Replays for version 0.7

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

matta

Replays for version 0.7

Post by matta »

This is a topic for posting replays for 0.7, the current wesnoth release.

I'm playing through on medium in version 0.7 and thought others might like to see the replays for all the levels, in case one of them is really giving them trouble.

In earlier versions I played on "easy" and my play style was heavily influenced by Miyo's replays in "Replay tells more than a thousand words" -- i.e. lots of elvish healer things leveling up and helping out. I avoided horsemen entirely -- they were expensive and I tended to lose them.

But to do well in 0.7 "medium" difficulty, I've had to learn to use horsemen -- otherwise I can't kill things off quick enough and I run into money problems since I don't finish levels fast enough. I've learned the real trick with horsemen is learning when to run away, and attacking almost exclusively in full daylight (or dawn/dusk against weaker units). :P

I've also had to learn to curb my tendency to summon too many units and make due with "just enough." Otherwise I keep running out of money.

As I play through I'll keep adding replays (I hope the forum let's me edit this post to add them!).
matta

Next 5 levels.

Post by matta »

I can't attach more than 5 attachments per post, so here are the next 5 levels.