No unit stats available on-line

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

xangelo

Post by xangelo »

Newly joined these forums and downloaded Oseoma's HTML files. But.. I was a little picky on the colors, so I just edited them a little so they looked better... Sorry Oseoma ...

(on the plus side, I will soon be getting a new server and will be able to host the downloads online)

Code: Select all

body{
background-color: #282828; 
font-family: sans-serif; 
color: #FFFFFF; 
}
TABLE{ 
border-width: 1px; 
border-color: #000000; 
border-style: solid; 
}
td{
font-size: 12px; 
text-align: center; 
padding: 5px; 
border-width: 1px; 
border-color: #000000; 
border-style: solid; 
}
tr.first{
font-weight: bold; 
font-size: medium; 
}
td.race{
padding-top: 12px; 
color: #DDDDDD; 
background-color: #3D3D3D; 
font-size: 15px; 
}
a{   
text-decoration: none;    
font-size: 11px; 
}
a:hover{   
color: #FF6600; 
}
Just copy and paste that into a txt file and save it as "style.css" including the quotes. Try and save it over the current css file located in the main directory of the file that Oseoma provided.
elricz

Post by elricz »

I like it, although the default letter is a little small for me. It is applied now in the trunk branch of http://units.wesnoth.org, I am not sure about applying it for all the page, any comments?
I have seen pages where you can select different style sheets for the whole site, how is it done with HTML? That could be a nice add-on to the page, but I don't know how to code it.
xangelo

Post by xangelo »

you can change the pages individually if you want it to change with HTML. That is, each page would have it's own CSS file.
elricz

Post by elricz »

xangelo wrote:you can change the pages individually if you want it to change with HTML. That is, each page would have it's own CSS file.
Thanks, I was looking for a way of selecting a style sheet and apply it all over the site. I found something about alternate stiles, but it applies only to the current page, and the solution for the site needs javascript and cookies, and I don't want to add that complexity to the pages.
Regarding the style sheet, I like it for the main pages and trees, but on the unit page the letter sizes look a bit odd (check it with the Dark Adept, for example) If you can tweak the style, or even craft a better HTML template for the units, I will use it for the whole site.
SkeletonCrew
Inactive Developer

Post by SkeletonCrew »

I finally found the time to find the bug in lftp :? and now I uploaded the tars elricz made.

The translated stats can be found here
http://www.xs4all.nl/~roadie/wesnoth_units/1.0/
and here
http://www.xs4all.nl/~roadie/wesnoth_units/1.2/

note the 1.0.2 has 1.1.12 in the language specific parts, only fixed the main index.

@elricz feel free to link to them.
elricz

Post by elricz »

SkeletonCrew wrote:note the 1.0.2 has 1.1.12 in the language specific parts, only fixed the main index.

@elricz feel free to link to them.
Thanks! I have done it on the main page of http://units.wesnoth.org and the page with the tar files. The version numbers are fixed in the latest tar uploaded to the googlepage for that version, but you may want to wait for the next file, because of the following change.

Regarding styles, I am playing with a style selector, it has the styles submitted by Eleazar and xangelo. For now it only works in trunk, I think all the site will be ready for tomorrow. It is not hard to add new style sheets, so if anyone feels creative contributions are welcome!

@SkeletonCrew, let me know what you prefer on the files, with or without style selection.
SkeletonCrew
Inactive Developer

Post by SkeletonCrew »

I'm quite clueless about style sheets, so how much extra space does an extra style sheet cost. Only the sheet itself or do all the html files need to be changed as well? If it fits at my ISP I don't mind to put up all possible styles. I've one small feature request, would it be possible to add a link to the official site on the main unit page, just in case somebody stumbles on my site they can find the official site easy.

@elricz Feel free to PM me when you've a new version ready for upload.
elricz

Post by elricz »

SkeletonCrew wrote:I'm quite clueless about style sheets, so how much extra space does an extra style sheet cost. Only the sheet itself or do all the html files need to be changed as well?
In this case, it will add two files to the package (the style sheet and the code to switch) and two lines on every file, to "link" to these files. Not too complex, I wouldn't have do it if so.
SkeletonCrew wrote:I've one small feature request, would it be possible to add a link to the official site on the main unit page, just in case somebody stumbles on my site they can find the official site easy.
Sure, I will do it for the next time I generate the files. I will PM you when it's done.

Thanks!
SkeletonCrew
Inactive Developer

Post by SkeletonCrew »

elricz wrote:
SkeletonCrew wrote:I'm quite clueless about style sheets, so how much extra space does an extra style sheet cost. Only the sheet itself or do all the html files need to be changed as well?
In this case, it will add two files to the package (the style sheet and the code to switch) and two lines on every file, to "link" to these files. Not too complex, I wouldn't have do it if so.
Then I'll also host the different sytle sheets.
elricz wrote:
SkeletonCrew wrote:I've one small feature request, would it be possible to add a link to the official site on the main unit page, just in case somebody stumbles on my site they can find the official site easy.
Sure, I will do it for the next time I generate the files. I will PM you when it's done.

Thanks!
Well thank you, for making the unit stats available, I'm really happy to have them online again :)