Hasty Alliance

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

grodr

Hasty Alliance

Post by grodr »

Ok, I give up, I canŽt finnish Hasty Alliance (scenario 17 on heir to the throne).

At easy level, with some 300 + something gold to boot I'm always smashed. Or Lisar dies or some of my own leaders do. The trolls are always lev2/lev3 + lev2 ogres pack a lot of punch. And they keep acoming without giving me a minutes rest.

I can survive the first few turns, but then I'm out of gold, Lisar is alone in her castle and I can't move her out, and since the badies keep coming, I'm out of options. Hey, this was supposed to be easy...

Anyone has any ideas?

With my best regards,
G. Rodrigues

P.S: Since this is my first post here, let me say that BFW is very additive!
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

first of all, 300 gold is not much; at this point, after Lost General, it is barely anything. you need to finish lost general by turn 40 to get decent gold.

don't recruit. recall your most powerful units on the first turn, then recall your units that do the most damage and strike back at the trolls.
i think that you have to start this scenario with at least 500 gold, or you need to have some REALLY good units. i found that great mages are not good, advanced dwarves are good for later turns, and healers and avengers are good for the first turn. on the very first turn send delfador and kalenz down to kill the goblin knight, this accomplishes something and gets them where they cannot be killed.

be prepared to lose a few units.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

If you're playing a more recent version (0.6.99.x or 0.7), this scenario should be alot easier than it used to be...
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

thats why i said 'a few units' not 'half your army'.

8)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
cedric

Re: Hasty Alliance

Post by cedric »

grodr wrote:At easy level, with some 300 + something gold
Think dwarves. Against tough trolls, in caves, they're really the answer. Hopefully you should have a few of them advanced or nearly so from the previous scenario. 300 gold should be enough, then.

(another thing: if your version of Wesnoth is old, you should really upgrade (hey, the latest and greatest 0.7 is out!): this scenario was alot harder, some time ago)
--
Cedric
grodr

Post by grodr »

Ah thanks, I have 0.6.1. Gonna download 0.7 and see how it goes.

With my best regards,
G. Rodrigues