The Rise of Wesnoth

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Uppi

Post by Uppi »

turin wrote:Before i download: Has the Temple of the Deep enemy leader been changed so it is not an ancient lich anymore? I hope so, since that AL was impossible to beat. He could fry a full health 3rd level unit in one turn :(
yes

Another thing: In the last two maps I dont get the bonus for finishing early...

And is it intended that the orks in Ancient Lich Point are not much trouble, because they get killed off by the Yetis?
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Ok, i downloaded it fine, but when i tried to unzip it i got this:

Code: Select all

unzip trow-0.4.0.zip
Archive:  trow-0.4.0.zip
  End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not
  a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In the
  latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
  the last disk(s) of this archive.
unzip:  cannot find zipfile directory in one of trow-0.4.0.zip or
        trow-0.4.0.zip.zip, and cannot find trow-0.4.0.zip.ZIP, period.
i'll try downloading again, but i want to know if multiple people have gotten this, or just me.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Shade

A Few re's

Post by Shade »

-I hope it's just your download, I download and uncompressed it fine, but I use linux zip & Ark. Interested to know if anybody else is having this problem.

-Yes, the Lv 4 Lich is gone

-Yes the Orcs are supposed to get wiped by the Yeti, this is a re-building level. Did you find the 'Temple of the Deep' and 'Clearwater Port' hard enough?

-On Bonuses, I've already been twiddling with these files on disk, I'll poke around my zip, I think you were supposted to get bonus if you defeated all enemies. . . (edit: for Fallen Lich Point, it's bonus for all enemies, for the Sewer of Southbay it's bonus for beating one enemy. Right now I'm doing a re-play through. There will probably be a point release for the weekend, so bug reports are my friend.)
Last edited by Shade on June 2nd, 2004, 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Note to forum users: You are in a maze of twisty little passages
turin
Lord of the East

Re: A Few re's

Post by turin »

Shade wrote:-I hope it's just your download, I download and uncompress it fine, but I use linux zip & Ark. Interested to know if anybody else is having this problem.
OK...i guess for some reason it didn't download the whole file. It works for me now.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Uppi

Re: A Few re's

Post by Uppi »

Shade wrote: -Yes the Orcs are supposed to get wiped by the Yeti, this is a re-building level. Did you find the 'Temple of the Deep' and 'Clearwater Port' hard enough?
Well its just a bit pointless from a gameplay point of view, as they dont matter for the player. I have to admit, though, that its quite fun to watch.

'Temple of Deep' and 'Clearwater Port' are not easy, but not too hard if you have enough leveled units. Actually the hard part in 'Clearwater Port' was to keep the allied AI from charging out with the leader and getting surrounded and killed by orcs...
Shade wrote: -On Bonuses, I've already been twiddling with these files on disk, I'll poke around my zip, I think you were supposted to get bonus if you defeated all enemies. . . (edit: for Fallen Lich Point, it's bonus for all enemies, for the Sewer of Southbay it's bonus for beating one enemy. Right now I'm doing a re-play through. There will probably be a point release for the weekend, so bug reports are my friend.)
Hmm, but then you should give the player a hint, that they need to kill the enemies in order to get the bonus, because they will not think about going after the enemies (unless he badly needs some leveled units), because usually you get more gold for finishing early instead of fighting all enemies.
And as the levels are supposed to be for rebuilding, the player should get the bonus, because getting no bonus usually drains the gold reserves. (I finished with a negative amount of gold in both levels).

And I did kill a mage in the sewer, but still didnt get the bonus.
Shade

Your point on bonus is fair.

Post by Shade »

-I'll turn the bonus 'on' by default in these levels, in the next rev.
-In CwP, in the end dialogue, it is explained that the Lt. has a bit of a death wish. Try moving out to the watch towers.
-Yeah, the Yeti are 90% for amusement value. Since they have a low # of attacks, the results of their battle are pretty random, they either weaken the Orcs, or wipe them. Albeit if you have a Mage that needs to level, get the kill shot on one of those suckers. Or if you want some fun, go charge them. . . Yeti on snow.
-I'm just generally not happy with the sewer- - - something's gonna get done there.
Last edited by Shade on June 2nd, 2004, 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
mlangsdorf

Post by mlangsdorf »

I played the entire campaign (on easy 'cause I'm a wimp). Very well done.

I loved Clearwater Bay - probably my favorite scenario in the game so far. It really felt like a chaotic battle was going on.

The Sewers were an awful, awful level. I'd be pushing my way through at 1-3 hexes a turn when suddenly the Saurians would show up from the far side of the moon. Move of 7, no penalties in cave, attack oriented as all get-out, and resistant to pierce. That basically screws the entire Loyalist army list except for Swordsman and Royal Guards, which are not exactly common units. Saurians suck.

I don't have any other comments about the Sewers. I'd just like to register that I hate Saurians.

PS - Thank you for toning down that evil lich in the Temple.
Insinuator

Post by Insinuator »

Not if you're the controller. :D
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

I've taken a crack at 0.4, and encountered a problem on the second scenario - namely, I beat it in three turns. The Female Outlaw came out of her keep into a village, and I killed her with my King and two horsemen. I'd suggest you enable the "passive leader" flag on this level.
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Shade

She is Passive

Post by Shade »

She is set to passive, and the aggression=-1.0 :( Wow, how'd you get her to the bridge in two turns. If I charge hard with horsemen I can do it in 7. . . But two. . . Hmmm, what version of BfW are you using?

(edit: at on point in time I gave her two more footpad guards [then the ai_special for guards broke], I think I'll give he those guards back, and maybe move that keep back just a bit in the next minor rev. I'll add it to the to do list.)
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

That's odd. The passive_leader flag is indeed set. Why the hell did she run out and claim a village on the third turn, then?

Well, the village is at the ragged edge of her range. I suggest you move her castle back just one or two hexes. That'll do the trick - the only way I could reach her as things are is with quick horsemen (and the King, of course)
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

I've found a little problem - using german as language you're getting wrong messages at the start of the level. For example, in the first level I'm getting most of the text for the first level of the main campaign. I think you should set other id tags for your messages. ;-)
Shade

Keeps & Language

Post by Shade »

- Yeah, I'm going to move the keep back a bit.

- German language. Sorry, I had no Ideal that the language ID tags were causing you greif, I'll re-tag them for the next release (us silly EFL folks).
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Sangel wrote:That's odd. The passive_leader flag is indeed set. Why the hell did she run out and claim a village on the third turn, then?
I've found a bug that some AI parameters might not be serialized properly, so if you save/load it might not work.

Should be fixed in CVS.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Shade

Thanks. . .

Post by Shade »

Thanks! I have a point release about to come out, where I moved the keep back a bit anyway. I actually want to force a bit of and engagement with the orcs, for that OMG gotta get out of here type of feeling.