The AI defending choke points?

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
SteelP

The AI defending choke points?

Post by SteelP »

What do you think about making the AI defend (or attack) some places like gates, forests, ... with strategical interest? Developers of BFW would design the AI "interested" on those zones, and it would be the map designer choice to "signal" a "strategical zone" for the AI.

Is it allready a game feature? if so, excuse me, but since I play Wesnoth (Medium difficulty) I have only seen lots of enemies coming at my troops at top speed :D .
Boucman
Inactive Developer

Post by Boucman »

I think you can give to a IA unit a "go here" order, and a "guard" order but I don't think that's exactly what you mean
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

this probably something disirable, but Ai are hard to code, or so i have been told. he AI does try somewhat to keep you away from its castle, but only because thats where its leader is. and i'm not sure how many other strategic points other than villages there are. and the scenario designer can make villages more or less valuable to the AI. its not really that hard.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Kamahawk

Post by Kamahawk »

With starcraft (and probebly warcraft3) one of the setting you could give to an area was for an AI side to "value this area", is that what you mean?
My contributions to the Wesnoth Project over time are inversly proportional to the number of registered forum users!
Piet Hein wrote:Knowing what thou knowest not is in a sence Omniscience

Post by Guest »

Yes, that's what I tried to say, Kamahawk