Fourth Orcish scenario

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

RokStar

Fourth Orcish scenario

Post by RokStar »

I tried a lot of time to complete the fourth scenario (Harbour of Tirigrat or something similar) but i always get defeated, or they kill one of my shamans, or they kill the Troll or Kapou'e.

I tried different strategies, Kapou'e in the castle summoning at start advanced units (i have a level 2 Troll, a level 2 Orcish Grunt, a Goblin Knight - second level goblin rider, and two almost advanced units), putting one advanced level unit to the north castle tile (near the bridge) and some level 1 units with him, the other units to the south blocking the other group of undead. No lucky.

I tried putting ALL my units to the northern castle, no way.

Tried to send all my units to the southern castle, no way.

I wonder if someone had finished that scenario and HOW... i'm playing at medium level...
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

the only advice i can give is to go back and get more advanced units. i don' think it's possible with the units you have.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
telly

Post by telly »

How much gold do you have? Its actually a very easy scenario. Just recruit/recall tons of trolls and attack in both directions. I think the north is maybe a bit harder so send any level 2 trolls you have that way. Even higher level wolf riders and orcs are pretty useless against undead.
torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

Getting much trolls is usefull for sure but I also found that one has to carefully use the watchtowers. Took me some time to notice that they've got a range of 5 fields and so you can easily take out two ships and one or two units with the upper ones. For the southern part, you can try to stop the ships from unloading there units and destroy them first - saves you much trouble. You've got to have units on all the places where they'd like to land, I could destroy one ship with trolls this way.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

torangan wrote:Getting much trolls is usefull for sure but I also found that one has to carefully use the watchtowers. Took me some time to notice that they've got a range of 5 fields and so you can easily take out two ships and one or two units with the upper ones. For the southern part, you can try to stop the ships from unloading there units and destroy them first - saves you much trouble. You've got to have units on all the places where they'd like to land, I could destroy one ship with trolls this way.
huh? you can't stop the people from landing- its a turn based event, not based on if the ship gets there, i'm pretty sure. and don't worry too much about them, they're not too powerful, IMO.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
telly

Post by telly »

Ignore me I was thinking of a different scenario..
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

telly wrote:Ignore me I was thinking of a different scenario..
um, yeah, i was too...which scenario are we talking about?
The World of Orbivm
Circon

Post by Circon »

The keyword in the first post is "undead".
When you then hear of a northern and a southern castle, i would be To the Harbor of Tirigaz.

I believe that telly was then right. Send loads of trolls. Regen+Impact=Redead undead.
mlangsdorf

Post by mlangsdorf »

How do people deal with the stupid bats in this scenario? Every time I attack them, my attacks miss but they hit and I end up with 32 HP bats floating around.
telly

Post by telly »

How do people deal with the stupid bats in this scenario? Every time I attack them, my attacks miss but they hit and I end up with 32 HP bats floating around.
Trolls. Bats have 50% defence so you aren't going to miss all your attacks and you only need two hits to finish one off. The main thing is to keep your units in groups so they can't get isolated and surrounded.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

mlangsdorf wrote:How do people deal with the stupid bats in this scenario? Every time I attack them, my attacks miss but they hit and I end up with 32 HP bats floating around.
they don't really have 32 HP. i've tested this. the bats have their HP bar say 32, but really, if you damage them, it will act as if they had their maximum normal health, 16. that is, unless you somehow advanced all the enemy bats. :)

i thik you can actually ignore the bats. leave your shamans on the villages, then send people NE and SW. the bats will go around, and attack your shamans. leave your shamans on villages, and use the drain attack. yours is more powerful then theirs, so eventually, you will kill them.
The World of Orbivm