

Yes
69%
No
31%

Total votes: 16

DarthRevan00m9

Troll third party campain

Post by DarthRevan00m9 »

What r your thoughts about a Troll third party campain?
Jar Jar Binks should have died in episode III.

NUMA NUMA 4EVER!!!
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Dude, if you want to make one, just make one. You don't need anyone's approval to do so.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Rhuvaen
Inactive Developer

Post by Rhuvaen »

Yeah, it works the other way round - you create something interesting and then you go grabbing everyone's attention with it. :roll:
DarthRevan00m9

Post by DarthRevan00m9 »

Well I didnt want to waste my time. If no one wanted to play it. I also need some help. I am a terrible artist and not a very good map maker. I do have a story idea. So if u want to help email me at DarthRevan00m9@gamil.com

NUMA NUMA 4EVER!!!
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

Dude, Darth, we're having trouble enough with the Dark Elves campagin. Unless you can code a little, I suggesst you do something else. Good luck though :D
I speak what's on my mind.

Which is why nothing I say makes sense.
unsung

Post by unsung »

you seem to like polls.
if you make a campaign then it is guartanteed at least a 100 or so people will play and at least ten will like it.
Oh no look out its a ray gun.
You should move to avoid the rays
the rays are coming out of the gun
if you are hit by the rays
you will be shot by the rays
the rays are fast so you should be fast to
can you win against the fast rays from the gun?
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

And 0.1 might help. Wait - that's not a whole person.

However, if you put it on the campaign server, at least 500 willl try it, given enough time, and that will be enough to possibly make a whole person. :D
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
scott

Post by scott »

DarthRevan00m9 wrote:Well I didnt want to waste my time. If no one wanted to play it. I also need some help. I am a terrible artist and not a very good map maker. I do have a story idea. So if u want to help email me at DarthRevan00m9@gamil.com
If you make it to impress other people, you could be wasting our time. Make it for yourself, and give it a good story, and it is guaranteed that you will not be wasting your time. Campaigns do not all need custom art, and you can use placeholders - make the art low on your priority list. Once people start to like your campaign then some of them may help.
Here are the three things required for a good campaign: good story, good gameplay, and good grammar. :D
(there's actually more, but I was trying to make a sound bite)
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
DarthRevan00m9

Post by DarthRevan00m9 »

I dont want to make it JUST to impress other people. I just want to know that the campain will be played. I dont want to waste anyones time espcially other peoples. I just need some help considering that this is my first campain. I already have a good camain base so all i need is some help. Also I DO need to make all the untis custom art. If u havent noticed there is only ONE Troll unit in all of wesnoth (Not including other ranked units). So i need ALOT of custom art and i cant draw very well (As u can see from my avatar).

NUMA NUMA 4EVER!!!
scott

Post by scott »

Your campaign will be tried by lots of people. What happens from there depends on how well you ignore all of them and concentrate on making a campaign interesting, satisfying, and fun only for you. Until you come up with new art, just use existing troll graphics with the new unit configs. You could recolor them slightly so playing is not a total loss. My only point is don't let it stop you from getting started. Best of luck.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Yeah the content of the campaign is far more important than the overall theme in terms of making people play it.

If you can make an interesting storyline and set of units out of a race of trolls, then go for it. If you can't, then don't. If you're here to ask whether people think that an interesting storyline and/or unit set from a race of trolls is possible, well, even if it is possible, you're probably not going to be able to do it.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
DarthRevan00m9

Post by DarthRevan00m9 »

Well I got good news. I've already started to make a story, basic level outlook, AND i got my cousin doin art work!!! All I need to do is get the hang of level design and I'm all set.

NUMA NUMA 4EVER!!!
Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

I can help you with that, and don't mention I'm your cousin... It's embarassing :oops: . Just kinding, but IM me soon, so we can brainstorm... I've hit a wall in my artwork.